Thinking of selling G940 setup

So as the title states I am thinking about selling my Logitech G940 setup and going possibly with the X-55 Rhino from Saitek. I love the look of that stick and throttle but not sure if I would miss my rudder pedals. I know I can always go back and get a set from Saitek but they run about as much as the Rhino set, so it would be a while.

Anyone have a lot of experience with the Rhino? What are your thoughts on it compared to the X52 or even the G940?

Thanks

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Google some reviews. the ones I saw state that the button layout on the stick are not well thought through... Like buttons blocking eachother. Say you want to use the upper hat, the hat below that is in the way... This is compared to the Thrustmaster Hotas which is a bit more expensive..

I would say try and get your hands on a display model and fiddle with it a bit. Its too much money in my opinion to come to the conclusion it sucks when you already payed for it.

Edit: Also I didnt sell my G940. I use the stick primarily for helos and WWII crates in combination with the thrustmaster warthog throttle. For all other planes I use both the Joystick and Throttle from Thrustmaster warthog.

My G940 Throttle is broken beyond repair and I exchanged the rudder pedals for a more precise on. The MFG Crosswind.

Edited by kingpinda

Wow those are some nice pedals, I wouldn't be able purchase those lol. Unfortunately, where I live we have a Best Buy and some Walmarts and I have never seen any out on the floor to test with. I may be going to Indianapolis next month and maybe can find a store there that would have some to test with. Would love to get a Warthog but I wouldn't have enough money to put with selling my G940 to get one of those. Who knows, maybe I should just wait then.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

I've been using the x55 for better than a year. Started with the Eagle, loved it. Moved to the A10, love it. It's a great all round hotas and bang for your buck awesomeness. There have been a few issues driver wise but once that's done I've seen no problems with configuration, hardware or software.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I have been offered 250 for the G940, just don't know if I want to yet. I do love the joystick and button layout on the G940 but love the look of the X55 more so.

Stay with the G940, it has it´s few headaches, but it is a great joystik for DCS.

As it work well with all the modules because the layout of the controlls, the joystick and throttle axis are great for trim, lights, radar scan and so. Its is so easy to mimic the real controller with almost all the modules.

FFB is a must for the propeller planes and a nice thing with the modern ones for the stall feeling for example

I´m happy with it, so keep using it would be my advice.

So as the title states I am thinking about selling my Logitech G940 setup and going possibly with the X-55 Rhino from Saitek. I love the look of that stick and throttle but not sure if I would miss my rudder pedals. I know I can always go back and get a set from Saitek but they run about as much as the Rhino set, so it would be a while.

Anyone have a lot of experience with the Rhino? What are your thoughts on it compared to the X52 or even the G940?

Thanks

I had the x55, and I`m back to the x52pro. From my experience the x55 is not worth the effort, at all.

I would try it if you don't have to have the wathog. I find the X -55 works very well for me.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Well another thing is that I have been playing a ton of Star Citizen as well. I am just wondering if it performs better. I have ordered a potentiometer for the X52 once it gets here I can test with it to see if it performs better than the G940 in that regard at least.

Never had a G940 but I used the X-52 Pro for about 8 years before switching to an X-55 (the X-52 Pro never wore out btw). I'm also using CH pedals that I bought shortly after the X-55. In any case, I haven't had any issues of note with either setup. Both are of excellent quality I find. With that said, the X-52 Pro is much more ergonomic. Every single button/hat on it except the ones on the stick base are easy to reach. It's really a great HOTAS imho. The only problem is it falls short on buttons for the MiG-21 and especially the A-10C. Hence my switch to the X-55.

The X-55 is well built from my experience with it, but the ergonomics fall short of the X-52 Pro. Some buttons/hats aren't accessible without completely shifting my grip. The stick itself is simply too large, it should have been shorter and had the head piece the hats are on recessed. It wouldn't have cost Saitek a thing to do that. But they didn't, and so it is universally complained about. With some getting used to, everything on the stick can be reached fluidly and without hassle. It just takes a bit of muscle memory that the X-52 Pro doesn't require.

The throttle is the selling point of the X-55. It's a unit loved by all, even the TM WH snobs. My only complaint is that like the stick, it's just a little bit too big. Despite that, I can reach everything on it except the mouse nipple. Since mouse nipples on joysticks are useless anyways, it's no real loss.

In terms of precision, both are limited only by the precision of the user. That said, the twist on the X-55 leaves something to be desired. It isn't inaccurate from a hardware standpoint, it's just harder to grip the stick, push buttons and twist at the same time than it is with the X-52 Pro. It goes back to the stick simply being too long. I'd been considering getting pedals before getting the X-55, but the poor twist on it finally made me do it instead of putting it off another 10 years.

Edit: The X/Y axis on the X-52 are not pots, they are hall sensors. The same is true of the X-55. The other axis are pots and have the standard pot 1% jitter straight out of the box. It doesn't get worse with age from what I can tell. My old X-52 Pro isn't any less accurate now than it was when I bought it. A little deadzone or averaging fixes it easily. The CH pedals I have aren't any different btw. And their quality is beyond question even if they do look like they were made for 3 year olds.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Yeah I know the X/Y are not pots its the twist that uses the potentiometer. Amazon has cancelled my order because the reseller couldn't fulfill it :( will have to find somewhere else to get one.

Thanks

I hae both.....and did this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145293

1431914537_20150721_1558571.thumb.jpg.8744bf4926ded5b22079869414ccd824.jpg

865940902_20150721_1723171.thumb.jpg.0d270cf8c5b4b27524ebd9f413f7db49.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So was messing around on Ebay and did a search for the G940 under sold listings and used ones are going for like 360-390....wth. I could buy a Warthog if I sold this, wouldn't have pedals yet but could get those for Christmas!!!