DCS: A-10C Tutorial Collection (PDF´s and Videos)

MemphisBelle

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aerial refueling

Ok, now I finally managed my tutorial about aerial refuelling in the A-10C. Beside the practical stuff and the requirements for an aerial refuelling (radio setting, TACAN setup, join up), I did a video about the refuelling procedure.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wiki broken link

Could someone fix the broken link on the DCS wiki page http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

The following link is broken: DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook - PDF Check List collection by Lobo

It currently links to a blank page.

The correct link is as follows:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Thanks

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

• 2 weeks later...
What is the best manual to learn the basics? I am a noob. Just started with a10 and only know now how to ramp start an a10 thnks to JetlinerX tutorial:

But i really don't know anything about planes, terminology.....and so on

Hi,

I found this very interesting for general knowledge about aviation.

:smartass: Jumped always when too detailed.

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/pilot_handbook

And :

No 1 : DCS A10-C Flight Manual ( see checklists page 596 ff. )

No 2 : Tutorials and checklists ( DCS A10 WIKI / DCS Forum / Youtube )

No 3 : Google & co

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

here's a new tutorial how to release LDGP bombs in CCIP mode. A tactical guide to do this is WIP. :)

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Below, you can watch my latest DCS A-10C Tutorial with a lesson about the TGP:

kind regards,

Fire

PS: You can reach my DCS Tutorials channel over my new domain www.dcs-training.com.

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Below, you can watch my latest DCS A-10C Tutorial with a leesion about the TGP:

kind regards,

Fire

PS: You can reach my DCS Tutorials channel over my new domain www.dcs-training.com.

Do you mind making english versions of your tutorials? or at least some english subtitles. You could reach broader audience! I wish I could understand what you are saying...Meine Deutsche sprache ist schlecht..:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Do you mind making english versions of your tutorials? or at least some english subtitles. You could reach broader audience! I wish I could understand what you are saying...Meine Deutsche sprache ist schlecht..:smilewink:

On the long road, I'll do a rework of the flanker-training.com videos for the newer members of our community, because ironhands lessons are no longer up-to-date.

So, if my website is online, I'll do an english part (subtitles, new composed) for the english spoken part of us.

regards,

Fire

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the long road, I'll do a rework of the flanker-training.com videos for the newer members of our community, because ironhands lessons are no longer up-to-date.

So, if my website is online, I'll do an english part (subtitles, new composed) for the english spoken part of us.

regards,

Fire

Awesome news my friend! Can't wait to enjoy your training vids!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

The first videos in a series called "On the Range" are complete and are available on Youtube. These are 10-15 minute tutorial videos covering whatever topic I happen to be focusing on at the moment. Right now, the focus is on systems and weapons employment in the Flaming Cliffs 3 series of aircraft as well as employment of the A-10C Warthog.

The entire playlist can be viewed here...

... and here is a sample of the level of detail you get:

If you find these useful be sure to check out my complete fly-through of A-10C Warthog single missions available here:

A-10C Warthog Single Missions

A-10C Single Mission with Combined Arms

They feature several hours of A-10C Warthog gameplay with detailed commentary from the perspective of an experienced flight simmer provided throughout.

Bunyap

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been discussed or not. My apologies if it has. How would a pilot be able to search for targets? I'm looking for a working method. I have the labels turned off. Some of my missions have a JTAC some don't. Sometimes the JTAC assigns me targets, some don't. So I'm trying to figure out, or learn, how do I effectively find targets? Single player, btw.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 2 weeks later...

For squadron trainers I developed a set of missions they can put their students through to test their knowledge on all categories of basic system management/employment as well as weapons employment. The mission description files are Word files so they can edit with their own contact information as needed.

Mind you this is NOT a tutorial/ How-to. This is a packet for trainers to use to test their trainees to see how well they have mastered a topic.

Topgun505 DCS A-10C Certification Mission Test Pack - Public.zip

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I never saw a guide on the wiki to Air to Air using the A10c, techniques for spotting with the naked eye and SAM avoidance. I am always on the 104th server and am starting to see more and more enemy air shooting down ground attack aircraft. Just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Communication is Key

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I have created a Youtube A10C tutorials channel

I have created a Youtube A10C tutorials channel.

Its here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90p6sHsL5PN_urMRz65NyA

I recently moved up from flying the A10A and the SU25T to the A10C and as a result I started to search through Youtube for training and instructional videos. I found plenty and started to build some playlists. Soon I had a lot of videos and I had sorted them into a number of themed playlists. I thought that other people my be able to benefit from the search, compilation and organisation I had done so I created this channel.

I hope people find it useful.

I didn’t make any of these videos and I would like to thank those who did as their efforts are so very useful.

If anybody knows of other training videos that I have missed do let me know and I will add therm to the channel

• 2 weeks later...
[..]

If anybody knows of other training videos that I have missed do let me know and I will add therm to the channel

thanks for your efforts, I pretty much think that you´ve checked the Videos available (linked) in the wiki? As the wiki is free to everyone, so everyone can add Content there. I havent been there for a while, but if you havent checked it so it would worth a try.

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_A-10C_Guides,_Tutorials_and_Reference_Documents

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...