OPERATION SUMMER RAIN - MULTIPLAYER DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

gregzagk

Thanks Xcom for providing all the material and debriefing links.It is always a pleasure watching your twitch stream of the event. Once again the event run smooth and everyone enjoyed it. For 2,5 hours we managed to complete our sorties withoun even one server crash, even though there where almost 60 people online.

I am amazed and puzzled by the fact that Operation Summer Rain has managed to complete so far 13 missions with an average of 58-64 e-pilots, but I dont see any real interest from the community.

I know exactly the capacity of the campaign concerning the squadrons that could participate. You misunderstood my question. I wondered why there is so much hype with inferior campaigns or activity, and when something major like this comes up, the community simply passes by like it is normal to have an activity of this magnitude. Of course i am referring to the rest of the sim community, people that spend countless posts looking and asking for dynamic campaigns. We,the people that already participate in Summer Rain, already know how it is like. Two times a week we manage to amass 64 participants and have a blast for 2,5 hours. That is priceless by my standards.

Thank you everyone for an excellent campaign!

We've just finished the final mission, all the statistics are posted in the following webpage - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/Default.html

I'd love to hear some war stories, I know I have some! once I get the time I'll write them down here.

Thanks a lot also to all the participants!!!

Special thanks to Xcom(IAF) and BigGinger(Anon6) for all their work before and during the campaign!

We had a great time!

I believe we managed a lot of things during the past 1.5 month and gained a lot of experience for our squadrons ,next events and server handling with DCS World.

I remember one by one the ground commanders intensive calls and whispers especially when they were losing their last unit that tried to capture an airbase! :D

Managed to deal with some technical issues during the event that brought us to the point to handle 64 pilots during the sessions without warping or lag issues.

We will post the Server specs and mission setup. Thanks a lot again.

See you in the next one! :pilotfly:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I will start with your last kind words - see you in the next one - hope so, because events like this are only reason why I am still flying DCS.

What I have to say is: that after this event, when Im putting up my headphones now, I still hear strange voice in my head .....

"HEY GUYS , server is up, password is MIZ xxx :thumbup: .......wait a minute guys server is down again" :lol:

Oh those damm crashes of the server were terrible :)

But most important thing is, that you did your best guys - XCOM, Greg, and because of that I will remember only those nice and fine things from whole campaign. Big respect gents.

On behalf of whole SVK-squadron I would like to thank you.

And last thing - somebody has posted here video with Teddys attack on C-130. Teddy flew without fuel during last seconds so he was pretty lucky that he did that kill :thumbup: Thanks Teddy for very nice "emotive" moment.

Thanks also belongs to our opponents because withou them we couldnt have so fine time.

Thanks for all the participants and especially organizers for this great campaign. While there were some technical hiccups few times that mostly got sorted out eventually they were easily outmatched by all the positive stuff. The immersion, suspense and sheer amount of adrenalin was something I haven't yet experienced in a game. Competent and challenging human adversary and persistent damage (from mission to mission) forced you to pay attention to what you are doing and bring your A-game to every mission. Rarely has getting shot down felt as frustrating and shooting down an enemy as sweet and rewarding. Thanks to the competent Red side pilots I had the opportunity to learn lot's of new tactics and get invaluable experience. It was also great opportunity to learn team work and tactics with my squadron (temporary) buddies and other blue side pilots.

I felt for the first time flying missions in a way I think real fighter pilots do. Airquake kill hunting was useless but now you were thinking about intercept geometry, scramble times, time on station, cruise efficiency, team work and tactics, strike planning, Brevity and GCI procedures, etc. It was a whole new world. Especially human GCI transformed the experience to something completely different from your usual DCS MP experience. As a CAP fighter you had to plan to find and intercept sneaky enemy attack planes and choppers before they managed to get to their objectives. In general you could count on the enemy to give you the worst possible scenario to deal with.

I highly recommend this kind of campaigns to anyone who's interested to experience more realistic air combat, large scale team work and intense suspense, joy and frustration.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Few videos made during campaign

I Especially like that one ;)

Unfortunately my track for Mission 6 is broken before the key points, so I can't show you how it looked first-person. Earlier that night, I shot down another F-15 with my hawg.

I've made this video from TacView, situation on the day of that same event.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XQLBFwWUfyE

Commander Aries and me had a close encounter with ANON6_Furious' F-15, this time it was Furious who scored kill before I put his F-15 out of service ;) Look how two rockets hit each other in mid-air front-aspect!!! :D Incredible. Furious' maneuver after that is worth respect, even manpads that I placed with my Huey earlier couldn't hit him in that loop! :thumbup:

Yeah, that kill is a bit mystery to me but DCS awarded the kill to me by 20mmHE so apparently I did some damage to him. Granted he would have most likely recovered if Yuval wasn't attacking him also so I can't take the credit alone. Greg vs. Bushmanni ended at 3-4 to my advantage.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Here are my few videos, made from Tacview ACMI footage:

Heli vs Heli:

Those heli-guns really drop some shells :D

A bit laggy there

*NOB*WeparSestrunjski Double-kill:

Same event that aemwee posted 3rd person from, earlier..

Looks amazing, but after later analyzing, we concluded that his A-10C ran out of steam, forced him to abort the climb attempt.. then as luck would have it: the Eagles never did see him, "nose on" angles, plane is at it's smallest. Perfect execution from there. Gratz!

Some Blue on Blue, bad luck and timing:

EDIT:

Of course I have this aswell:

The jets (F-15, Mig-29, Su-27) spawn with 0% fuel, we sat there refueling for AGES... :) That damn whine got old and annoying very fast.

And one short (1 hour) clip of me GCIing on mission 13: Sorry about the Finnish:

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

• 2 weeks later...

LOOOOL Airwolf soundtrack, awesome choice!! But you hacker replaced refuelling sound by music?? No no...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...

When next campaign? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 5 months later...

*NOB*Defenders of Beslan owe this video to this thread...

Make sure you turn on subtitles to have our Croatian mumbling translated...

Looking forward to the next large scale campaign!!!

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Flights for that campaign will be on Saturdays I assume xcom? :)

Get ready for a 24/7 dynamic campaign :)

We have been working hard to get a campaign such as that ready for the DCS community and set a new standard for multiplayer game play.

As a flight enthusiast myself, I can't wait for the new 24/7 campaign to start, Should be very fun!

Get ready for a 24/7 dynamic campaign :)

We have been working hard to get a campaign such as that ready for the DCS community and set a new standard for multiplayer game play.

As a flight enthusiast myself, I can't wait for the new 24/7 campaign to start, Should be very fun!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Respects to you XCom and to 373vFS_Greg for trying to take DCS a step further!

If this dynamic 24/7 campaign goes well,then we should think of large scale events with lots of pilots and virtual SQNs!!!

Keep up the good work!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~