Hawk is bound to my account but "Invalid serial number"

I cannot figure out what's going on.

Somebody gave me the Hawk and it worked fine for a few months. Then one day, without me making ANY changes to my DCS install, it stopped working. My game is acting as if it's not bound to my account.

I can't sign into multiplayer unless I uncheck it in the module manager even though the license checker says it's bound to my account. I deleted every trace of the module (including regedit) after de-activating it. I reinstalled it and got exactly the same symptoms. Weirdly the ED stats say it's not active but the Starforce stats say it is.

Serial Number: XX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Product:DCS: BAE HAWK

Active:No

Replaced:No

Type:Release

Bind date:03-06-2016

Bound to:P***

Star Force serial number parameters

Product:BAE Hawk

Activated:Yes

Blacklisted:No

Expired:No

Number of activations has been exceeded:No

Type:Release

Any ideas?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Try this:

1. In your DCS account go to Hawk key and select "unbind from current login"

2. start dcs with HAWK installed, and wait to key request

3. When request fro activation, insert your key and click activate.

This should newly rebind the key to your account

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Try this:

1. In your DCS account go to Hawk key and select "unbind from current login [. . .]

That's why I think it's a problem with the license itself. I could do that before, but not now. I'll try contacting the original purchaser and see if they can shed some light on the situation. But as I said in the OP, it's definitely bound to my account.

You can unbind a key even if your key was a gift.

Do this:

In you DCS account on the left panel there is a section named "License check" with a text box. Type in the HAWK key and push CHECK button.

After some seconds license information will load and you can push the grey button "unbind from current login".

Let me know

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

You can unbind a key even if your key was a gift.

Do this:

In you DCS account on the left panel there is a section named "License check" with a text box. Type in the HAWK key and push CHECK button.

After some seconds license information will load and you can push the grey button "unbind from current login".

Let me know

None of the usual binding controls show up. It acts as if I entered a key that belongs to somebody else entirely. (But it still says it's bound to my account, which is what's confusing me)

I think I cannot help further, but as a suggestion you should contact ED and request a replacement key.

• 2 weeks later...

Necropost to the rescue, because two weeks later the Hawk license is still completely broken.

Is there any way to get support on this without the order number? As far as I know only the original owner has it, and the module was given to me.

Edit: I filed a different type of ticket that doesn't require an order number, but I won't be surprised if it gets rejected or something because the issue is waaay different than anything they have options for.

Edited by Pocket Sized