zoomed hud problem

foxfour

hey, been playing for 6 months and every once in a while as im sitting in the plane, the HUD seems like its zoomed. zoomed to the point that i have to move my head up down left and right to see things i need to see. my view of the cockpit is fine, just the HUD is zoomed. Did i accidentally zoom only the HUD? is that possible? Maybe its a problem with track IR

I had a similar problem with the snap view. Not sure if you can see it here. it makes the hud visible properly in the snap view.

Check this out: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1132446&postcount=1

Maybe test if the hud looks right in the snap view Keypad: 0+5

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

hey, been playing for 6 months and every once in a while as im sitting in the plane, the HUD seems like its zoomed. zoomed to the point that i have to move my head up down left and right to see things i need to see. my view of the cockpit is fine, just the HUD is zoomed. Did i accidentally zoom only the HUD? is that possible? Maybe its a problem with track IR

Really don't get exactly what you mean - a image would enlighten us very much.

Maybe this comes handy for you:

This download includes a read-me that explains how to edit your viewpoint. and The included defaultsnapview.lua have annotations what to change to move your head inside the pit.

Tweaked Cockpit view for DCS A-10C

FOVstart-1.jpg

Or maybe you want just change the default zoom when starting a mission (KP-Enter).

More info how to do this in this thread Fix for misplaced/stretched MP and Mission Gui - also for BS (first post in the middle "To set a new starting FOV:")

Edited by PeterP

In fact, he needs to move his head closer to HUD.

If he's talking about what is rendered on the HUD, closer or farther would make no difference.

This issue has come up before, with no apparent resolution. I recall people having a problem with zooming in (actual zoom, not z-axis) then zooming back out, but the HUD remains zoomed. Seems like foxfour has the same issue.

dcs_sig.jpg

If he's talking about what is rendered on the HUD, closer or farther would make no difference.

This issue has come up before, with no apparent resolution. I recall people having a problem with zooming in (actual zoom, not z-axis) then zooming back out, but the HUD remains zoomed. Seems like foxfour has the same issue.

This is exactly the issue. But it doesnt happen very often. But once i have it the only way to fix it is to restart the mission or get out of your plane in multiplayer.

I have the same issue sometimes.

Try re-centering with your head closer to the screen then move back to normal position. Also if you have issues sometimes looking down at the controls try re-centering with your head looking up some. It makes looking down easier.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

If you can't see all of the HUD symbology within the HUD frame, it's because your virtual head is too far away from the HUD combiner glass.

As in the real world, the size of the symbology is fixed and does not change, regardless of viewing distance. What does change (relative) size is the combiner glass itself. So, again, if the symbology no longer fits within the HUD field of view, you need to get closer.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

• 2 years later...
How about a picture then, next time it happens?

Nate

Got that today with DCS 1.2.8. The HUD is twice as big and the gun pipper is not located where the bullets end up. Pressing 0-5 on the keypad does not help (second screenshot). When I kiss my screen I can see all of the HUD (third screenshot).

Any ideas?

Screen_140721_221008.thumb.jpg.138c1c9e9a4041fd16594516cd80d4ea.jpg

Screen_140721_221029.thumb.jpg.b3b86e6c10b930e827ec7a41f43dbe60.jpg

Screen_140721_221016.thumb.jpg.e350f982151013c7f308e374865fd0c5.jpg