[REPORTED]Mortars wont fire in 1.5.4

gunterlund21

Oh no.. can anyone confirm that bug? I am at work currently.

My mission I am building relies on a mortar firing on a friendly site. Mission making is very frustrating when every update causes missions not to work anymore.. :(

I assume you also placed some infantry in the same group to operate the mortar?

Edited by MasterZelgadis

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

10 minutes still no firing.

I played a mission yesterday where I flew in a mortar team, gave them a target, and flew away. They fired 100% A-OK as tasked.

This was in the latest Openbeta flying an Mi-8.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team

the motar team near the road need infantry to fire.

added 2 soldier next to it and it fires

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

edit, I may have found the problem, give me some more time to look into it

second edit:

I have made the devs aware, after mission reload it did not fire, but on a fresh mission it was fine. Dont know the reason, hopefully they will find out

reported #0035309

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

edit, I may have found the problem, give me some more time to look into it

second edit:

I have made the devs aware, after mission reload it did not fire, but on a fresh mission it was fine. Dont know the reason, hopefully they will find out

reported #0035309

right on Thanks Big Newy

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Hmmm, last night on the latest v1.5.4 two groups of Paladins would not fire... The mission was carried over from v1.5.3.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• ED Team

was the mission re-saved in 1.54?

if you can attach the mission I will take a look

thanks

Yes, it was saved on v1.5.4 yesterday late afternoon before I ran it. I'd moved two Blue Paladin groups closer to Kutaisi Airbase and set both to fire on the base and was within the ranging circle. Both groups pointed their barrels to the targets but never fired, and the darn Tunguska ate up a bunch of my attacking armor! See attached.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• ED Team

Thanks

over 1000 units! :) that is one busy mission

I am seeing the same, they are not firing.

I will try and reproduce in a simple mission and report.

• ED Team

they are working in a simple mission,

this will take some more investigation

:-)

You may have seen this post about Part Of Coalition Out Of Zone, in a simple mission test I found the problem associated with a Late Activated group, in that case a helicopter.

WC