Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

^^ bare in mind that the TFCED engine in MILITARY..

and anyway the code is probably in Russian anyway...:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

:helpsmilie::joystick::pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and anyway the code is probably in Russian anyway...:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Confirmed. :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

When DCS was born, you said it would create "a platform" on which to purchase different airplane models, and that all would be compatible with each other regardless of the model to have.
Regardless of the financial aspect, I'm concerned about the apparent lack of separation between "DCS engine" and "DCS flyable". Instead of a modular approach (module = flyable, terrain ...) it seems like a forked development. If this is the case then future maintenance ("compatibility patches/upgrades") could slow down the progress of the DCS series noticeably.

* puts on the flame-resistant suit * ;)

Yet millions pay for old maps on FPS games on console/pc that they already had paid for on a previous version of the game. Sure paying for anything sucks in general but someone has to do the work and someone needs to pay for that work to happen. It's simple, you have the choice to pay to be entertained or move on. If it's such a bad business model, then no company would be turning a profit or producing anything for that matter.

Even though I have not touched the shark in awhile. This is good news for those who do. Extending my gaming experiencing by enjoying A10c with along with my fellow shark friends. I'd pay $20 just to ensure that I am able to enjoy those times. Hell I spend more at the bar doing so.

I purchased BS2 upgrade because I have BS1

no joy... no instal because error * DCS Black Shark must be installed* ....

This is not acceptable...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80914

Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully that will help you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I purchased BS2 upgrade because I have BS1

no joy... no instal because error * DCS Black Shark must be installed* ....

This is not acceptable...

It is a glitch in the Upgrade Patch installer, hopefully there is a fix soon. In the mean time the work around is to install BS1 v1.0 and then the Upgrade Patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Nate

OK for example how would a mod team add dynamic shadows to the cockpit?

Nate

Is it your biggest problem on a flight sim? I played all of FC and DCS series for years without this. Not a big loose.

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

Is it your biggest problem on a flight sim? I played all of FC and DCS series for years without this. Not a big loose.

OK that's just about far enough: Your discontent has been noted - time to move on ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

This would be true if software development were done with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. It isn't. :)
The bulk of the code for those features must have been reused. The amount of additional work to make that additional/reworked code from DCS-A10 work in DCS-BS is another story (forked development?). This brings me back to the point of modular design (from a technical point of view, not commercial). I hope ED work it out succesfully.

Do i need to d/l all the 4 files? How does it work? :music_whistling:

Patch or full install?

Patch - see Quirk's post #4: He explains it well.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80914

Full install - run the .exe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do i need to d/l all the 4 files? How does it work? :music_whistling:

Yes, to the same folder. Then execute the setup.exe.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For everyone complaining about the extra upgrade cost. It's perfectly reasonable to charge for that amount of additional work.

Look at Blizzard as an example. Or any company that creates downloadable content. THEY ALL cost money. Some just add new campaigns, some just add new maps, some just add new weapons. This upgrade adds compatibility, more map area, better graphics, and a TON of tweaks. And for $20 (I'm assuming everyone complaining owns BS1) it's a steal compared to how much you play. I've paid for all ED's products, and still I've managed to blow more money in one night on coronas. ED has given me hours upon hours of entertainment. I for one, paid $14 A MONTH! for WoW, and I'll be paying monthly (at least for a while) for StarWars: Old Republic.

We're trying to keep this simulation genre going, and if it's paying $20 for some great downloadable content, that's the least I can do.

• Like 1

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Yay finally Wait, is the installer bugged? Shoot I just started downloading the torrent before I left for work. lame

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

A-10C patch to allow the two titles to work online together SHOULD be out next week.

Outstanding, talk about death from above, poor ground pounders don't stand a chance. This is great news, can't wait!

Prices relations belong to endless discussions. For GB\US\German or whatever old West citizen 20 USD is nothing. For Chech, Romanian 20 bucks mean much more. We must glance at one price from two sides.

But this is electronic market, Windows - as far I know - is priced everywhere almost same. Brutal life, just that ;]

It's not ED's fault that communism wrecked east europe's standard of living... And 20 bucks is worthless, compared to hardware you need to run this. I wonder if ED earns a share from sold TM warthogs...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yay finally Wait, is the installer bugged? Shoot I just started downloading the torrent before I left for work. lame

There is a workaround.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1317962&postcount=4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

We're trying to keep this simulation genre going, and if it's paying $20 for some great downloadable content, that's the least I can do.

How about the exchange rate for other countries??

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

No - it is not bugged. It merely demands a BS1.0 install as opposed to a BS 1.02 install.

An inconvenience?

Yes

An honest error/oversight?

Yes

Possible fix being investigated?

Yes

Now if the above is not good enough for some who elect to pounce on any minor error and inconvenience with great gusto and glee in an attempt to ridicule, think very carefully before hitting the 'Submit Reply' tab. It has been addressed - move along or wait for a fix, if applicable.

To All:

**Just please for the sake of our sanity quit moaning - we are well aware of the issue**

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I own Star Wars on VHS, DVD and now on Blueray. Each time it looks better and sounds better. I will by it again on the next new format.

I don't treat the DCS modules as a game that is picked up played and then dumped for the next flashy thing. This is a serious hobby that takes up serious amount of time. I haven't spent over 500 quid on controllers and built furniture from scratch to hold them for any other games.

Remember that Modern Warfare 3 is just going to be a redone better looking version of MW2 and it will cost a lot more then 20 bucks to buy.

Just my two pence.