New PC and DCS

IvanK

Just setting up a new PC. WRT DCS I presume even though its a completely different PC I need to deactivate all the modules on the original PC ?

If so is all that is required to untick them in module Manager or do I have to run the protect.exe for each module ?

I then download all the modules again and reinstall on the new PC. Do I need to manually activate each module by typing in the key ? or will DCS recognise my previous install keys.

If I want to transfer all my unique keybindings etc what files/folders do I need to back up ?

• ED Team

Hi IvanK,

go to each of the aircrafts bin folder and click the protect.exe then follow the deactivate instructions.

example

C:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\bin

you will need to reactivate on the new pc.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Groan started the process ....most deactivated just fine. BF109K,MIG21,C101 wouldnt

BF109K ... error message saying I cant deactivate it (says my licence doesnt support deactivation or the number has run out etc) .... Only ever installed it once ! .... I think I got this as freebie for supporting DCS WWII Kickstarter)

Deactiverror_zpsfuujs3fx.jpg

Same with CASA C101

Same with MIG21 (got this as Kick starter supporter when the project started)

SU25T and TF51 dont have protect.exe ... I guess because they are free ?

Edited by IvanK

I am about to change pc aswell but I do keep the same user account.

I think I saw something about the number of license being reset to 10 each months.

Should I then anyway start deactivating all licences manually before changing my PC ?