DCS WWII: Europe 1944

I have countless of hours with IL2: sturmovik, organizing LAN/BYOC games every two weeks on that specific game.

Even thus i wasn't satisfied at all with Cliffs of Dover, I think that ED + the former guys from Maddox Games will be awesome. Will support it !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of what was said.....

This is turning into the flight simulator I always dreamed off.

Cowboy10uk

Well said.... And it's not just you that's dreaming..:joystick:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Not quite so simple, jet engine thrust depends on plenty of parameters, but less human interaction.

Ignoring all that, the systems can be complex, but it's really disingenuous to say that this makes WW2 aircraft somehow easy to model. WW2 aircraft also had complex systems on-board, such as the gun sights.

MFD-driven systems on the other hand might be relatively easy to code up, the big deal there is mostly in the sheer volume thereof.

Maybe for a jet a bit "cheating" might be possible - like, a jet engine just gives thrust from 0-100 %, depending on the throttle setting. fullstop. Where a piston engine might be modelled a bit more detailed ... like in the P-51 where the engine performance depends on a few more variables.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Echo38 Ahh the 50call debate I remember it well a lot of rabid comments from both sides of the arguments. I think it should go down in Flt Sim History :) It wasn't Ubi who intervened per see but a bunch of people working quietly in the background sifting through the diatribe taking on board the intelligent posts and sourcing accurate and independent documentation that saw it fixed.

For the record this was the situation on 27 Sep 2009. A static test with Gun Harmonisation at 305m/1000ft. Target screen at 1000ft range

50calldisp2.jpg

As I recall the Specs in the US gunnery manual for a single 50call are standard dispersion is 4mill for 75% of the rounds and 8mill for 100% of the rounds in a static firing test

The K14 Fixed Reticle is 70mills diameter by design (and verified separately by wingspan comparison)

The image above shows the impacts from a quick burst with The target wall at 1000foot range.

100% dispersion is measured at 6 mills on impact flash diameter. !!

And a valid source document which shows 6Ft total dispersion at 1200ft and 9ft dispersion at 1500ft the harmonisation range:

P51patternharm_zpsdf4ecb9d.jpg

Edited by IvanK

This is turning into the flight simulator I always dreamed off.

This has been my point in pretty much every post I've made on the forum. Just look forward even as soon as 1-2 years and DCS: World is going to be absolutely incredible in scope and stability.

We're just going through a rough patch at the moment with Eagle Dynamics merging several products into one comprehensive world. Kudos to them for taking this step, as merging several projects from a coding standpoint is usually the most hellish of nightmares. Doing it while at the same time updating and upgrading it for the future is an incredible feat for any company.

:thumbup:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Good grief. Really? I thought we just went over this. Again. Less than two dozen posts ago.

Agreed, while I can understand not seeing a post in the middle of a large thread, like you said we just went over this. Not to mention that it doesn't take seeing the argument to know that concerns like that have no basis in reality. We have ONE WWII aircraft currently released in DCS vs how many modern aircraft at the moment? Out of all the aircraft currently being worked on by ED and third parties, only ONE of them is a WWII aircraft. When we have more WWII aircraft released than modern aircraft then these guys might have something to worry about.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I only picked up DCS to try out the P-51. Now I find this news, although I missed it at the time. Fantastic!

I just read through the entire thread, and one kinda important detail I didn't see mentioned anywhere. Following the collapse of Maddox Games and the abandonment of Cliffs of Dover, do we know exactly who owns the rights to all that work on the Spitfire, bf-109, Hurricane, Stuka etc.? Is there any chance of RRG Studios taking those same models and upgrading them to DCS standards?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

3 more days :bounce:

sign-pic4.jpg

The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

3 more days :bounce:

Could be any day now, but yeah I share your excitement! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Could be any day now, but yeah I share your excitement! :)

How can it be 'any' day now. September first is going to come at a specific moment, aside from time zones, it is not a variable. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How can it be 'any' day now. September first is going to come at a specific moment, aside from time zones, it is not a variable. ;)

will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013

OOPSIE!!! :music_whistling: :pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team

If I had to guess, I would imagine it would happen sometime between Aug 31st and Sept 2nd... but that is just a guess...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The average DCS user's keyboard the day after the announcement:

4876654485780_f5.jpg

There is a simple solution :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1852011#post1852011