AV-8B Harrier Plus DCS version

Prowler111

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFM = FC series and similar

AFM = A flight model with a engineer o a real AV8B pilot (for example) can be fly them and certificate with that model fly very symilar at a real airplane.

The problem of make a AFM (BS-2/A-10C/P-51D) has de developing time, testing and making all external code with affect to a model to recreate them under air flow, pressure, gravity and a long etc of realistic systems, weapons and failures applicable to a model. For now we have not a guidance of papers, tutorials, models or guides to make them, only a advisor of ED and hundred and hundred of programming code to make them from scratch.

A example:

SFM models: can be make 2-3 on a year.

AFM models: can be make 1 on 1-2 years.

Wags and others say in that forum with a good AFM model need a engineer making doing physics calculations of physical movements and other data necessary for the proper functioning under a year of work, much of it is out of debne engineering parameters of these models, usually not available to the general public.

It's not the same to say (for instance):

pulse stick backward to raise the plane while detachment:

SFM: add some fixed data to some fixed variables.

AFM: formula to calculate drag + power + angle of attack + turbulence + gravity, etc. to get the lift coefficient of the model in this situation on real time.

Thanks for the info.

man, the cockpit pics are awsome, cant wait to have VTOL capable aircraft in DCSW ! the Harrier is so much awaited !! keep ut the nice work

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

says WHO again?..

gr9_004-1.jpg

The GR9 is scheduled for a December release (FSX version) and the DCS version will be out once we put the AV-8B in there.

The Harrier currently is 3rd in our DCS development lineup, 1st is the T-2 and 2nd is a project that we´ll unveil when time comes.

Best regards

Prowler

So what's this secret 2nd project again?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1 copy has already been sold.

I don't know where I'm going to find the time to learn how to fly all these planes though. I might just end up crashing them instead. Especially those without English cockpits. Still worth every cent.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

AFM: formula to calculate drag + power + angle of attack + turbulence + gravity, etc. to get the lift coefficient of the model in this situation on real time.

But Silver_Dragon, there must be some experience gathered each time calculating an AFM model that can give some refernce point. This should shorten the time needed to develop the second AFM model, would it not? The aircrafts is of cource different but not that different after all.

(HJ)

Can´t wait...

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

But Silver_Dragon, there must be some experience gathered each time calculating an AFM model that can give some refernce point. This should shorten the time needed to develop the second AFM model, would it not? The aircrafts is of cource different but not that different after all.

(HJ)

Yes, actually, there is always an increased development time for a "first attempt." Depending on how well they write their first AFM, the second may be easier. (But there's no guarantee.)

Indeed, a DCS 3rd party dev wiki would be extremely helpful for all, however I can't see it happening due to the time and effort that those guys put in, they likely want to keep their secrets close to their chest and let others find out the same way they did. Sad really because this truly is a massive community project and those secrets would be best shared among us all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

So, who am I paying for this? ED or RAZBAM? Whats this going to cost me? Is RAZBAM selling this to ED for relaese or do I buy it directly? What assurances are there that it will be updated and patched as DCS developes?

Isn't a wee bit early for that much anxiety?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is just a guess so DO NOT take it as gospel

who am I paying for this? ED or RAZBAM?

RazBAM.

Whats this going to cost me?

Depends on RAZBAM but as a guess around the 40 dollar mark .

Is RAZBAM selling this to ED for relaese or do I buy it directly?

Probably through themselves.

What assurances are there that it will be updated and patched as DCS developes?

They do MSFS addons so they have a reputation to look after.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45