OPERATION SUMMER RAIN - MULTIPLAYER DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

gregzagk

Greg, try to notify people though PM as some folks do not come here regularly (NFI, UVAF, 36th...). I'd fly this if I could. Good luck.

Registrations will close on Thursday 9th of October at 18:00 zulu

As we already really close reaching our maximum capacity regarding the participating pilots in each mission (current limit is 45 pilots) we will close registrations on this Thursday just before the next mission.

A big thanks to all you showed interest and will participate to the event :thumbup:

We want to try increasing the current limit so we will have 2 stress tests missions with all the campaign features running in them. When the stress tests are over we will set a limit on the pilots that each squad can get in the server during a mission in order to ensure stability.

Stress tests missions

-Thursday 09th of October 18:30 zulu time

-Sunday 12th of October 18:30 zulu time

After registrations are closed we will proceed getting all registered squadrons to their airbases and will try to make sure that everybody will get familiar with the Campaign features/gameplay and rules.

The Campaign starts at the 23rd of the October so we will have 2 weekends in front of us.

Looking forward for Thursday's mission .Thanks again!

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Hey Greg, here you say (1st page) that Su-25T is also allowed module. I hope so, cause that is only SEAD against Long/medium range AA... And on the Anon-website announcement, Su-25T module is NOT mentioned?!

Also, why am I not listed here http://89.163.173.82/DCS/INT/International.php ??? I should be close to slowhand.

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hey Greg, here you say (1st page) that Su-25T is also allowed module. I hope so, cause that is only SEAD against Long/medium range AA... And on the Anon-website announcement, Su-25T module is NOT mentioned?!

It is available and really important asset :)

It is mentioned in the SOP.

Also, why am I not listed here http://89.163.173.82/DCS/INT/International.php ??? I should be close to slowhand.

I think you mixed up the events :D This is a summary of the stats of the older Campaign (Caucasus Blizzard) which ended on August 2014. You didnt fly in it.

Hi DanielNL,

The Su-25T is available for both sides.

Regarding the listing that is just stats from one of the previous stress test missions, nothing to do with the upcoming campaign.

You should check that you are listed on http://www.anon6.com/team on the red side.

Cheers,

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Well, on the bottom, where all modules are listed a 2nd time with YouTube links to DCS YouTube-channel, Su-25T is not mentioned... just saying, but okay now I am sure, thx! :)

You should check that you are listed on www.anon6.com/team on the red side.

Cheers,

"Access Denied

You do not have access to view this page."

What is this, a bad joke? -.-

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Registration closed.Thanks everybody for joining the Operation!

Registered Squadrons:

IAF

373vFS

ANON6

UOAF

=UVP=

SVK

NOB

ESCUADRON 69

109th

=UVAF=

Suomi Finland

We had the mission yesterday in which we reached 53 pilots in the server.

There were no big issues except from a 5 minutes period in which some pilots were joining together the server and this may caused many lag/warping issues. After that the server returned to a stable status.

The mission lasted for 2 hours.Thanks everyone who helped us check the server limitations.

Next mission is scheduled for Sunday at 18:30 zulu time.

The purpose of these missions, before the official start of the campaign (23rd of the Campaign) is to get everyone familiar with the rules/gameplay and especially check the servers. I hope the briefing we had yesterday solved a lot of questions.

Please check quite often the ANON6 website for updates and Campaign info.

See you all on Sunday! :thumbup:

-------------------------------------------------------[]-------------------------------------------------------

Mission 4 Statistics : http://foinikas.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=121&Itemid=1172

*At this point we didn't include the static structures destruction in the A-G kills.Stats are WIP by Xcom.

Tacview : http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/ACMI/Summer%20Rain%20Mission%204th.acmi

Edited by gregzagk

I think Greg wrote that only briefly when many people joined after an hour and a half into the mission.

Thanks to all the squads that participated in the last mission, we will have another mission run on Sunday which will be the last run before the campaign start on the 23rd.

Sounds like one of the most interesting approaches to DCS online campaign so far. I just registered to the anon6 network as a single pilot. I'm no member of a squadron but I have no problems in flying in a team on comms. Should know many people from there anyway :).

I'm familiar with the FC3 planes and the A-10C :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good combat flight is understanding the nature of things and the feeling to handle it.

Did you experience any lag/warp yesterday?

Hey.

Yes we had but as you can see in the Tacview file also it was only for ~5 minutes when many clients joined at the same time in the server.

We had the server open ,without a password , cause we wanted to check the limits before everything will warp around :D So at around 1.5 hour ~10 pilots joined us at the same time and the number of total pilots increased to 53.

Except from that all seemed normal and if there were any small lags or warpings it should be from the clients pings. As in all online games. I was mostly of the time in the Ground Commander slot in which you can easily spot if someone warps.

We hope that if all pilots enter in sequence and with cautious ,we will be ok with more pilots.Let's see what happens on Sunday.

Edited by gregzagk

Dang, missed the sign ups

Still, register and you can replace some pilot at some days when they're missing out a mission due to other private issues! ;) give it a chance!

Still, register and you can replace some pilot at some days when they're missing out a mission due to other private issues! ;) give it a chance!

Nope. Unfortunately the registrations are over. We have to limit the participations at this point.

We hope to be able to open them again in the near future.

Well, he can already register on the anon site, then wait till registrations go open again soon (they will, believe me).

Next mission will be on Sunday (12th of October) at 18:30 zulu time.

This will be the 5th and final mission of the mini Campaign we had before the official Operation Summer Rain starting date. We hope all squadrons will show up.

After the end of the session and during the next days we will :

-Announce the pilot numbers that each squadron can bring to each mission of the Campaign due to the limitations we have to set to maintain stability of the Server.

-Divide the Squadrons to Red & Blue coalitions.

-Ask Squadron Commanders to select their Airbase from which their squadron will operate during the missions.

-Ask Squadron Commanders to decide the number/type of aircraft they want to ''buy'' depending on the available virtual currency (check SOP).

-Send a video tutorial about the Online mission planner to Squadron Commanders and Leaders.

-Have a Squadron Commander meeting to review the Campaign SOP,Rules & features (date will be announced asap)

The Campaign starts in 2 weeks so the registered squadrons will have to stay tuned to ANON6 website and to this topic about the final details.

See you tomorrow :thumbup:

I'd like to report back here that so far on today's mission we have had 55 participants running for an hour on the server with no major lag issues.

This is actually a huge accomplishment as DCS has never really had missions run with so many participants and no lag issues so far, it's important to note that DCS still doesn't have a dedicated server which will probably push this limit even further (just think of the possibilities).

The campaign mission is running with more than 700 units and we will probably raise the limit for the campaign after we see the results of today's mission.

We would like to thank all the participating squadrons for joining and helping us with this initial step towards the official start of the campaign on the 23rd of October.

To all registered squadrons, please make sure to complete the registration on the ANON6 website towards the official start of the campaign.

<S> Xcom, Greg and BigGinger.

_20141012_234622.thumb.JPG.dd0d17dfb6c7a6f9f3568c29487f2f56.JPG

Edited by xcom

I'd like to report back here that so far on today's mission we have had 55 participants running for an hour on the server with no major lag issues.

This is actually a huge accomplishment as DCS has never really had missions run with so many participants and no lag issues so far, it's important to note that DCS still doesn't have a dedicated server which will probably push this limit even further (just think of the possibilities).

The campaign mission is running with more than 700 units and we will probably raise the limit for the campaign after we see the results of today's mission.

We would like to thank all the participating squadrons for joining and helping us with this initial step towards the official start of the campaign on the 23rd of October.

To all registered squadrons, please make sure to complete the registration on the ANON6 website towards the official start of the campaign.

<S> Xcom, Greg and BigGinger.

what happen to me and jar head in there? we flew in there for an hour looking for the no existent way points? 2 Hueys just flying around nothing to do...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

As we said before, this is a test run, there were bound to be some missing features.

As far as waypoints, in the campaign itself each squadron commander would be responsible for creating the waypoints for his squad using the mission planner.

what happen to me and jar head in there? we flew in there for an hour looking for the no existent way points? 2 Hueys just flying around nothing to do...

Hey.There will be waypoints in the campaign as Xcom said but it is up to the Squadron leaders to assign them through the Online mission planner.

For yesterday there was a note in the Mission briefing giving you some directions in order to find the Troops loading zone. You could also mark it with smoke throught the F10 Radio menu.

You had to land there and then load some troops in order to move them to the front. :smilewink:

The UH-1H & Mi-8 roles are important in the campaign as you are responsible of transporting reinforcements to the fronts in order to support the urban battle there.

Also you are rensponsible for the final stage of capturing an airbase by unloading troops there after a succesfull attack from the bombers.

Everything should get more clear through the 2 weeks that we have ahead and after the Squadron Commanders meeting.

I would also add, that in this campaign, you can`t come on a fly day and everyting is prepare for you.

You will need to join the http://anon6.com/ forums between the flight days to prepare yourself and also your wingman.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I guess you don't know, I'am ANON6, lol

and in the briefing it was not clear as to were to go, the way point went East and we read the briefing. 10km to the loading point we search an hour looking and then just gave up and left.

would of been nice to have ADF broadcasting then we could plug those in and find our way around.

I'm not frustrated or nothing, it was my only and first weekend off. in only 10 years. So yea kind of disapointed about the whole thing. I'm that 10% work force that doesn't get to play on weekends, like the other 90%.

So yea when I had a time where I could play a DCS Campaign I was really looking forward to it.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

There was a TV Tower and barracks there and you should get a smoke mark from the F10 Menu depending on the front you was operating.

The Ground Commander could also guide you there.

But no worries both sides will start getting a plan and clear all details until the 23rd.

Also the ADF will probable be there ;)

See you in the official start :thumbup: