Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update

Cobra847

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The announcements about the new airframes were made because the cat was inadvertently let out of the bag, not because Leatherneck planned it this way.

Bottom line though, DCS World continues to expand, and LN are certainly front runners in module fidelity. The more they work, the better they'll get at avoiding the bugs too.

Next year looks to be as exciting as last year was, and it's only five days old!

The announcements about the new airframes were made because the cat was inadvertently let out of the bag, not because Leatherneck planned it this way.

Bottom line though, DCS World continues to expand, and LN are certainly front runners in module fidelity. The more they work, the better they'll get at avoiding the bugs too.

Next year looks to be as exciting as last year was, and it's only five days old!

Have they been announced now? Because I read Cobras post like "There will still come an anouncement, but here is some info already".

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Have they been announced now? Because I read Cobras post like "There will still come an anouncement, but here is some info already".

Have you read the first post of that topic ?

Edited by Lib

Have you read the first post of that topic ?

That's what I meant when I said "Cobras post"...

Delicious Leeks – AJS-37 & F4U-1D

Whoops!

No, it's not a red herring. (We're bigger fans of cod and salmon, actually).

Obviously we screwed up a little here, but hopefully you'll forgive us.

We might as well talk briefly about these two, while we're at it.

[...]

With an average development time of several years; every module we have built or will build will be very special to us.

Thus we want to make sure that your first look, but more importantly- your first impression of our work is exactly as good as you expect of us.

The simple but honest truth is: they're just not quite there yet. At least visually.

If a cockpit is 95% done and but there is a big white blob instead of a HUD– we'd rather ensure that we get that done before disappointing you.

It will be a few more weeks until we are ready.

I understand his post as not beeing an official anouncement of the Viggen and the Corsair. He just admitted they're developing them and it looks like there will be an official anouncement in the coming weeks/months.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Alright, I guess I should have been more clear then in my first post. I was talking about an official announcement, which I'm still looking forward to :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's not through the cutting phase yet. It will be around 300,000 triangles per cockpit once that is complete.

Can we got a count from the MiG-21 to serve as comparison?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

That's what I meant when I said "Cobras post"...

I understand his post as not beeing an official anouncement of the Viggen and the Corsair. He just admitted they're developing them and it looks like there will be an official anouncement in the coming weeks/months.

you are being too German and he is a Swede :)

It is otherweise a clear announcement, in a Swedish way

So we are in for another insanely high fidelity treat!

Viggen scope avatar looks awesome... I hope that was taken from an in game test :D

I bet it was because if you search for that pic on google, nothing comes up.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisd8LL9xeKKKCu9PhcjYcQMwGUNM3Ll5m9C8Sg7pmy6FQAwdH4W33FRLCz611nFVtRZwwLhnIjur6ItaskRKVGwe_1dhq0cQWFLS8uQmCKOHKVzRbTiJ8TFM-NzTaELBdF8bKMam2OP5t07unrN52mpS7prD0Ags6T0RCzQiOkXIV2zvEe5TSEPbR4_1szRbxwN94D2PnYNKFhDXZRohbN3jS5KAuDTQzDls5MEjVYvC5CiZ8V-qj5Fg0oxNs-TArP3pZVaAQfmTsxmDHgJ0BLQWYh8LRJKg6OBqFOVsCJMTMadJndQUmDejR8hvqi_1OraHTRDYk50mS2NzGdGZtTiQCgM_1XJ-ligGwdoOl4aMRc8KrDU2_1KlSyNo5f7I2vce4O-9wldMBePkUmn6WL9dcPxMQjNtfrQUvDzeu51QgSePfmtm1A28MVDx_1TLW0X9NLi6JbfGiiqCkYS4WNEbY5lWpFw9sGXgY8tmTUhoF2720rPCFBmkZtBT4QTGvau8FmJjvPpu4cKmuHPj8Px67agbkrXtVSXNDAyqOC6JLre1PnxdP6nlHJp3jsOiJPjfzUFApYGHV7gN_1qDYksN4QYYOT4bXYgYJU2F-QtFhWEModhHKw_10RtpMx1wR0z43eQQw5cf1a67ZLzX0sKP8E8uHUjOlLPdDNWHtAvPPdqvxJjl8eLXC9TdXsx60SD2rncr-9GtR_1QGeAg7U2pl5I6aGSkRXMiq6TA1EmQOqizkVzAsNFfCODAOE9fomv2B3KGdXdaJDTThzIS5JJWhJ8XJKhWOa9pmk2k8twOjHDNvw8M58ufnekINYHrpvT27qrTQ6_1UoGRdPk2pQtm5J2VE-BYWLnt7j7pDuKXHCveuURqL42TtzUtskmR-wNeb48zbhiGJBXfgXbqcgo4NMy4C6SyyZE6DG0KxnqZQxUN2etKNqwxWugZKMSH0c0jeUs-Mh5rGG1yn39gsTNuMNqE_1Fd7mJTInE95OgdsSevbeT2SSIUZb3vpJnNwiVFfPQQJb3lie88VhEx_1RX2wvrGGggUL7vsULk43VPJJeWVTb_14o13XrKhlXUMg6JYblyFbIpwSrnmJPKjXBMIDqu0iI7uYSZpj33OvXbKIl8inYFRMSb_1uvsmuTgfJufql5pu4JubgTlDuBEWlOCFzkrSPiTBEAcTifx_14d5U3STNHETLNZxDtKnYkljwLcuxhR-b6S5ztCnPDOqzSEdXVRxbtks6TDMVJQli7VVG7h7Nynd5-ft-ru-uF9QtzLmpo1sjxDvKAYP-_1M8

Frisco1522

Did I just read F4U and Viggen.....Love you guys! Cant wait to send my money!

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

"Moderately advanced navigation unit", I hope that means that Cobra and his team will be the first guys in DCS to simulate things like position drift/ INS inaccuracies etc.

Yes -- this is what it encompasses.

Drift, taking a new fix position, alignment, all that good stuff. This also ties in with the weapons and HUD systems in a big way.

With regards to the RWR stuff listed explained on the previous page: I am mainly referring to (apart from the RWR's normal functions as explained by Jedi) -- basic ELINT and Recon capabilities and RWR data recording features.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Drift, taking a new fix position, alignment, all that good stuff. This also ties in with the weapons and HUD systems in a big way.

With regards to the RWR stuff listed explained on the previous page: I am mainly referring to (apart from the RWR's normal functions as explained by Jedi) -- basic ELINT and Recon capabilities and RWR data recording features.

This is so flight sim nerdy.

I Love It. :cry: I love it so much.

Frisco1522

Sounds great! will the MiG have it as well?

This is so nice. Then we must have a map with the island Öland and the light houses. Just read a story about one of them being used by Viggen pilots to do a fix update of the navigation system and it also had a radar reflector so it was easy to spot :thumbup: