Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep 'em coming man, you are the funny guy here not me!

You say that whilst moaning about R-27T, that is as funny as it is sad.

Maybe Red should lose 27T if it's too hard for the hard up Blue, that 2 or 3 km extra range over the R-73 must be really tough to bare. Then maybe you can just manage with that extra 10km range the AIM-7 gets over the R-27R. Failing that i'm sure you could then start complaining that R-73 is unfair because of AIM-9. Then you could moan about turn rates get them tweaked and that should do it, then you'll have best radar, radar missiles, ir missiles, rwr, speed, fuel consumption and turn rates whilst Red have no advantages. Seriously is that the way you want it.

R-27T is unfair lmao.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Keep 'em coming man, you are the funny guy here not me!

Let me put it tactically.

In a straight up scenario of 1v1 the F-15 will force the Su27 into a defensive position because of the AIM-7s longer legs - if he values his virtual life, this then allows the F-15 with his superior speed to chase down the Flanker and win. With the option of an R-27T even though it has very short legs it gives something that has a chance of stalling the Eagles press. Hence some semblance between aircraft other than just one holding all the aces.

Of course current missiles make this very hit and miss conidering chaff is very effective and flares even more so.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

104th_Maverick has taken off from Kutaisi.

83606.jpg

maverick was the only one who survived :D

after this excellent blue offensive towards beslan :)

OK many survivers( more than mav )...

THAT WAS A GREAT OFFENSIVE S!

I hope we bring this kind of motivation into the main event...

GL for blue flag 5

S

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My only wish is that the midnight blue fairies that come and ninja bases unopposed would stop so Red's would have absolutely nothing to moan about when we win the next round.

That'd be me a couple friends. Hey man, we aren't ninjas we just get on it eh evening US times and work effectively. Haha, calculated and coordinated strikes. I think my personal favorite was when we took MinVody, because it was the 373rd base, and the next day the dedicated squadron slots were removed... haha that's golden.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

That'd be me a couple friends. Hey man, we aren't ninjas we just get on it eh evening US times and work effectively. Haha, calculated and coordinated strikes. I think my personal favorite was when we took MinVody, because it was the 373rd base, and the next day the dedicated squadron slots were removed... haha that's golden.

We were running for our lives :D

Slots in Vody are the same since round 2 as this specific airbase has not a capable number of available parking slots to host more than 1 squadron in.

Squadron slots were tweaked in other airbases to get more general slots free for both sides.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

We were running for our lives :D

Slots in Vody are the same since round 2 as this specific airbase has not a capable number of available parking slots to host more than 1 squadron in.

Squadron slots were tweaked in other airbases to get more general slots free for both sides.

Greg

Haha, yeah yeah yeah. I'm kidding. No we appreciate the extra slots, really. Just a funny coincidence is all.

On the topic actually, how are the helicopter slots at airbase assigned? Just noticed a little lack of KA-50 slots at some airbases. Just every now and again.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Team,

There seems to be some confusion around the group that I fly with regarding the repair timers. My understanding is this?:

When the last unit in a group is killed, a timer is added to a queue, where the length of the timer is a random figure between 15 and 30 minutes. The repair queue is processed in order and at the end of the timer, the whole group is repaired. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then I'd ask that the scripts are reviewed as there is some repeated suggestion that groups are re spawning in less than 10 minutes; below the minimum for the quoted repair time. I have seen no evidence of this myself, but I've heard it mentioned enough times that it's a concern.

Cheers,

Ash

Team,

There seems to be some confusion around the group that I fly with regarding the repair timers. My understanding is this?:

When the last unit in a group is killed, a timer is added to a queue, where the length of the timer is a random figure between 15 and 30 minutes. The repair queue is processed in order and at the end of the timer, the whole group is repaired. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then I'd ask that the scripts are reviewed as there is some repeated suggestion that groups are re spawning in less than 10 minutes; below the minimum for the quoted repair time. I have seen no evidence of this myself, but I've heard it mentioned enough times that it's a concern.

Cheers,

Ash

Yes this is how it works (or it should until we see the opposite :D)

For example in airbases there are 5x groups (Interceptors, Bunkers, SAM, EWR, Ground units).

If you destroy the EWR group completely (it is consited by 3 units) then it enters the repair queue. When EWR's group gets first in the queue it will get repaired after 15-30mins.

Will check it later to see if everything is ok. Thanks again.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Yes this is how it works (or it should until we see the opposite :D)

For example in airbases there are 5x groups (Interceptors, Bunkers, SAM, EWR, Ground units).

If you destroy the EWR group completely (it is consited by 3 units) then it enters the repair queue. When EWR's group gets first in the queue it will get repaired after 15-30mins.

Will check it later to see if everything is ok. Thanks again.

Greg

As I said in a post in another thread, I had 2 fuel bunkers repair in under 10 minutes last night.

Was a bit frustrating to be truthful :/

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Let me make it all clear how the repair works, and why sometimes the repair groups and times can be confusing.

Apart from what Greg said, there are 2 special conditions to the repair.

1. When someone brings a repair/refuel crate to an Aerodrome/FARP/City which is being repaired, the first group in line to be repaired will be repaired immediately.

2. In Aerodromes only, the fuel bunkers have a special repair mechanism that always gives precedence for repair.

So, for example - if I attack an Aerodrome and destroy by this order the groups - SAM, EWR, INTERCEPT, Fuel.

What would happen with the repair in the background -

a. The fuel would be automatically thrown to the head of the list for repair.

b. The time from the first destroyed group count down would still continue.

So this means that if the SAM which was destroyed first, had a random time set for 25 minutes, and the Fuel bunkers were destroyed 20 minutes after the SAM was destroyed, the fuel would be repaired in 5 minutes as the timer continues but the fuel takes precedence.

The fuel is having precedence in order to make sure the Aerodrome is not closed for a very long period of time, otherwise someone could exploit it to destroy the fuel bunkers at the end of the attack process and in such, making the Aerodrome unavailable for a minimum of 1 hour 15 minutes or maximum of 2 hours and 30 minutes which would have a very big impact.

I know this can be confusing, and could show of some script issues, but it doesn't.

As far as I saw so far, the repair worker logic part of the script is working with no issues, I have revised it a few times during the testing period to make sure everything is working.

Hope this makes it clear for everyone :)

• Like 1