Thrustmaster HOTAS Flaps switch?

EasyEB

Hi all!

I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS, I used the standard profile that is hidden in the game files and all is well. Except for the flaps. When I started it up first time I was already in flight and thought that the flaps weren't mapped (of course, it was because I was going to fast). I remapped them without thinking but couldn't find any settings for "up/mvr/dn" so I mapped them so that the "dn" is "flaps down" and "up" is "flaps up". But that kind of feels wrong, so I just wanted to check if the flaps switch is supposed to work with "up/mvr/dn"?

If so, how can I map it so? I can not reload the profile as there seems to be some glitch with my game, clicking "load profile" does nothing.

Cheers!

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog should automatically be mapped to the flaps correctly, even though it may not show up in the key bindings. That said, the file you seem to be looking for is actually a .lua file. this isn't exactly how it works but I've been told that it kind of works like this. It tells the game that the selector is a 3 way switch, on(a)|off|on(b). on(a) tells it to retract flaps, off tells it to be in mvr and on(b) tells it to be full flaps.

I couldn't tell you how to edit the .lua file, i don't mess with that stuff and my Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog works fine for me. You may want to consider repairing your game or deleting your profile and starting over. If that doesn't fix it, a reinstall may be what you need to do.

-Damien

Edited by Damien

If it helps, the HOTAS Warthog flaps switch is set up like 2 buttons. When it is in MVR the neither switch is pressed. When it is in UP, Button 22 on the controller is held in. When it is down, Button 23 is held in instead.

You should be able to start with it in MVR, and set "Toggle Flaps Up" and "Toggle Flaps down" on the controls page under ALL. I am not sure if that will allow the proper functionality for MVR position though.

Hi EasyEB,

I try to give my two cents, but Damien pretty said it all.

I have also a TM Warthog HOTAS and never had this problem, since everything is already genuinely mapped for this device.

What you could do is save what you have in C:\windows\user\you user name\saved games\DCS under a different name, then restart DCS world and see what's going on. A new DCS folder should be created in the 'saved games' one.

In principle, your settings are saved in the path said above (with a diff.lua format).

IMHO, you should not have to map this function (Flaps) in the option panel.

Take care also to select the 'sim' character of the plane you want to fly with and not the 'easy' one.

One more thing, be advised that the flaps won't extend if your IAS is above 200 kts (at least for the A-10C).

Hoping that this will help you.

Cheers

Laurius

Edited by Laurius
I'm glad you could make it !!

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80