Bullet collision/hit detection is broken.

WHOGX5

Depending on range, bullets will pass straight through enemy units. At longer ranges you can't hit them at all, and once you move closer, somewhere below 25-50m, you can hit the targets in some areas, and in others parts it will simply pass straight through the target. I've tried this a couple of times, using the APC Tigr and one of the russian fuel trucks as targets, and using the M1A2 and the Leopard 2 as firing platforms using both 7.62, AP, and HE rounds. They all acted the same. The only difference I noticed was that the fuel truck had more hittable areas than the Tigr.

I first noticed this while attacking an airfield in Leopard 2's and finding it impossible to kill any hostiles units at all. This was after updating DCS:W to 1.5.4 today, though I don't know if this is an old bug or if it came with this patch since i haven't played CA for ages.

Here is a video I recorded this morning where I am firing at Tigr's in an Abrams:

[ame]

[/ame]

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante