AV-8B Harrier Plus DCS version

Prowler111

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of a day doing M9 quals. As SPs we had a specialty course that included one-handed firing. The jackass airman E-2 next to me (I was a senior airman E-4 at the time) turns his pistol sideways like a gangbanger.

Never heard a range NCO scream so loud in my life.....

Reminds me of a day doing M9 quals. As SPs we had a specialty course that included one-handed firing. The jackass airman E-2 next to me (I was a senior airman E-4 at the time) turns his pistol sideways like a gangbanger.

Never heard a range NCO scream so loud in my life.....

Nice, firing your pistol sideways, not a very good idea.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Try it with 2 and see what you hit...;)

I have loads of sties but I don't want to see this thread de-railed any further.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I actually managed to hit quite a few of those targets one-handed. It was intended to simulate your being injured.

Course also included shooting at popup metal targets from the cover of your police vehicle's door.

Turning his pistol parallel to the ground like that didn't help the E-2 though.... :)

Well what was really funny is that they did wander around. Then finally after being told by the 10th different crew chief where to find it, they decided this was what we were talking about. lol You should here the flight line story.

Marine Crash Crews often got "One of you turds bring me 500 feet of flight line!"

Firefighters in Municipal Depts - "Go get me a left handed hydrant wrench off the truck probie"

Contract Fire in Iraq "Hey new guy, the crash phone is down, climb up on the roof so you can watch for the tower guys to use the light gun....take these chem lights and wave them to get their attention.....you will have to REALLY wave them around" five minutes later the tower guys are calling to advise us we have an idiot dancing on the roof with chem lights...

last one.. hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Maybe we should stop before we de-rail this thread even more...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I didn't know de-rail was a two-word word... :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I didn't know de-rail was a two-word word... :D

it is when you use spell check. lol

derail, derail, derail :thumbup: kind of reminds me of deplane deplane...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm really looking forward to this one also, looks like it might be ready by December?:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 weeks later...
Nice try getting this re-railed.

Mmm... Is it on hold or the work is not visually possible? :joystick:

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 2 weeks later...
It's only on hold for you, the rest of us are bound by an NDA not to show you the screenshots we all got in our PM's. :P

:mad: Pretty unfair then... :cry: Well... I tried. :pilotfly:

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 1 month later...