Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I've come to terms with the fact that the apparent blah blah blah

I agree with your entire post. Very well written. Also lets not forget Cobras sig: "EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE".

What I've learnt from DCS is that words are just that, words. My track record taught me, until you have something in your hands, release dates ect might as well say 1630 B.C or 2054.Not going aginst LNS.

I love you guys. I would argue that the 21 is one of, if not the best work in DCS so far.

So you guys are just gonna have to wait for Viggen... (See what I did there?)

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

On another note, I finally started using TrackIR - makes a huge difference! It also really helps you to appreciate the REALLY impressive cockpit of the MiG-21. Many of the small details were not apparent until I added these additional DOF - really remarkable stuff and much more fun.

It was enough to pull me away from my other new toy - I hadn't played DCS for almost a month, but this has really added to the whole experience.

Wait until you experience it through the Rift or Vive....

You ain't seen anything yet.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Wait until you experience it through the Rift or Vive....

You ain't seen anything yet.

No doubt, that tech will totally revolutionize the whole experience - once it's up to speed.

It seems that good screen resolution and such is still a few years away. But when it happens...the only thing missing will be the vibration and G-forces.

Hopefully an LNS announcement (or better yet, release!) precedes this. ;)

-Nick

Well late august is here, and theres only a few more days left on it. They said that they would announce the planes late august, no? =)

Yes, but if the experience with the last few updates is indicative, it will either come late in the last day or get delayed so it's still much too early for bump posts :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yes, but if the experience with the last few updates is indicative, it will either come late in the last day or get delayed so it's still much too early for bump posts :)

Let's not ruin the mood, ok? :)

Maybe they'll pull through.

Hints and speculation suggests that the other two airframes [besides the F-14] are the swedish Viggen and the F4U Corsair.

The MiG-23 might be too similar to the '21 systems-wise and role, so the team might lean towards variety over a set theme [i.e. doing soviet-made warsaw pact aircraft]. The Su-17/22 is apparently not too popular, which is a shame.

The MiG-25 is excessively mythicized IMHO. In practice it'd be too much restricted and not fun. I'd rather have a bomber (F-111, Su-24, A-6 etc.).

The biggest problem I see with the Phantom... is what variant and block and timeframe to choose? Early Vietnam? Late Vietnam? Post-Vietnam? Navy? Marine Corps? Gun-nose Air Force? Without-Gun Air Force? AGM-65 capability? Wild Weasel? Modernized glass-cockpit Turkish/Greek/Japanese variant?

F-111, SU-24 or A-6, any one of those three please.

• Like 1

My speculation for the next aircraft ? SU30 or 34 ! And when (and if:music_whistling:) the shared cockpit feature will be available, that would be an awesome experience :thumbup:

while the SU-30 might be plausible.

the Su-34 is extremly unlikley.

we are more likley to see the F-22 and F-35 before we see the Su-34.

For my part my wishlist of russian aircraft would probably be SU-17 (Su-22)

Mig-23MLA(MLD) and then Mig-29SMT for a modern aircraft.

3 more days! :D

My guess on what aircraft it would be is some where in the WWII era or late WWII (beginning of the jet age) because if the tomcat is there most complicated aircraft then the other two that they hope to release this year are probably less complicated than the tomcat.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

3 more days! :D

My guess on what aircraft it would be is some where in the WWII era or late WWII (beginning of the jet age) because if the tomcat is there most complicated aircraft then the other two that they hope to release this year are probably less complicated than the tomcat.

The Tomcat does have a 2 seat cockpit they have to deal with though and it comes with a whole map.

while the SU-30 might be plausible.

the Su-34 is extremly unlikley.

What gave you that conclusion? I'd love to see both personally. I would have thought the SU-34 would be a pretty good candidate fora future module. Fingers crossed anyway.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Wags said that dcs 1.5 would be released in september... Not september 1st

This is for Leatherneck announcing there two new modules.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

What gave you that conclusion? I'd love to see both personally. I would have thought the SU-34 would be a pretty good candidate fora future module. Fingers crossed anyway.

Highly classified, not enough publicly available info to make a DCS level module of it. That's what I read in this forum anyway.

Highly classified, not enough publicly available info to make a DCS level module of it. That's what I read in this forum anyway.

The A-10c still has classified elements, we're getting a Eurofighter Typhoon. I wouldn't worry about all of the classified talk so much (unless it is an F-22 etc) We have to accept that the consumer versions will always have some elements removed, but not to an extent that it will ruin them for us. And in many cases, we will probably have no idea they are missing at all. Given what we have already, and have on the way, the SU-34 shouldn't be totally written off.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The Typhoon is an exception that confirms the rule. The RAF is cooperating with VEAO, VEAO makes the military simulation for them, and the RAF sets the guidelines to what are they allowed to portray in the public version. It seems the Russian military is not that cooperative.

I'd still love to see some of those classified jets in FC3 style... There may be enough info for that level of simulation.