"On the Range" Tutorial Series featuring the A-10C

Bunyap

The first videos in a series called "On the Range" are complete and are available on Youtube. These are 10-15 minute tutorial videos covering whatever topic I happen to be focusing on at the moment. Right now, the focus is on systems and weapons employment in the Flaming Cliffs 3 series of aircraft as well as employment of the A-10C Warthog. If you have suggestions for the channel or have a request for a tutorial on a specific aircraft or weapon system please leave a comment on youtube or post it right here

attachment.php?attachmentid=101500&stc=1&d=1406138775

If you find these useful be sure to check out my other videos available here:

DCS: A-10C Warthog - Combined Arms Mission

DCS: A-10A Warthog- The Valley Campaign

DCS: A-10C Warthog - Single Missions

They feature several hours of A-10 Warthog, F-15 Eagle, and UH-1 Huey gameplay with detailed commentary from the perspective of an experienced flight simmer provided throughout.

Bunyap

1498384514_OTRTemplate.jpg.be827066f19d9c91cf92c736afa136e0.jpg

Edited by Bunyap
  • Like 1

Nice Bunyap!

I thought I was pretty proficient with the Gau-8...it turns out I didn't even know how to properly employ the PAC!

Thanks mate! :thumbup:

DCS World 2.0 Open Alpha | CPU Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz| Mobo ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO | RAM G.SKILL 32 GB | GPU ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | PSU Corsair RM750i | OS Win 120 64-bit | TM Warthog HOTAS | TH Cougar MFDs | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 / TrackClip Pro & Oculus Rift | Monitor: Samsung U28D590D (3840 x 2160) |

Thanks! By the way,, would you mind sharing your TrackIR profile?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Bunyap... just have to say... watched a couple of your vid's and man, if you're not a teacher, you should be! Well done, thought out and executed. Your clarity is truly stunning.

Thank you.

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Great stuff Bunyap! Will certainly be using your videos...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Great information put out in a simple manner. I love it when little details that have been either neglected or taken for granted are pointed out. This is a true tutorial for the layman. Myself and my wingman learned something from both this and the CBU tutorial, and we thought we were fairly proficient.

Anxiously awaiting the tutorial on the IFFCC menu!

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Thanks a lot everybody, I really appreciate it. I'll try to keep the forums updated but your best bet for notification of updates is to subscribe to the channel.

Fakum, it is just the default TrackIR profile with no changes. I tried to tweak the settings once but I never found anything I liked and gave up. The key, I think, is to leave everything alone and just let your brain adjust over time. It didn't feel right for the first day or two but then it suddenly became seamless and natural. It is the same thing with curves and other settings for the joystick. I don't touch those at all any more either.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot everybody, I really appreciate it. I'll try to keep the forums updated but your best bet for notification of updates is to subscribe to the channel.

Fakum, it is just the default TrackIR profile with no changes. I tried to tweak the settings once but I never found anything I liked and gave up. The key, I think, is to leave everything alone and just let your brain adjust over time. It didn't feel right for the first day or two but then it suddenly became seamless and natural. It is the same thing with curves and other settings for the joystick. I don't touch those at all any more either.

Thanks for the feedback,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...

Bunyap..want to thank you personally. Your tutorials are extremely useful and very entertaining..ESPECIALLY when things don't go quite right! I love to hear the confusion and frustration in your voice...I can relate so well! thanks again and keep em coming!

Didnt notice you are back under a different name. Enjoyed your A10 A+C Videos last year, and will definately enjoy the new stuff i missed.

Thanks.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

LOL, thanks Belisarius. I'm a bit of an OCD perfectionist but I left some "confusion and frustration" in one of the upcoming On the Range videos for you. I am a firm believer in that you can learn as much from watching things not go right as you can from perfect execution. That's why the mission videos are all "one take" and the On the Range videos are as "one take" as I can reasonably make them. :).

I'll look into it kontiuka, and thanks Pinefang and Foss.

Bunyap has some of the best game play and tutorial videos around. New content never dissapoints and is extremely well done. Everyone should check some out when they get a chance, his channel should be much more popular than it is at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Id like to thank you for a 2nd time as well. Im having difficulty finding time to fly, so its sporadic for me, that creates an issue as far as remembering things. Its great to brush up quickly by watching these tutorials, not to mention learning things I was not up to speed on,,, many thanks.

Thanks again Faith and Fakum.

The top thread is caught up again but the best place to see new videos as they come out is the Youtube Channel page. I just finished flying a marathon A-10C mission using some of the Combined Arms features so expect to see those videos start to roll out over the next week as well.

• Like 1

<salute>

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the Huey " test flight" video!

Even better the "initial set up" video....took me quite some time to figure out how that whole "assigning buttons" thing works...your vid would have saved me lots of time.

My biggest reason for not "playing " with other dcs aircraft is the hassle of assigning the controls. Clear demonstrations help tremendously. The more basic your vids are, the more I seem to learn. Thanks