Typhoon vs. FC3 fighters and F-18C

There's a G-Overrite switch in the hornet that will let you get upto 10-11 ish G, kind of like the su-27 cheat, and the hornet has a maximum G of 12 I think? So you'd be able to knock yourself unconscious at ease lol. Also, at least in FSX, The FCS let's you take up to 8 G, 9 if you were REALLY fast.

To me the reason you don't want to fight WVR in an F-18 is the poor power of the plane, not the G limit as over 7.5g you'd fight blind.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But now US fighter pilot are getting into the 12G protocol that some of them pass. What a hard momoent for them , they are crying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuqf_6oplMc

I will G-loc at 5G :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I guess the raptor can.

As most of its features are classified.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Wow... Makes you realise how easy we have it in sims...

Why do they do 12G training? There's no plane that can handle that load regularely no?

G-limits only exist if it looks like the plane will fly again. If future flights seem unlikely, there are no G-limits.

Actually that isn't true, eventually something really bad will happen, like wings breaking off or engines bolts snapping. These things are typically beyond what the pilot can cope with in modern fighter aircraft, but it is worth noting and is a consideration in other aircraft types. It's also a potential problem in regards to weapons. The plane may very well not break up until 20G, but that doesn't mean the 500kg bomb hanging on the wing won't snap off it's pylon at 8G and potentially cause fatal damage to the rest of the plane in the process. In any case, training for 12G's makes sense even if you aren't pushing that far in flight. If you can manage 12G, then the more typical 9G an F-16 can do shouldn't be a problem.

Actually that isn't true, eventually something really bad will happen, like wings breaking off or engines bolts snapping. These things are typically beyond what the pilot can cope with in modern fighter aircraft, but it is worth noting and is a consideration in other aircraft types. It's also a potential problem in regards to weapons. The plane may very well not break up until 20G, but that doesn't mean the 500kg bomb hanging on the wing won't snap off it's pylon at 8G and potentially cause fatal damage to the rest of the plane in the process. In any case, training for 12G's makes sense even if you aren't pushing that far in flight. If you can manage 12G, then the more typical 9G an F-16 can do shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, we had a few fuel tanks ripped off of Harrier wings when they were flying here in Lincolnshire. But in general, most modern aircraft of this type can handle more than the pilot.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Aye. The quote I posted is a joke on the fact that pilots in stressful situations are rarely concerned with making sure the needle on the G-force gauge stays below the red line, not an actual bit of fighter pilot policy.

In modern aircraft the FCS takes care of g-limits. Pilots don't need to obey performance limits for most parts. The FCS simply ignores control inputs that would translate into an envelope exceedance. That is true for gs, g-onset. AoA, AoS, roll rate and roll onset the like.

I wouldn't be so sure, my money is very much on the Typhoon. Also, the Swiss F-18's are rated at 9g, they would give the Rafale a very good fight and then some.

I've been at Radom 2015 airshow last weekend. Both Rafale and Eurofighter have shown their low speed maneuverability and Rafale seemed way better. It almost suspended at high aoa and then gave it afterburner and went up. And seemed to be able to turn better than eurofighter in horizontal sustained turn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I would bet my money on the eurofighter. First, it is the only plane in the NATO that can turn real 9g with 100% internal fuel. All the other once, like the F18 have the spec to turn real 9g at 60% internal.

Gives the eurofighter more manuverability at same fuel percentage.

I am not sure if the Rafale has the same specs the eurofighter has.

About the air show, well I doupt that the eurofighter performed real max turns as it could. I saw them doing hard turns in the open wild and they turned way harder then on any air show display. In the end I fear that none of the mentioned will ever end up in a BFM cause thier stand off weapons are way to capable if the ROE give them the opportunity to use them at any time.

Little side hit to the Raptor fanboys ;-) I read a report in which the eurofighter had a 1 - 1 loss ratio with the F22s from the air force ;-)

Maybe that gives some hint to the capabilities of that plane.

I've been at Radom 2015 airshow last weekend. Both Rafale and Eurofighter have shown their low speed maneuverability and Rafale seemed way better. It almost suspended at high aoa and then gave it afterburner and went up. And seemed to be able to turn better than eurofighter in horizontal sustained turn.

I saw the Typhoon do a minimum radius turn at RIAT this year. It was very, very impressive. That thing could turn inside a stadium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

You may have seen it at that particular show, but the Typhoon can accelerate through a 9g turn. And I've seen it turn on the head of a pin at plenty of shows. Depends on the day, pilot, restrictions, fuel/weapons load, the routine he is doing etc etc.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'd like to start a discussion on how the Typhoon will perform, in DCS, against our current FC3 fighters and the coming F-18C in A-A since I have little knowledge on this subject. :music_whistling:

Will the Typhoon just eat the others for lunch due to its newer and primarily A-A focused design?

What are the Typhoon's advantages in A-A?

What advantages do the other planes have against the Typhoon?

Hi there.

I am following the EF-2000 or Typhoon since my childhood and i am eating all information about it. As a F-16 Falcon Fan i was early sure that this plane is the next generation of a loved multirole purpose fighter that replaces the F-16 and many more. Most modern, most advanced, and at least 30 years ahead of its time.

Without trying to move the plane on the roof of everything. The EF-T is the most advanced State of the Art Aircraft besides the F-22 Raptor.

There are documentaries out that compare the aircraft and its capabilities and every expert who is involved in the subject states that the only Jet in the World that can deal with the EF-T is the Raptor.

Since almost 92% of the Aircrafts modules are highly classified i dont see a future where we will have an Authentic EFT Simulation in DCS in the near future.

Some infos i can tell from my contacts that have hands on:

The EFT can attack as much Aircraft as it has AA Missiles in the same time. (classified)

The EFT can deploy a decoy for more effective Defensive capability.

The EFT can observe and attack with all its weapon systems except bombs in a 360° angle without turning the jet. (system classified)

The EFT reaches and travels in Supersonic speed without afterburner while on full load. (weapons and such)

The EFT can climb verticaly does not stall. (classified)

The EFT is capable of an almost 180° flip while in a 6G turn.

(similar on movements shown with russian jets)

The EFT reached in testflight more then 9,5G and beyond. (detailed numbers are classified. experts state it is capable of 11G.)

Because of the escpecially for the jet created overall with water pressure system that keeps the blood where it is while in more then 7G maneuvers.)

The EFT outmaneuvers Su35, MiG35, F16 lets say everything except raptor F22.

The MFDs of the EFT deliver high class observation and targeting in IR, NV, UV, and different other classified aspects. it also has long range cameras and targeting capabilitys more advanced than the ones used in the modern predator drones. The MFDs monitor enemy movement on the ground in color and not in black & white.

The EFT engages, maneuvers and continues a mission while the pilot takes a nap. The pilot does not but the Jet has the capability. It also can land of its own without the control of the pilot for savety reasons. for example pilot is wounded or unconscious. (officialy classified / some kind of AI technology the Global Hawk drone has)(GlobalHawk communicates on its own with ATC and such...)

The EFT can start within 300 meters.

The Heads Up Display connected to the exclusively for EFT created Helmet and the HUD in the Cockpit are highly classified. only little information i was able to gather. such as MFDs can be moved in front of ur eye while watching out the canopy and much more. i will gather some information on this and will post it on a later time. You can watch through the Jet with the helmet because the radar system displays everything into the visor. it is like watching through a glas plane with VR.

The EFT operates fully via voice commands while pilot is focused on boogie. he does not need to look at MFD, click or switch any button.

The EFT is a Stealth fighter Jet totaly invisible for the enemy radar. The Materials the Fighter is build of is highly classified. Same for the modern Passive and semi-active radar system created for the Jet. Because of this system the EFT is able to see and engage enemy aircraft befor the enemy knows that the EFT is around them.

I hope i was able to help a little bit.

More information will be gathered and given in a later time if needet.

best regards, MKev

EF Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Xbvjnpjp4

Top10 Fighter Jets

Cockpit Cam flight

Informations

Best Airshow in Dubai with lots of infomation about the Typhoon.

I realy would love this plane to fly in DCS. But with all the classification its not worth the effort of developement.

I dont want to fly a EFT light edition i want the capabilities and the systems technology and visor helmet and and and...

There is a reason why there is no modern Simulator out that deals with F-22 or Eurofighter.

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

Thats why they are making a Tranche1 Block5 Eurofighter and not one of the newest versions, I'm sure ED and VEAO want a really good simulation aswell and as you can read pretty much everywhere over the forums here it should be a good one. The FAQ section already answers most of your concerns.

Edited by Etirion
Hi there.

I am following the EF-2000 or Typhoon since my childhood and i am eating all information about it. As a F-16 Falcon Fan i was early sure that this plane is the next generation of a loved multirole purpose fighter that replaces the F-16 and many more. Most modern, most advanced, and at least 30 years ahead of its time.

Without trying to move the plane on the roof of everything. The EF-T is the most advanced State of the Art Aircraft besides the F-22 Raptor.

There are documentaries out that compare the aircraft and its capabilities and every expert who is involved in the subject states that the only Jet in the World that can deal with the EF-T is the Raptor.

Since almost 92% of the Aircrafts modules are highly classified i dont see a future where we will have an Authentic EFT Simulation in DCS in the near future.

The EFT can attack as much Aircraft as it has AA Missiles in the same time. (classified)

The EFT can observe and attack with all its weapon systems except bombs in a 360° angle without turning the jet. (system classified)

The EFT reaches and travels in Supersonic speed without afterburner while on full load. (weapons and such)

The EFT reached in testflight more then 9,5G and beyond. (detailed numbers are classified. experts state it is capable of 11G.)

Because of the escpecially for the jet created overall with water pressure system that keeps the blood where it is while in more then 7G maneuvers.)

The MFDs of the EFT deliver high class observation and targeting in IR, NV, UV, and different other classified aspects. it also has long range cameras and targeting capabilitys more advanced than the ones used in the modern predator drones. The MFDs monitor enemy movement on the ground in color and not in black & white.

The EFT engages, maneuvers and continues a mission while the pilot takes a nap. The pilot does not but the Jet has the capability. It also can land of its own without the control of the pilot for savety reasons. for example pilot is wounded or unconscious. (officialy classified / some kind of AI technology the Global Hawk drone has)(GlobalHawk communicates on its own with ATC and such...)

The Heads Up Display connected to the exclusively for EFT created Helmet and the HUD in the Cockpit are highly classified. only little information i was able to gather. such as MFDs can be moved in front of ur eye while watching out the canopy and much more. i will gather some information on this and will post it on a later time. You can watch through the Jet with the helmet because the radar system displays everything into the visor. it is like watching through a glas plane with VR.

The EFT operates fully via voice commands while pilot is focused on boogie. he does not need to look at MFD, click or switch any button.

The EFT is a Stealth fighter Jet totaly invisible for the enemy radar. The Materials the Fighter is build of is highly classified. Same for the modern Passive and semi-active radar system created for the Jet. Because of this system the EFT is able to see and engage enemy aircraft befor the enemy knows that the EFT is around them.

best regards, MKev

EF Trailer

Top10 Fighter Jets

Cockpit Cam flight

Informations

I realy would love this plane to fly in DCS. But with all the classification its not worth the effort of developement.

I dont want to fly a EFT light edition i want the capabilities and the systems technology and visor helmet and and and...

There is a reason why there is no modern Simulator out that deals with F-22 or Eurofighter.

Please do us a favour and don't post such a block of nonsense again. Those guys working on the VEAO Typhoon have the access that's needed to create a believeable and reasonably realistic simulation of the aircraft.

Please do us a favour and don't post such a block of nonsense again. Those guys working on the VEAO Typhoon have the access that's needed to create a believeable and reasonably realistic simulation of the aircraft.

Agreed

I am not sure where the "source" of that information is, but a fair chunk of it doesn't tie up with the classified documents I have seen.

Pman

360 degree missile approach warner is the point. MAWS is MAWS, it doesn't matter what guidance type an approaching missile is using.

Now wether the VEAO Typhoon will have MAWS, or other DASS features, modelled is another matter.

360 degree missile warner is based in the previous explained systems, it means, that can detect laser rangerfinder, active missiles, SARH, etc, but doesn't means can detect an IR passive missile approaching with the fuel depleted. An ET or R-73 will eat the Typhoon tail without warning

Hi there.

best regards, MKev

EF Trailer

Top10 Fighter Jets

Cockpit Cam flight

Informations

Please do not smoke that s%&t again! :) I have seen no fighter in youtube or any air shows, making the maneuvers that SU-35 and the Russian fighters do, show me only one video of EFT and I will show you thousands of russian planes doing better.

by the way, in the Syrian campaign, EFT had a lot of problems with the airframe, and requires a lot of maintenance.

Show any video, any, of a western fighter doing this maneuvers:

yVlmoNtcyhY

Edited by JunMcKill
Show us a video of any fighter winning a real fight with those manoeuvres ;)

Still, I love the Russian birds completely and it does make for a good show.

the Su-27 and latest russian jets have not seen combat yet. But I can show you how to defeat any fighter pursuing my SU-27 in DCS with the Cobra or other maneuvers using the SU-27 capability of disconnect the Fly-by-wire system and making a tigh turn at very low speed making the other plane to overshoot

By the way, the video is to show that what they are saying here and I quote "The EFT outmaneuvers Su35, MiG35, F16 lets say everything except raptor F22." is a lie!

Read about EFT problems:

http://www.janes.com/article/44037/eurofighters-hit-by-manufacturing-issue

http://theaviationist.com/2015/08/08/have-indian-su-30s-really-dominated-raf-typhoons-in-aerial-combat-with-a-12-0-scoreline-most-probably-not/

In this last article you can read: "Moreover, WVR engagements, in which the super-maneuverable Su-30 excels, are less likely than BVR (Beyond Visual Range) ones where a Flanker would be much more vulnerable, as Indradhanush 2015 seems to have proved."

Edited by JunMcKill