add naval units?

Ripcord

I tried it once on my test carefer with the 33. The take off is scripted and went up the invisible ramp, for the cat planes I don't know. Probably hard coded somewhere..

Wish ED could / would help us on the navel side of the game ( as well as the aircraft side)..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

hi gents,

nice to see some folks like ships as well :)

would there be any chance that someone adds a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship into DCS?

would be realy cool ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

hi gents,

nice to see some folks like ships as well :)

would there be any chance that someone adds a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship into DCS?

would be realy cool ;)

regards,

RR

I have a tarawa class on my HDD that needs/getting some love.:pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

that would be great joey :)

have you already tested if multiple spawn locations work?

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I have a tarawa class on my HDD that needs/getting some love.:pilotfly:

Tarawa-class amphibious assault ship, like this? :music_whistling:

This model I did a year ago. I never finished because I could not do animations.

I think to complete it before long, and then I'll make it public.

fffpDsGl.jpg

ftt8QYNl.jpg

EQe139Al.jpg

very nice model mate, i like it!

any chance to get it before you finish animations?

i would love to build some missions with it, especialy while waiting for other aircraft releases! ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

Terry Pratchett

Looks like Markindel has one already... no need for me to do mine...

I'll go back to updating my other ones...

About spawn points on ship...is define in lua file with landing_point,but.....problem is in mission editor we are only one option(AUTO). I think we need if ED change mission editor for more spawn points....its the same if you start from airfield and you can change parking position where you spawn your plane. Or is other(better)way....early year i create new land for FC2 with airfield....i know in airfield 3d model i see dummy for spawn points(but I do not remember exactly how to name). And here i see future naval operation...landing point for plane on catapult (engine run) and other for plane but wihtout engine.......What you think...??? :)

• 2 weeks later...
So far as it is described here, this mod adds the new ship as available to all countries, just like the armed speedboat. In order to limit the ship to specific countries, it would require us to edit other existing files.

Hi All,

Like i said there is a way to do it.

Open the objectname.lua file:

Add these lines to it:-For United States in that case-

GT.Countries = { "USA",};

Some countries won't accept their own abreviations (e.g. for Norway you have to write "Norway" it won't accept "NOR") so trial and error i'd say..

You must enter the code above before add_surface_unit(GT) entry..

Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the resurrection but since this thread seems to be the closest to a reference for adding ships to the game as a mod I feel I should add some recent news. While helping markindel test out some mod aircraft I discovered that ships (all so far tested that is) introduced by the mod/tech method are not regarded by the AI as a valid shipping strike target. That is, if you pick a stock or modded aircraft with the anti shipping role, arm it appropriately and give it a waypoint action of Attack Group or Attack Unit the aircraft will ignore the designated mod ship target completely. In fact if a stock DCS world ship is nearby then the AI aircraft will attack that in preference to the designated target. I am guessing this is because of the default anti shipping role characteristics. This implies that the ship introduced through a mod is not regarded as a valid ship from DCS Worlds point of view. This has been confirmed by at least two independent tests by other forum users. For what it is worth I have an unconfirmed hunch that it is because the mod ships are not listed in db_units_ships.lua

Edited by Stonehouse