MOOSE Framework - AIBALANCER and PATROLZONE

FlightControl

Hi,

A lot of work has been put the last days in the framework...

Find a new explanation video on a couple of new classes that have been created:

- AIBALANCER

- PATROLZONE

- SET_AIRBASE

- SET_CLIENT

- AIRBASE

The AIBALANCER class provides the functionality to keep the amount of air units within a running multi player mission in balance with the amount of active players and AI, replacing those players. Various options are available within the class, related to returning to zones, patrolling zones etc.

Have a look at the video here:

[ame]

[/ame]

Note that further posts will be populated in this threat providing demonstrations and additional APIs and funtions within the AIBALANCER class.

I hope that some people are interested, and we can use this thread for potential co-development of the framework (in later stages).

kind regards,

FC

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Before I forget to mention, the concepts of the AIBALANCER have been worked out in cooperation with Dutch_Baron, who you can also find on the ED forums.

Dutch_Baron has leveraged his experience hosting one of the most busy servers in DCS.

You can expect the functionality of the AIBALANCER increasing in the future...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 mobile

[/TABLE]

Lovely, nice adition to Coop missions as well. This will save me a lot of time with balancing. What I really like about your work that it is well documented and easy to get the hang of it with minimal knowledge to programing. Well done!

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

• 1 month later...
Excellent work! I think this is exactly what I have been looking for to make my server more authentic feeling.

I will start reading up and planing to move over to a MOOSE powered server this weekend.

Thanks Rob. Have not seen you lately on slack... Join up and we can have a chat in this topic.

[/TABLE]

This answer explains unfortunately what Moose is not about...

[/TABLE]

Having a little trouble understanding SET_CLIENT.

What would I have to do to only select a group name of clients for slots to track.

Example:

local US_PlanesClientSet = SET_CLIENT:New():FilterPrefixes( "F15" ):FilterStart()

I thought this might select all groups with F15 prefix, but this does not work, I am guessing its prefixes of other client groups and not just links.

I'm not the biggest lua guy here, but I code javascript for a living, just need some easy clarification on the SET_CLIENT system.

I just need to know how to SET_CLIENT to a single or multiple group names

Let me know, I sent you a PM so I can get into slack or discord type system to have my questions answered quicker.

-Drex

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I figured it out,

local US_PlanesClientSet = SET_CLIENT:New():FilterCountries( "USA" ):FilterCategories( "plane" ):FilterPrefixes( "F15" ):FilterStart()

grabs all the F15 client slots (pilot name)

Yep, that is the way ...

Sven

[/TABLE]

I ran your AIBALANCER mission from github on the current live version of DCSW. I couldnt actually tell what the mission was doing, the sides didnt balance, they didnt follow their waypoints, they just flew around in circles. There was some despawning, a lot of airbase traffic issues but in the most part it wasn't possible to understand what the scripts were demonstrating. Do you have an example that demonstrates the balancing of sides? Does running it on the pseudo multiplayer environment of the ME affect the output or does it react differently in dedicated multiplayer mode?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I ran your AIBALANCER mission from github on the current live version of DCSW. I couldnt actually tell what the mission was doing, the sides didnt balance, they didnt follow their waypoints, they just flew around in circles. There was some despawning, a lot of airbase traffic issues but in the most part it wasn't possible to understand what the scripts were demonstrating. Do you have an example that demonstrates the balancing of sides? Does running it on the pseudo multiplayer environment of the ME affect the output or does it react differently in dedicated multiplayer mode?

How many clients do your have setup on your mission on each side?

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Moose%20Training/Documentation/AIBalancer.html

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

None. My thinking was that I want to see if it can balance 0 first. My expectation was that it would launch the template aircraft up and balance 4v2 as per the script. I saw a variety of things happen, the last occurence after an hour the template aircraft had all RTB and nothing was left, before that there was constant differences. After 10 mins blues all landed and nothign else happened for 45mins then a solo f15e took off and circled. The reds had 8 parked aircraft by this point and two ever circling, the landed aircraft woudlnt despawn so the traffic issues were taking effect. There isnt a consistent result when no players spawn. I tried spawning as a player on red but this had no effect on blue.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

No, it does not work like that ...

The reasoning is that you want the mission designer to have the flexibility of the AI balacing and keep control. Therefore, you'll establish in one mission one or multiple AI balancing objects with a SET_CLIENT scope... The SET_CLIENT models how many clients are declared within your mission, and will spawn the same on the other side. However, there are missions that contain 2000 clients, and i did not think of that. So i will need to add an option to limit the amount of clients being spawned (this is to be added on the GITHUB issues list)...

What you see in the test mission is not a balanced setup. Maybe i will need to revise that test mission so that the test is not confusing people like yourself :-) The test mission was merely to test the AI balancer setup....

Also, since 1.5.4 there are again undocumented features introduced from DCS that we need to dig out (bugs)... It worked perfectly in 1.5.3. And i am currently on holidays and have a very limited laptop with me (A microsoft surface pro 4)...

The bug relates to the PATROLZONE class... It appears that a function call embedded into a Task does not get executed anymore when planes arrive at the last waypoint. That used to work perfectly in 1.5.3, but now in 1.5.4. there are unexpected behaviours that i'll need to report (if ED reads it and will ever fix it, which i doubting).

Just downloading DCS, but the download is 12GB...

Sven

[/TABLE]