How can I change text size?

Fakum

I am runnung a 30" monitor at 2560 x 1600 and found the text that comes up is way to small for me to see. I managed to find the "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel".lua and I was able to edit the font sizes so I can now see the radio commands. Where can I find the other lines such as text chat and notices for kills etc so I can edit the font sizes larger? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ehhh,, try one more time,, Bueller?? Bueller?? Anybody,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yes ,,, lol

Hey. I had the same problem except I have to run crappy graphics so I couldn't see the HUD.

Here's a link to a .lua that has three different hud sizes.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/374967/

Creds goes to the guy who made it.

EDIT:

Shit sorry. I'm a dumb ass that can't read properly. Sorry can't help you, but left the link incase you find it useful.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Thanks, yeah, I found that before and yes, it was useful for the HUD,,, shucks,, thought I had a bite,,, thanks anyway

• 4 weeks later...
I am runnung a 30" monitor at 2560 x 1600 and found the text that comes up is way to small for me to see. I managed to find the "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel".lua and I was able to edit the font sizes so I can now see the radio commands. Where can I find the other lines such as text chat and notices for kills etc so I can edit the font sizes larger? Thanks

Im still looking for some advise, thanks

Ok,, I have to admit, I thought this would have received some effective responses by now,, I'm really surprised no one knows where this can be done, yet the radio commands text has been discussed and resolved. I simply can not see the text chat in multiplayer to the point I can read it effectively. I literally have to move my head up to the screen and squint. As you could imagine, this gets old quick,,,

I simply can not see the text chat in multiplayer to the point I can read it effectively. I literally have to move my head up to the screen and squint. As you could imagine, this gets old quick,,,

And then there's the fact that the blue or red text is just shown over background, making it totally unreadable unless you look in a direction where there's a suitable background.

Yeah, it's really annoying and I want a solution for that myself. But it's a general DCS World problem and not tied to the A-10C module.

• 2 months later...

in game messages unreadable

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to make the in game messages readable.

(All the messages that pops in the campaign for instance)

I want to remove the transparent background and make it plain and augment the font size.

Any idea where I could find the right LUA file to apply those changes in all aircrafts ?

Regards

K.

Here , why dont you try this thread I started,,, I gave up asking this question months ago,,, since it is the same topic,,, please feel free to give it a bump,,,, I still cant read the messages,,,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129731

fingers crossed,, hope you get a response for the both of us,,,

I have the same problem in night missions with black text ATC. Don't know how to resolve that.

Anyone has an idea ?

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals