DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

What does not work?

How do you get from losing one activation (when you have 10 to start with) to having to purchase the product again?

Aside from asking you why you didn't read my earlier post (which i added to my reply), because it took me a month to get no response about this very issue. I last installed BS1 about a year earlier and yet had zero activation's left, I'd assume that a year would be sufficient time to allow the system to add 1 serial number, since apparently i was out of. I'd also advised in my trouble ticket that I HAD to buy a 2nd copy with no reference made to this fact, or an offer to refund the needless 2nd purchase in the reply I received.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the activation issue.... ok maybe is important for others.... maybe there are FPS issues also... but as long as FreeTrack is not supported I have little incentive to even start a mission...

I would love a tick somewhere near "Central trim" where we could say the game that we have a headtracker and so it will work.

I read that the game creates a headtracker folder... it doesn't, that we need to take from facetracknoir... or wait... some other software the dll... and it will work... it doesn't... that we have to edit some internal files (like anyone is doing in any other game... c'mon...) and it will work... it doesn't.

Maybe proper support for available and used today gaming gear for simmers is too much. Thank god Logitech G940 is supported... since Warthog HOTAS is the main thing these days. I had a bit of fear in me waiting for my BU0836 interface to be detected by the game... who knows... maybe it is also on the black list.

There is a good thing though with this update... it will self update from now on.... one can only hope (but not too much).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Added some additional Su-25T commands for keyboard and joystick.

"Added some additional Su-25T commands for keyboard and joystick."What does this mean?What are they? ...where are they?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

No, they have a valid complaint.

Nate

i never said it was not valid.. i just don't see the problem. I assume ED will give everyone a extra activation. Surely no one has used all 10 of their activation up already!

Because see my earlier post.

I ran out of Black Shark 1 activations.. i asked for more and had another full set 2 days later. I guess we had different experiences with ED support.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Aside from asking you why you didn't read my earlier post (which i added to my reply), because it took me a month to get no response about this very issue. I last installed BS1 about a year earlier and yet had zero activation's left, I'd assume that a year would be sufficient time to allow the system to add 1 serial number, since apparently i was out of. I'd also advised in my trouble ticket that I HAD to buy a 2nd copy with no reference made to this fact, or an offer to refund the needless 2nd purchase in the reply I received.

You are aware that the BS1 Starforce package does not automatically replenish activations, yes?

DCS World modules with attendant Starforce system does however automatically replenish activations, said system introduced with the A-10C and in use ever since for all subsequent products.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hey Wags, You might want to change the original post to tell people to de-activate first instead of "you do not have to de-activate" :music_whistling:

Otherwise you'll just have more people added to the complaints list.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

You are aware that the BS1 Starforce package does not automatically replenish activations, yes?

DCS World modules with attendant Starforce system does however automatically replenish activations, said system introduced with the A-10C and in use ever since for all subsequent products.

I was not aware of that, thank you for the info. So if and when in the course of the future us that bought the update from BS1 to BS2 are stuck with our 10 (now 9) activation's for forever? That is a completely anti-customer policy, to create a game then not offer usability once your activation's are up without buying yet another copy.

I realize you didn't instate this policy or have any control of it, just stating that it's wrong. Would have saved me a lot of frustration if they'd mentioned that in the (non-timely) response I received.

So if I used my last activation on the last version of DCS world I won't be able to install this new version? Or I wait a month and a new one is provided?

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

So if and when in the course of the future us that bought the update from BS1 to BS2 are stuck with our 10 (now 9) activation's for forever?

If, due to reasonable use, you do run out of activations, then you submit a support ticket requesting a 'refill' and another will be allocated to you.

You do not have to purchase the product again - I do not know where you got that idea from but it's the first time I have heard it mentioned here on these boards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1565036&postcount=2

We apologize for an oversight that is causing an activation to be used when installing a 1.2.1 product version. We will do our best to resolve this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please deactivate your product prior to installing a 1.2.1 version product.

Nate

So if I used my last activation on the last version of DCS world I won't be able to install this new version? Or I wait a month and a new one is provided?

The month-period would have commenced running the moment you spent the last activation so you should have one spare in any event as the previous version has been out for quite some time already.

Could we all please move on from the 'OMFG I spent one activation' chant now? I know it's an inconvenience but heck, shovel hard enough and it seems that one can indeed make a sizeable mountain out of a molehill in no time whatsoever :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've downloaded 1.21 everything, but I'm going to hold off until the auto update comes out to fix the FPS issues... I've been wrestling with FPS's since I first installed DCSW.

So my question is this... Will there be any announcements of automatic updates here on the forums? or if the DCSW updates automatically, any way to know what is being fixed or added thru DCSW itself?

If, due to reasonable use, you do run out of activations, then you submit a support ticket requesting a 'refill' and another will be allocated to you.

You do not have to purchase the product again - I do not know where you got that idea from but it's the first time I have heard it mentioned here on these boards.

That's great in theory Viper, However when it takes over 2 months just to get an answer on the support tickets, it's rather impractical.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

The month-period would have commenced running the moment you spent the last activation so you should have one spare in any event as the previous version has been out for quite some time already.

Okay cool.

Sorry for what might be a silly question: Is there a way to check how many activations I have before I go uninstalling the old version?

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

How do we deactivate if we've already uninstalled?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

That's great in theory Viper, However when it takes over 2 months just to get an answer on the support tickets, it's rather impractical.

The answer to that would of course be to not to wait until you spend your last activation prior to requesting more. In any event, lets not forget that this discussion only pertains to BS1 and not to World and it's modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just finished installing and the first thing it did when the game started is do another update. Maybe they fixed something already

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1493625

This did not work as it couldn't find the files to deactivate

Just ran a quick test with the same graphic configs. i5 2500K @ 4.1, 560Ti, 8GB RAM, 3840x1920 3 exports.

Airstart at 18000 winter weather:

1.2 - 40-52fps

1.2.1 - 24-33. Mostly on the low side, only got in the 30s a couple of times as peaks.

I just finished installing and the first thing it did when the game started is do another update. Maybe they fixed something already

Mine did that as well on the first run, still having issues.

and this is just a guess, cos i have bought the bs2upgrade i'm gonna have to install bs1 AGAIN! for the duration of about 2 minutes while I install the new BS2 module. I should have chucked BS1 in the bin and just bought the BS2 full version, saved a fiver for a whole pisstake of hassle, same reason as i wont buy FC3, I'd have to install the original Lockon just to get it activated.