Moving the axis view window(RCTRL+Enter)

pitbull

Is there a way to move that little red window showing the axis when you hit ctrl+enter)?

It's possible to move the radio menu, i'm guessing the same goes with this window...

Cheers!

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thank you for the reply PeterP.

The linked post has wealth of information but i'm still looking at how to move the axis window (RCTRL+Enter)

regards,

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Found the files that defines the Controller indicator but didn't played around with the values - as I have no problem with the the current position (Means:I don't have to use it because I use a FFB controller and I always know how much trim I have applied.) - but you can have a try.

Have a look in this folder , may be you will find a way to move it :

\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

... but I'm still looking at how to move the axis window (RCTRL+Enter)

regards,

OK, Pitbull- You are a lucky guy!;) - I had a some time on my hands for a deeper look - and I found the right triggers that are responsible for the placement of the control indicator in the cockpit-view. :)

(BTW : I took me only 7min to find the right lines..;) be warned that will also change the position of the CTRL-Indicator in the "HUD-only" view")

... here we go:

First go to

DCS:BlackShark 1.1.1.1:

\DCS Black Shark 2\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

DCS: A10C 1.1.1.1:

\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

than open

ControlsIndicator_page.lua

with a proper Editor (>>> Notepad++)

CTRLindicator.png

Than edit the size in line #14

>> local size = 0.15 -- 0.30 nearly doubles the width/height of the default one

and position in line #43

>> base.init_pos = {X-position,Y-position} -- both values can be decimal and negative

I made some quick testing and instead of posting lots of pictures that show nearly the same; I copied each different position into the same screen.

I made notes which values are used for each position.

baseinit_posandsizeexample-1.gif

Now you should know enough how to create your own desired spawn point of the CTRL-Indicator.

Keep in mind than you have to use different values on diffident resolutions

(...Up to now I not fully aware what exact logic triggers the spawn-point.

But up to now I can say that when moving the indicator (size 0.15) from x0 to x1 -it will equal 384 pixels and all values are bound to the centre of the XYjoystick position cross.).

See...

i'm guessing the same goes with this window...

Cheers!

Its a whole different thing compared to moving the Radio-menu :P

Tip:

First set the wished Size - and than place it where you want it. - Because resizing it will change the relative position again , and you have to start over again.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks again PeterP, I will try your suggestions as soon as i can.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
OK, Pitbull- You are a lucky guy!;) - I had a some time on my hands for a deeper look - and I found the right triggers that are responsible for the placement of the control indicator in the cockpit-view. :)

(BTW : I took me only 7min to find the right lines..;) be warned that will also change the position of the CTRL-Indicator in the "HUD-only" view")

... here we go:

This works fine in the current version of World.

For the Ka-50 the file ControlsIndicator_page.lua is in

<install path>DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator

Thanks again PeterP. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 year later...