Getting a Stryker MGS to shoot ?

Wrecking Crew

Hi,

I have some groups that lead with a Bradley and have 6 or so Stryker MGS units -- the Stryker with the cannon.

How to get these Strykers to shoot from a Tactical Commander's command? I target points that are far enough out so that it shouldn't be a question of in/out of range, and I can join in to the Stryker and shoot from the turret manually. But I cannot get the Strykers in the group to shoot using the Add Target method. I have no problems getting MLRS groups to shoot -- but those groups lead with an MLRS unit...

Any ideas?

attachment.php?attachmentid=120797&stc=1&d=1440514326

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I got ONE of the Strykers to shoot from the Attack Target button. But then it rested its cannon and no more action came from the group.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Stryker MGS are NOT artillery systems. They are wheeled tank destroyers/assault guns for direct fire support. It's intend is to provide the US Army's Striker Brigade Combat Teams (SBCT) with greater firepower while still beeing a fast and lightweight vehicle based on the same modular chassis as the rest of the SBCT.

The artillery variant of the Stryker would be the Stryker Mortar Carrier with a 120mm mortar, which is not available in DCS though, if I'm correct.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well then, IMO the Stryker MGS should be parked next to any Sgt. Yorks that might still be left. The regular Stryker isn't much better with its little machine gun, only the ATGM variant seems able to get any combat job done... They get beaten so easily by BMP1s & -2s.

WC

:smartass: