Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server is full right now with as many Blue Hueys and Mi8s dropping SAMs and EWR etc. as there is actual red players, the setup and balance is slightly skewed. :D

I'm done playing, not only a historical imbalance if u look at red as traditional soviet and blue the west, but from a capabiliy standpoint its almost pointless. 3 hours of helo work that gets wiped on crash or reset kills the immersion as well. Hasnt been closely balanced since round began.

Thanx for the great work guys. Specially yesterday was awesome. Had the best time in the last couple of years. Thanx yarhead and lazyseal for the excellent guidance.

However; today red was outnumberd by 3:1. Maybe we can force maximum number of slots par example 35 par team or something? There were indeed more choppers than fighters. We couldn't even defend.

But once again. Great server!!

I'm done playing, not only a historical imbalance if u look at red as traditional soviet and blue the west, but from a capabiliy standpoint its almost pointless. 3 hours of helo work that gets wiped on crash or reset kills the immersion as well. Hasnt been closely balanced since round began.

Well last night was pretty special the balance was good I think.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Thanx for the great work guys. Specially yesterday was awesome. Had the best time in the last couple of years. Thanx yarhead and lazyseal for the excellent guidance.

However; today red was outnumberd by 3:1. Maybe we can force maximum number of slots par example 35 par team or something? There were indeed more choppers than fighters. We couldn't even defend.

But once again. Great server!!

Agree great server, but hopefully tweaks ahead for round six. The red that have shown have been tenacious, but bandaids on an amputation dont work. I'd like to see more persistance out've troop placement. Maybe add several hours to each round. Server resets really benefit team with superior #'s.

Is it not possible to limit number of players for each side to make it a little balanced? It does not make much sense to have mission running with 45 players on one side and 15 on the other. If blue hold long enough, they'll winn because of sheer numbers, while many red wanna-be players are just knocking on the door, not getting any slots to play...

Guys I just checked the live map, and I really need to bring this up again, as I think this is unfair and a very easy and quick fix for xcom:

Please Limit the amout of players per coalition to 30!

Right now there are 37 blue players, facing 18 red players!

Since the API allows us to do it, and the server limit is 60, i think it is a very good idea to restrict coalitions to max 30 players! Even if now only red team is joining, they will face a full server without the teams being in balance. A full server with 60 pleople should be balanced! This about the only situation where I think balance should be achieved, if 30 blue players join, but only 10 red, this is ok. But if 40 blue players have joined, and only 20 red can join, this is where things become unfair.

I would also be ok if blue-players get kicked if numBlueplayers > 30 and a red one joins, but that would be less easy to fix than just keeping tack of how many blueplayers (since you already keep track of players coalition) and check if it is 30.

cheers! :thumbup:

Guys I just checked the live map, and I really need to bring this up again, as I think this is unfair and a very easy and quick fix for xcom:

Please Limit the amout of players per coalition to 30!

Right now there are 37 blue players, facing 18 red players!

Since the API allows us to do it, and the server limit is 60, i think it is a very good idea to restrict coalitions to max 30 players! Even if now only red team is joining, they will face a full server without the teams being in balance. A full server with 60 pleople should be balanced! This about the only situation where I think balance should be achieved, if 30 blue players join, but only 10 red, this is ok. But if 40 blue players have joined, and only 20 red can join, this is where things become unfair.

I would also be ok if blue-players get kicked if numBlueplayers > 30 and a red one joins, but that would be less easy to fix than just keeping tack of how many blueplayers (since you already keep track of players coalition) and check if it is 30.

cheers! :thumbup:

But what about those awesome times when there are like no reds playing at all and we can just get 60 blues on to win in one server rotation?

HURR DURR Blue outnumbers red at some point in the day, please cap player amount. :doh:

You want balanced teams? Go play COD!

It's about fun, it's not fun when you have Red guys that can't get in the server because it is full whilst odds of 3-1 are steam rolling. Fun for the team with the majority in the server maybe but pretty pointless exercise for the other guys. He who can dare join the server first without making it crash shouldn't determine the balance of power.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback.

This setup has undergone considerable amount of testing, therefore we will not be doing changes in this round, but will gather your feedback for next rounds.

Have fun and remember, more players on the other side means more targets ;)

You want balanced teams? Go play COD!

Anyone requested balanced teams? I did not notice. All we'd like to see is ballanced number of players in the case there are more players willing to play than server capacity allows...

Would you find it funny playing 60 blue against nobody on the red side? Just being curious...

Anyone requested balanced teams? I did not notice. All we'd like to see is ballanced number of players in the case there are more players willing to play than server capacity allows...

Would you find it funny playing 60 blue against nobody on the red side? Just being curious...

Fun or funny? I'd find it funny, but not too much fun.

In any case, its felt pretty even in-game, checking the board right now shows its fairly balanced in terms of numbers. :thumbup:

Red seems a bit more coordinated than Blue, btw...So that might play into this somehow...

Balanced player count = Balanced teams, for me at least...Not sure how you think/thought of those terms. :)

Lord of Salt

Balanced player count = Balanced teams

That doesn't mean anything. Player quality and player coordination could play a huge count in this. 10 players with a good GCI guy will always defeat 20 unguided players.

Red have been nicely outnumbered all day long, have lost a couple of airfield, still managed to cap Gauduta and Sukhumi.

Balanced player count = Balanced teams, for me at least...Not sure how you think/thought of those terms. :)

Boston was playing LA a few days ago, and Bruins lost 2:9. I was watching the game and honestly, those two teams did not seem to me to be "balanced" at all. And yet they were playing (mostly) with balanced player count.

You got the picture now? Two teams in DCS can be balanced even if one is outnumbered 1:2 (if one of the team has less players with considerably higher skill). That's why nobody is asking for "balanced teams". Just "comparable" number of slots for players...

Server just went down.

Just restarting now!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord