OPERATION SUMMER RAIN - MULTIPLAYER DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

gregzagk

Is it possible to have all the modules to be cold started? ie. A10C pilots often have their own checklist/flow to start-up the plane and the hot plane might not have all the switches in right places. Such as HUD setup.

Yes it should be like this. More on the final details that we will announce asap.

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Great! :)

On the other note: we didn't experience any lag, which was nice.

yes with that amount of planes flying I did not experience and lag.. :thumbup:

was hiccups but nothing major.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Mastiff complaint is good one. The smoke script does not always work. But you can still pickup the troops if you land near the barracks and radio tower. I apologize to the huey pilots for not giving you a proper brief and where to pick troops. The waypoints did get edited and I am not 100% sure if they lined up with the pick up zone.

I will be prepared for the real campaign to make sure the huey pilots understand clearly where to fly from - pickup and drop troops.

Cheers, ANON6_BigGinger

Edited by 71st_AH_Scooter

There as a complaint that some warehouses could not destroyed at Sochi - Greg assured me they would be destroyed based on last mission results - Perhaps the pilots bombed a burnt out warehouse?

Any clarity on this issues would be much appreciated for our admins.

ANON6_BigGinger

Hey the bombs that are effective to the warehouses as they are ammo depots are the GBU-31 & 10. Also the heavy penetrated Russian bombs.

The others won't harm them :)

Mastiff complaint is good one. The smoke script does not always work. But you can still pickup the troops if you land near the barracks and radio tower. I apologize to the huey pilots for not giving you a proper brief and where to pick troops. The waypoints did get edited and I am not 100% sure if they lined up with the pick up zone.

I will be prepared for the real campaign to make sure the huey pilots understand clearly where to fly from - pickup and drop troops.

Cheers, ANON6_BigGinger

This is not entirely correct, the smoke script works with no issues.

We have tested it and there hasn't been a problem.

My guess is that the wrong loading zone smoke was requested.

Let's finish this saga here, as this was a test run, there were some features that have not been done to the full extent, such as a briefing and waypoints.

In the official campaign, each squad would be responsible for itself.

Thank you for the feedback Mastiff and BigGinger.

It was a great time, had a blast..... can't wait for the real deal. It keeps getting better.

Stiff, you could get lost in your bathroom LOL!

P.S. For all the pilots who participated if you have any feedback (good/bad) it would be great to address them to the people setting up the campaign or please feel free to use the ANON6 forums.

http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/13804678/viewforum/4298724

Edited by Injerin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TACVIEW of the last stress test mission : http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/ACMI/Summer_Rain_Mini_Campaign_Mission_5.acmi

Stats of the last stress test mission : http://foinikas.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=1173

The stats will have a diffenent format during the Official Campaign.

Enjoy :thumbup:

As we are getting closer to the official start of the Campaign we selected the teams.

Blue Side :

IAF

ANON6

UOAF

ESCUADRON 69

Suomi Finland

Red Side :

373vFS

=UVP=

SVK

NOB

=UVAF=

Next step :

Squadron Commanders will be asked to select their airbase of Operations .

Stay tuned! :)

It was a great time, had a blast..... can't wait for the real deal. It keeps getting better.

Stiff, you could get lost in your bathroom LOL!

P.S. For all the pilots who participated if you have any feedback (good/bad) it would be great to address them to the people setting up the campaign or please feel free to use the ANON6 forums.

http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/13804678/viewforum/4298724

This is a copy-paste from Anon6, About OSR page:

"AIR TO AIR WAR

In order to provide more intensive air to air fights it is decided to use only the following air to air missiles during the campaign. Available Air to Air Missiles : R-60M / R-73 / AIM-9M / AIM-9P / AIM-7 / R-27R"

As we have demonstrated in the sunday test mission, R-60M can't hit accurately, doesn't have even AIM-9M range and that is a pity, because MiG is useless that way, I mean, F-15Cs just swipe us away from the sky. If F-15Cs get to carry sparrows, then MiG-21s just got to have R-3R (weaker and less maneuverable than AIM-7s), R-3S and R-13 (both - about the same characteristics as AIM-9 I think) rockets to even try to battle any other fighter out there...

And MiG-21Bis is just too damn good of a module to be degraded like this...! :joystick:

Can something be done about this?

Greg?:thumbsup:

"AIR TO AIR WAR

In order to provide more intensive air to air fights it is decided to use only the following air to air missiles during the campaign. Available Air to Air Missiles : R-60M / R-73 / AIM-9M / AIM-9P / AIM-7 / R-27R"

As we have demonstrated in the sunday test mission, R-60M can't hit accurately, doesn't have even AIM-9M range and that is a pity, because MiG is useless that way, I mean, F-15Cs just swipe us away from the sky. If F-15Cs get to carry sparrows, then MiG-21s just got to have R-3R (weaker and less maneuverable than AIM-7s), R-3S and R-13 (both - about the same characteristics as AIM-9 I think) rockets to even try to battle any other fighter out there...

And MiG-21Bis is just too damn good of a module to be degraded like this...! :joystick:

Pick on the A-10's :P J/king I have so many problems with the AIM-7 myself. Most of my kills are due to the AIM-9 if I can get close enough :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"AIR TO AIR WAR

They are available and they were also in the test runs.The SOP has just to be updated as the MiG was not out yet when the SOP was published. :smilewink:

The MiG-21bis is available for both sides, so this really isn't an issue.

The blue MiG 21s will be "swiped away" by Su-27s armed with off-boresite capable R-73s just as easily (if not more) then what you explain that the F-15C can do it.

But ofcourse I am all for having the full air to air arsenal that is available in the MiG 21 module, including the semi-active radar guided missiles.

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for joining last night.

The amazing amount of participants that showed up for Mission 1 was overwhelming! more than 70 people :thumbup:

TEAMSPEAKOPERATIONSUMMERRAINNO1_zpsa1df4a1a.jpg

ACMI - http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/ACMI/Summer%20Rain%20Official%20Campaign/Summer%20Rain%20Official%20Mission%20No1.acmi

STATS - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/SR/sr_m1_23_10.php

Because this was the first mission, there were some problems initiating the mission.

After around 30 minutes of troubleshooting we found that the mission file has become corrupted due to the fact that the mission was going through the mission planner which has generated an issue with the mission file.

After troubleshooting the issue, we went to an earlier revision of the mission and everything worked with 64 players.

Thanks again for everyone's patience at the start, see you soon on the next mission at Sunday 26/10.

<S> Xcom

Thank you all for participating on mission 2.

Broadcast of mission 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/morrtz/b/582264750

Mission Statistics - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/SR/sr_m2_26_10.php

ACMI - http://www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/DCS_World/ACMI/Summer%20Rain%20Official%20Campaign/Operation%20Summer%20Rain%20Mission%202.acmi

We have found that if we exceed 64 players, other players start to get thrown off out of the server.

Therefore, we have limited the participation on each mission to 64 players, last mission we had a packed server with 64 players and everything ran smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

joined in at the last mission - was great and lot's of fun flying with fellow sim flyers from Israel, Greece, U.S.A, Canada, Spain, Finland (apologies if i missed someone) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular