too much right rudder

erjdriver

I'm doing the landing instant mission and it starts with the plane yawing to the right. I have to put in left rudder to center the ball.

Anyone know why that's the case..settings issue?

I looked at my rudder axis RZ and when I don't have my feet on the pedals - it looks centered in the tuning panel.

I've got the RZ panel set to:

Deadzone 10

Sat X 100

Sat Y 88

Curvature 20

Slider, Inverted and User Curve are not selected.

When the power is low, the absence of prop effects to counter results in the trim settings, plus "negative torque" from the prop being also forced by the relative flow, to actually result in right rolling and yawing tendencies for an aircraft with a CW rotating prop and it's trims set for equilibrium in cruise...

It's OK

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I tried it.

I guess it is also something about starting the mission with some amount of throttle?

When I do that, the plane corrects itself quite quickly and you can proceed with the approach.

Btw. your deadzone looks quite big.

I fly with only a very small deadzone, and that is on Saitek pedals.

I would imagine that such a big deadzone gives a finicky behaviour, since you have a long throw from one side to the other.

Small precise rudder movements around the center means a lot.

And I do not use curves at all.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thanks.

I cut the deadzone and curve in half - and it's much better.

Able to land 3x in a row!!!

A little bit of deadzone is a good idea because otherwise it gets too twitchy and the nose will yaw left/right. In a real airplane the rudder is never that sensitive.

In my recent videos I test my new pedals with the controls indicator enabled. I also yank the throttle a lot so you'll be able to see something useful. I'm going to upload more today, if time allows.

No curvature and no dead zone, as god intended :)

Dora meets her first proper rudder pedals - DIY 1st test #myTube

Thanks.

I cut the deadzone and curve in half - and it's much better.

Able to land 3x in a row!!!

A little bit of deadzone is a good idea because otherwise it gets too twitchy and the nose will yaw left/right. In a real airplane the rudder is never that sensitive.

Sounds good. :)

Glad to be able to help. :)

Actually, I have next to no dead zone at all in my WW 2 aircraft.

Only in A-10C etc. because the nose wheel gets twitchy otherwise.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 4 months later...

I just flew with that "stick-deflection"-screen open (CTRL + ENTER) and I was surprised to see that my rudder was constantly off to the right of the center-position. Now my pedals do have a bit of a spiking issue, but I'm using a pretty wide deadzone on the center and everything looks centered in the "tune axis"-dialogue.

And the rudder input wasn't spiking or anything - just constantly offset to the right.

Weird.

S.

I just flew with that "stick-deflection"-screen open (CTRL + ENTER) and I was surprised to see that my rudder was constantly off to the right of the center-position. Now my pedals do have a bit of a spiking issue, but I'm using a pretty wide deadzone on the center and everything looks centered in the "tune axis"-dialogue.

And the rudder input wasn't spiking or anything - just constantly offset to the right.

Weird.

S.

Double check if the auto-rudder helper hasn't turned itself on after one of recent updates. Special options tend to do it by themselves every now and then after patching.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I just flew with that "stick-deflection"-screen open (CTRL + ENTER) and I was surprised to see that my rudder was constantly off to the right of the center-position.

S.

if it is during plane moving or engine running above idle, it is right

it is caused by rudder trim, Dora is trimmed to fly "legs off" at cruising speed with 2200 - 2400RPM at cruising altitude and speed

rudder must corrected propeller`s torque, so, it must be "off to the right of the center-position"

you can check it in TF-51 where you can control rudder`s trim from cockpit and you will see what it does

Dora has it fixed.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

if it is during plane moving or engine running above idle, it is right

it is caused by rudder trim, Dora is trimmed to fly "legs off" at cruising speed with 2200 - 2400RPM at cruising altitude and speed

rudder must corrected propeller`s torque, so, it must be "off to the right of the center-position"

you can check it in TF-51 where you can control rudder`s trim from cockpit and you will see what it does

Dora has it fixed.

I was thinking about that, but OTOH I'm pretty sure that the RL Dora used trim tabs to do that, didn't it? The red thingies sticking out of the aileron and rudder which were preset on the gound and couldn't be adjusted from the cockpit. So is this some sort of "crutch" DCS uses to simulate those tabs?

I do think you're right, however, since I checked rudder behavior with the Su-25T and there my pedals/rudder input according to CTRL-ENTER-screen were centered all the time.

I did double-check my "auto-rudder" and "take off help"-settings and they were indeed at 0/off. "Take off help" ... lol.. more like "let me help you crash upon takeoff" in this sim .. ;)

S.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a Warthog and I find that flying the dora is now a pain as I was always

having to hold the joystick to the left and it gets very tiring after 15 minutes.

I then started messing with my rudder pedal and if I put just a tinge of left rudder, I

can fly straight and level forever.

I do not mess with curves or dead zones, but somewhere I heard that something

can be done with a *.lua file or something to put some trim into the dora ?

My most favorite plane in DCSW, but I hope they do a Corsair someday !

I recently bought a Warthog and I find that flying the dora is now a pain as I was always

having to hold the joystick to the left and it gets very tiring after 15 minutes.

So now you have the Warthog, building a long stick is literally a question of minutes and you'll either get rid of the problem and gain a superb control of the aircraft, not only 190 but all of them :thumbup:. Warthog extension is hardly recommended.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice