Lost my trim in A10C after patch?

joebloggs

I'm not sure where to post this, but since patching the Sim I have lost trim in the A10C. I use Thrustmaster Wartog Hotas and have tried to manually set the trim controls in the A10C Sims settings in-game. It does allow me set these controls and also when I'm in the sim I see the hat moving that controls trim. However, it has no effect and I'm at a loss what to do. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Edit: I've tried a repair of DCS now and also set a keyboard key as trim just to test and make sure it wasn't my joystick. I'm still getting the same thing though. The trim hat will move in-game but there is no trim. Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or what else I should try?

Edited by joebloggs

Make sure the Trim Hat is not double-assigned in the A-10C Sim Options. Particularly, see if the default Views are still mapped.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Make sure the Trim Hat is not double-assigned in the A-10C Sim Options. Particularly, see if the default Views are still mapped.

WC

I checked and it isn't doubled assigned. I also tried to see if it would work using the Beta exe to start the Sim, but it's the same in beta mode. Not sure what you mean by seeing if default views are still mapped? I use Track IR so I cleared some views and it has never caused me a problem. But I'm not sure what you mean by this?

So this isn't a bug it's just my game?

I fixed it. Turns out it didn't like my my Microsoft Sidewinder plugged in at the same time. Even though I cleared all Sidewinder profiles out of the A10C settings in-game. I have just disabled the Sidewinder using a program called USB Deview.

The Trim Hat is assigned to cockpit views by default, for folks who do not have a TrackIR type device.

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.