DCS World environmental shaders mod

Updated first post, corrected a small problem with cirrus cloud scale.

Thanks for this Mustang, it looks great.

I note however that it conflicts with PeterP's "HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS WORLD" which fixes the annoying flashing white squares with my ATI HD6950, so I have to use that.

It seems it's just the hdr.fx file that both mods alter (as does your Sky and Terrain mod) so perhaps you could co-ordinate with PeterP and see if it's possible to make it so that we can use both mods together?

for now if you like I could create a 2nd smaller version that doesn't clash with PeterP's work, would that be ok for the time being? (it's late here so I could get around to making that tomorrow)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for now if you like I could create a 2nd smaller version that doesn't clash with PeterP's work, would that be ok for the time being? (it's late here so I could get around to making that tomorrow)

That would be great, thanks

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Check first post, uploaded additional smaller package that modifies only clouds and sky shaders.

Nice, thanks :thumbup:

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the cirrus to start rendering, other times it'll appear as soon as you start a mission just give it time :)

Roger that, thanks.

Mr Berkyt i feel like a broken record :D just give it 5-6 minutes and the cirrus will appear, there is a delay/blue skies period in the rendering process.

edit: a good example, goto mission editor and immediately start a blank mission, goto F11 and look up and you'll see no cirrus - now fast forward time to around 6-7 minutes and you'll slowly see the clouds appear, and after this the cirrus show for quite a long time :)

Oh and also, you may find that when you join an online session the cirrus may appear as soon as you're in, it seems to synchronize with whatever time of day the mission is running at so it varies.

Edited by Mustang

wow mustang great job on the cirrus clouds and now they look way better than before.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

there seems to be an error in the FOV and FPS view in the DCS World. see if you can spot what I'm talking about.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

there seems to be an error in the FOV and FPS view in the DCS World. see if you can spot what I'm talking about.

Could be because the FOV in the pit is different to the one used in external view? so naturally theres going to be some difference, look how far the mountains are in the pit compared to the outside view.

so there's a big difference, in FOV so how are we supposed to no actually know the true scale?

its all about the scale and if its that way off then there some serious problems in CA with that.

thanks Mustang for your work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

so there's a big difference, in FOV so how are we supposed to no actually know the true scale?

its all about the scale and if its that way off then there some serious problems in CA with that.

You can change the external camera FOV by matching your cockpit view by RCtrl+Numpad* - RCtrl+Numpad/ and/or you can set a different default FOV for the external cam by editing the ..\DCS World\Config\View\View.lua in line #40:

ExternalViewAngleDefault = 60.0

More info about the relation of the used in-game FOV, your monitor ,head-position and the stretched sides >>>

BTW:

Thank you very much Mustang !

It's so nice while flying through valleys in the morning.

Screen_130919_214605_zps20ad4264.jpg

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback fellas, i have made one minor update today - i've made a small increase in cloud luminance (cldDraw.fx) so they don't appear so dark/grey at times.

edit: the skies around where i live today look alot like the mod, some of the inspiration :D

Sem088Q.jpg

cYnv8Zk.jpg

Edited by Mustang

I shouldn't have to post this but I know they're real NRG, that was irony.. and a reference to a post someone made about one of my mods where I showed screenshots and someone thought they were real...

now, back to los santos...

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060