TAD, TGP and SPI problem?

xoxen

Hi Folks,

when I did my last multiplayer flights (did not fly single Player since long time ago) I realized that the SPI given by my mate was not located where he was pointing to. The red triangle appeared on my TAD and when hooking it up, making it my SPI and finally slew the TGP on it there was nothing, no target at all. I saw my mate flying around somewhere else and his Explanation of the Point he sent to me was very much different. So I wonder if this is a bug or if I did something wrong.

Additionally when slewing the TGP to the SPI (waypoint as well) at the last two flights the TGP slew to a point but was not fixed at the ground at that specific point. Instead of that it moved slightly into the direction I was heading to. When moving it with the ministick it was fixed at the ground again. Strange.

Maybe I changed a setting by accident which I have to switch back but I´m not aware of any change I did.

Maybe someone has something similar and can help. I need to re-check within the next days to see if the problem is till there but was wondering if I´m the only one (my problem) or if it is a general problem (bug).

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Sounds as if the SPI your friend had were not located on the ground but somewhere above. Depending on his slant angle that point he saw on the ground "trough" the point over the ground (his actual SPI) could be quite far apart from the actual SPI. And when you were somewhere else, your slant angle and slant direction was different from your friend's, then you saw a totally different point on the ground while looking "through" the shared SPI.

Sounds as if the SPI your friend had were not located on the ground but somewhere above. Depending on his slant angle that point he saw on the ground "trough" the point over the ground ......

This really makes sense to me. Will have a detailed look on this, many thanks so far. The next MP flight will be by end of next week or so, so my answer comes afterwards.

Reading your post somthing came back to my mind. You seem to be right as the TGP was not moving with my flight path but opposite.

Same here! Looks like a bug. Although already here since 1.2.9

All of my mentioned points or only one specific? Mine happened with 1.2.10 only.

Xoxen

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

The target sent is usually a bit off of the coordinates intended. If there is a bigger error, flagrums explanation or a bug seem to be the best possibilities. I did not notice this behaviour, so I'd guess there is no bug in general. Does broadcasting the SPI work for you?

If everything else fails you could manually input the coordinates of the target.

A bug as old as the game unfortunately. Elevation data in datalinked points is inaccurate.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2023494#post2023494

Work around: drop a markpoint on top of the red triangle and slew to that.

• Like 1
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Does broadcasting the SPI work for you?

When I remember right I was able to see his SPI when he broadcasted it. And when I remember right as well this one was accurate. Will check next week during the next MP flight.

Tonight I will try to make a short flight to check the other things and will post the outcome.

Thanks again.

Xoxen

Hello, I came here looking for a solution to this problem I had last night also. Thanks Kaiza.

There's definitely elevation getting added to certain SPI's but i'm not even sure this doesn't occasionally apply to Laser spot searching too as I picked up a laser moving around, as if elevated, last night. Several tries moving closer resolved it.

I'm supporting a wish for this to be resolved please.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

IMHO the spot moving aroung during LSS has to do with the laser energy and the distance to the spot.

I have noticed that if aircraft lasing and aircraft searching are more than app. 8nm from the target, searching pod tends to drift. Once the aircrafts are within app. 8nm then the spot becomes solid and on target.

I originally noticed this when using laser for target elevation. When lasing for elevation beyond 10nm the elevation of target is same as terrain, lets say 29ft. When closing in to app. 9nm the elevation jumps up 800ft and starts to decrease. Then at app. 8nm the elevation becomes steady at e.g. 34ft.

I guess both are linket to the effective range of the laser. Here is a link on the effective range of the laser; http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1993147&postcount=62

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo
Found link to laser range

Tonight I will try to make a short flight to check the other things and will post the outcome.....

Xoxen

Now I did at least a SP flight and everything worked like it should in regards to the TGP and the SPI. So I really believe the waypoints (SPIs) were somewhere in the air when I did my MP flight.

Regarding the TAD and getting the SPI from my mate I will wait for the next MP flight to verify. I will post the outcome as well. Flight should be thurstday evening or so.

Have a great evening,

Roland

Update: during the MP flight we worked with brodcasting the SPI which worked like charm. I saw it on my TAD at the correct Position. Sending it wasn´t what we have tested because of SAMs spotting us. It got lost in the heat of fire and finally the time ran away.

Edited by xoxen