Tweak shadow strength

Nooch

Hi there, I've been wanting to make a tweak that decreases the strength of shadows because I find them too pronounced for my taste in the current DCS 1.5/2.0. I thought there is certainly a lua line somewhere that allows to change it. I'm not sure though. Do any of you guys know where to look?

Thanks! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=108561&d=1417708206

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks! It definitely put me on the right track but I'm still unsure on where exactly I can find what I'm looking for. I'm also going to tone down the in-cockpit shadows for a more comfortable experience, because right now I find them much too dark

10856763_749147208505253_6329827708501634912_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you using Reshade? If so you can change the contrast curves etc a bit to help. I found that problem too with the Mirage and adjusted my Reshade profile to resolve the issue without making the rest of the game look washed out on my monitor and settings

No I've never used Reshade, in fact I tend to avoid using extra software for this kind of stuff. But I guess it's worth taking a look. I see on their main page, there is both a donwload link for reshade and sweetfx. I often see people here using sweetfx. Which one should I get?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry didn't notice you asked a question in your reply. I think reshade is what people are using at the present time. That's the one I use anyway, it actually looks like it has origins in sweetfx anyway, so perhaps it is an upgrade to sweetfx.