Patch 1.0.1

• ED Team
I have a question:

why is the MESSAGE action removed from trigger events?

Because:

- TEXT TO ALL

- TEXT TO COALITION

- TEXT TO COUNTRY

is enough.

Added. Of course, each above mentioned trigger has adjustable "time to show"

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question: why is there no LOOP option for ground units but only for airborne ones? For example, it would be cool to have vehicle patrol the city without having to manually define 150 waypoints in order for them to continue moving for the remainder of the mission.

Apologize if this has already been mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

The new trim logic is only useful for non-FFB sticks. :mad: :ranting::furious:

The easy fix for the rudder trim is not adressed ???? (Option to disable rudder trim for non-centering pedals - especially in combination with FFB stick, where you don´t need to center after trim) :helpsmilie:

I am so glad to see the unit disappear feature being added. CSAR is now a viable mission when the patch comes out. Talk about a race against time......... I can't wait.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• ED Team
The easy fix for the rudder trim is not adressed ???? (Option to disable rudder trim for non-centering pedals - especially in combination with FFB stick, where you don´t need to center after trim) :helpsmilie:
In 1.0.1 user can adjust neutral position ("dead zone") separately for pitch, poll and rudder (in parts of full scale). So, if you set HelicopterTrimmerZoneRudder = 1.0 - you don't need to return pedals in center at all.
Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

It would be great if we could get trigger "stop if" and "go if" options for ground units on route.

I like this idea. Using flags, you can have sevral obj's along the path of the ground units. And they wont just blindly drive in to hell and die like morons.:doh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

In the Lockon & FC mission editor there was this possibility to assign a certain object on the map (building, house etc) a mission objective (must survive/must be destroyed) but I don't see it in the new BS version of the editor?

I'm talking about buildings that are already on the map, not the user-added objects.

This is IMO pretty important and it would add more challenge to those helicopter urban missions in which you're supposed to take out a 'insurgent' building but be careful not to do any other colateral damage and destroy nearby houses, if so, mission fails etc.

What are the chances of this feature being re-introduced in the upcoming patch?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

It would be great if we could get trigger "stop if" and "go if" options for ground units on route.

Yes, "group hold" and "group move".

This in combination with some comm triggers which the player could access from the comm menu, would take immersion up a notch.

The comm triigger with current actions and rules would in itself be a great step.

Just an addtional menu in comms, with say Alpha, Bravo, etc, say at least four named triggers which would do the same thing as "unit in zone" or whatever.

This seems not a hugely complex addition--we understand ED has limited resources.

But that said, great to see the work is going forward!!

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

In 1.0.1 user can adjust neutral position ("dead zone") separately for pitch, poll and rudder (in percents of full scale). So, if you set HelicopterTrimmerZoneRudder = 1.0 - you don't need to return pedals in center at all.

Sounds like great news to me. I hope sound issues will also be looked into.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I have a question or three :D. Caveat: BTW I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the patch.

First: There is no mention of multiplayer stability fixes, has this been addressed and can you speak to what issues were fixed?

Second: If possible please bring back "satellite" view for the ME. It makes it a lot easier to place objects in the mission. You don't have to keep starting the mission to ensure the proper placement.

Third: Please add "or" into the "if" and "then" programming logic that is part of the trigger system. For example if I have a unit inside a zone and I set a flag to true, it stays that way unless I add a statement that sets to false when he's outside. If I want to add other units to those statements then all of the units have to be inside or outside to make the flag true or false(I hope that made sense). The "or" operator would allow for greater flexibility with the triggers.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Third: Please add "or" into the "if" and "then" programming logic that is part of the trigger system. For example if I have a unit inside a zone and I set a flag to true, it stays that way unless I add a statement that sets to false when he's outside. If I want to add other units to those statements then all of the units have to be inside or outside to make the flag true or false(I hope that made sense). The "or" operator would allow for greater flexibility with the triggers.

the "or" is possible by creating a separate trigger for each OR-condition... means, a loooot of work (because you can not copy/paste triggers) and a lot of triggers, so inside the mission you may get problems with the framerate...

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

As GG mentioned, let's not make this into another wishlist thread. We already have a sticky for that. The idea in this thread was to give the community a bit of a heads up on some of the significant feature enhancements included in the patch and minimize the guessing games related to them. As mentioned in the opening post, the full change log is well over 100 items (120 as of the last patch beta) and includes fixes/improvements/changes to just about every aspect if the simulation, including game crashes, CPU affinity, multiplayer, player-controlled Ka-50, wingmen, ground AI, aircraft AI, helicopter AI, ships, track playback, GUI, ME, etc.

For those of you less experienced, please don't expect that everything will suddenly be perfect - it most certainly won't. On the other hand, besides providing a laundry list of fixes, v. 1.0.1 will also be a nice feature upgrade.

Dont forget, if possible, the functionality of the triggers in MP.
Fixed
A quick question about the editor. With the removal and renaming of several triggers, is it still expected that missions build with version 1.0 will run with the patch?

Trying their best, but I wouldn't promise it for any given mission.

I have a question: why is there no LOOP option for ground units but only for airborne ones? For example, it would be cool to have vehicle patrol the city without having to manually define 150 waypoints in order for them to continue moving for the remainder of the mission.

Apologize if this has already been mentioned.

Not planned for the patch. Please add to the wishlist.

Oh, one little question, will some of those nice new 3D models that we've seen in those threads, example http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38877 make it into this patch?
The ones that are ready, yes. The new TOR SAM and Huey are already in.

In the Lockon & FC mission editor there was this possibility to assign a certain object on the map (building, house etc) a mission objective (must survive/must be destroyed) but I don't see it in the new BS version of the editor?...

What are the chances of this feature being re-introduced in the upcoming patch?

AFAIK, no chances. Wishlist, please.

Second: If possible please bring back "satellite" view for the ME. It makes it a lot easier to place objects in the mission. You don't have to keep starting the mission to ensure the proper placement.
Not a patchable issue. This is a new ME coded from the buttom up with a new map system that is currently separate from the in-game map. ED is very keen on implementing a satellite view along with other improvements to the ME, but not in the patch.

Also in ED's own wishlist, but probably not for the patch.

I just hope they will fix the sound engine.

No major changes to the sound engine planned for the patch. However, ED is working on a new sound engine for later.

We would appreciate your efforts to keep this thread on topic and keep the wishing in the wishlist thread. Thanks!

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Great news, triggers working in MP is one of my top wishes. Time to develope missions XDDD.

Thanks EB, DCS team is making a great work.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team

All changes will be, as usual, described in special text file included in patch.

• Like 2

G.K. Chesterton