Help with setting JTAC coords into waypoint

Arcto10

Hey guys,

So something I only managed to achieve twice (a looong time ago) was copying JTAC coords into my A10C and setting them as a waypoint.

I have decided it is time to learn again as it is one of the last things I cannot do!

I keep getting an 'incorrect entry' error on my CDU page when entering UTM coordinates.

One thing I have noticed is that any of he tutorial videos online showing how to do this usually are several digits longer than the ones my JTAC gives me (On any mission...)

For example: Youtube video will have something like GH12341234. My JATC will give me GH123123

Could this be causing it somehow? Or do I just need to RTFM a few more times?

Will try upload a track next week as I will not have time till then. What is the best resource for re-learning this?

Cheers!

Wow, I feel kinda dumb now. I've called in 10 digit 9 line strikes in Arma2 (that's how we played it!) no problem....but couldn't figure out something like add an extra 0 at the end to round off! hahaha.

Thanks man, reputation for you :)

It really is no problem to set a waypoint with 6 digit UTM coordinates?!

I agree. It shouldn't be a problem. Did a test in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126413

And was able to enter UTM with just two digits e.g. GH12. CDU will enterpret as GH 100000 200000

Cheers

Hans

Press the LSK ?3 first to create a new waypoint. Then enter the name and co-ordinates into that new WP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

You may have issues entering coordinates if you've made some mark points. Be sure that the waypoint page has been selected and that a waypoint has been selected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 2 weeks later...