Where is cctvs remote control panel?

Jateu

Are you referring to the TGP (targeting pod ) which uses CCD sensor ? or the maverick targeting page?

i suggest you go over the training missions in the A10C , also make sure you know what controls you use for slewing the target cursor .

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"CCTV remote control panel"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THIS IS GOLD!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It's just above the emergency hand brake and looks like a little box with 1 vertical and 1 horizontal switch. It's the HUD camera control and is inactive to the best of my knowledge.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124645

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1705625

If you don't mind the suggestion: training videos might seem like a shortcut, but when it comes down to it, there are no effective shortcuts.. they'll all leave you short changed. There are some great vids out there, no doubt, I really enjoy Gary Abbot's vids but I would recommend you start with the manual and end with the vids.. it will save you time in the end. If you start with the vids, you'll undoubtedly end up in the manual eventually. If you don't read the whole thing before using it as a reference you are without context.

From a previous post:

The A-10C manual may seem like dry reading at first, but once you have the self discipline to sit and read it you'll find it's invaluable.

The fact is, you have two options:

RTFM - 80% within 30 days - Spend a couple of days to read the manual. You don't have to memorize it. You should just scan it so you'll have the info in your head to connect the dots.. and it will be a much more useful reference in the future. After reading the manual, look for other sources to bring the subsystems familiarization you gained to practical use.

Click Learn/Vids/Ask People - 60% within 180 days - Click learning is possible in a lot of games and sims these days.. this is not one of them. There are extremely useful aspects of the aircraft sensors and capabilities that people don't generally discuss. You may never find that critical component, that for you, makes you effective in every sortie you fly.

I've read the manual several times and will probably do it again.. it's really good. I'm confident that it's the reason why my sorties contain no hesitation.. only devastation.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I don't understand this WildBill? Were you trying to make the question sound stupid or yourself? Its a valid question with a valid answer. Even if it wasn't, what's your point?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

its not stupid but his choice if he is referring to TGP or DVADR as CCTV made me laugh. I wasn't sarcastic either. In reality as I read the title I choked on my morning tea. :D

Don't be melodramatic.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have to say I am with Puma on this one.

How would you like it if someone ridiculed a question you asked? Treat people with the respect you'd like them to treat you with. If you have nothing positive to say, then kindly keep your thoughts to yourself.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, the stupid people are the ones who don't ask for fear of sounding daft. In this case he was asking a perfectly reasonable question. The fact that the panel in question doesn't have any effect on the simulation is neither here nor there. It exists, it has a function in a real A-10C, and therefore it is relevant, don't you agree?

ahh forget it.. OP sorry if you felt ridiculed by my post.

Thanks all for reply.

I had noticed a lot of so called training videos do not cover real life training. So I decided to by maple leaf missions. I was rather blown away buy the distinct lack of information these so called training videos give. Thanks for the defence everyone. The whole idea is to be able to ask quite literally stupid questions to get the answers you need to continue your learning. My father has always said the questions not asked are the stupid ones.

Again thank you for all your time and help.

Jateu

Foot note to Wildbill. I like that you have jumped on to the fact my mobile has auto correct and is not set to dcs A-10c dictionary. I look forward to seeing you on the battle field.

Edited by Jateu

You are correct Jateu. There is loads of info about how the systems function but nothing on how they are to be employed.

Anyhow, I guess the best option is to join a hi-fidelity online squadron and/or watch youtube vids on things like how to enter a proper dive to put that pipper on target quickly, then what to do after you've done that so you can survive to brag about it.

Good luck! See you in the wild blue yonder!

DrDetroit

its not stupid but his choice if he is referring to TGP or DVADR as CCTV made me laugh. I wasn't sarcastic either. In reality as I read the title I choked on my morning tea. :D

Don't be melodramatic.

CCTVS is the technical term for it (isn't it?) which is utilized in the actual manual so I don't understand what's funny about it.

Hey, I say the following not in anger but with the intention of opening intelligent dialog with intelligent people. And that's not a stretch, I would say DCS attracts some of the most intelligent people in the gaming/sim community. This post is about personal responsibility, morale, and continuity... it's not about calling anyone out.

As a community I think we need to attempt to communicate with one another with a spirit of intelligent and mutually beneficial discourse. Yeah, WBK posted a response with too much assumption and not enough patience.. and he clearly admitted that. He jumped on what he thought was a question formed without forethought or research.. he thought OP was referring to the targeting pod vid by calling it closed circuit television. WBK is often very helpful and patient.. I know I've benefited from his help. My point here is this; as much as we need to be patient and foster an environment of intelligent discourse and high moral, we also need to read through entire posts and cut each other some slack.. especially when someone graciously admits that they were wrong. All too often we see posts where someone makes a small mistake (no surprise, most of us aren't U.S. Military Aviators after all) and people jump their ass with brutal glee to point out their mistake with haughty superiority. We each one of us have to resist the urge to respond like this, and instead remember that the DCS community isn't a manual we visit as individuals to gain knowledge... it's a community that we collectively embody and direct.

I know.. that sounds pretty corny.. but you know we all want that comradery.. but we don't all always realize that we ourselves have to create it.

Let's each of us take personal responsibility for maintaining this community of like minded virtual pilots that ED has provided us. I say this not with pointed finger, but with humble request.

• Like 3

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Thank you StrongHarm for your kind input. However I feel you have sided with wild bill because he's a helpful guy. Unfortunately the view I have is not to judge and that's clearly what he has done. Now I really couldn't care if he was the site owner no one has any right to put anyone down that is learning. And I mean anyone no matter how many post they have made! Especially when Wildbill didn't even apologise but rather shrugged it off because of the heat he had been taking. I totally agree with your view that we are all here to help and support. I agree whole heartedly with Wreaking crew that it's beers all round and we should be enjoying this community. I look forward to reading more later.

Jateu

StrongHarm I apologise if your looking for intelligence as I don't regard my self as such due to the fact that I have severe learning difficulties and problems with reading. So I'm afraid you will not be getting a intelligent conversation from me.

Just to clarify, the actual correct name of the system is:

Color Cockpit Television Sensor (CCTVS)/Digital Video Airborne Data Recorder (DVADR)

The panel in question is simply called:

Remote Control Panel

I don't think it's a lol moment but I also think people need to get a little thicker skin.

Jateu, we're in agreement... as is WBK, who did in fact apologize (see quote). If we read through the entire post we can contribute, if not intelligently (to your point.. sorry for your struggle) then at least in an informed manner. I just really think that after he apologized we didn't have to pile on 10 more posts about how it was a dick move.. and on the other side of the coin we (I'm guilty too) need to be careful about how we point out people's misunderstanding of the sim (as WBK did in error.. but apologized for). I'm not taking sides.. as I readily admit to being guilty on both sides of that coin from time to time. Read my post again please, and consider trying not to default to disagreement, but at least take the time to consider what I'm saying. This forum is full of people with a passion for realistic milsims.. how much more like minded could we be? I just think we should keep it in mind when we interact. There's no argument to be had here.

OP sorry if you felt ridiculed by my post.

Thank you StrongHarm for your kind input. However I feel you have sided with wild bill because he's a helpful guy. Unfortunately the view I have is not to judge and that's clearly what he has done. Now I really couldn't care if he was the site owner no one has any right to put anyone down that is learning. And I mean anyone no matter how many post they have made! Especially when Wildbill didn't even apologise but rather shrugged it off because of the heat he had been taking. I totally agree with your view that we are all here to help and support. I agree whole heartedly with Wreaking crew that it's beers all round and we should be enjoying this community. I look forward to reading more later.

Jateu

StrongHarm I apologise if your looking for intelligence as I don't regard my self as such due to the fact that I have severe learning difficulties and problems with reading. So I'm afraid you will not be getting a intelligent conversation from me.

StrongHarm you are very correct in what you say. I can understand that we all have a responsibility to respect other and help where we can. I find it hard with my learning issue day to day and flying is the one thing I am comfortable and passionate about.

Press on brother.. and reap the reward. I'm right there with ya. I have a prosthetic, but there's a medal on my license plate not a handicap symbol... that's just who we are and how we do. If you've functionally overcome learning how to operate something as complex as the Warthog, it seems to me that you've refused to let it define you and wooped it's ass proper. There's more than one way to be a warrior.

Have you looked at joining an online Squadron Jateu?

There is a huge amount of knowledge out there, and the guys you fly with can really help sort out stuff you've yet to discover, or have problems with.

You may find it a little daunting at first, but just go and say hello on some of the Teamspeak equipped servers, and you'll soon find a bunch of fliers you get along well with.

Come on guys chillax! It was really stupid of me not knowing the other name CCTVS. I am not a real pilot (I really wish I was), but enjoy being here to help. Certainly I had gripes before but lets not turn it to sides were all friends and benefit from each others knowledge. Jateau I am sorry again. Come on fellas, drop it!

• Like 1

+1 how many times does WildBillKelsoe have to apologize, I think there should be more humor on the forum. Sometimes I think were all so uptight it would be good if we had a hobby.....

What about flying or flight sims ......

Hi all.

I agree with wild bill it's time to chillax and enjoy our flying. Adrian don't quite know where your coming from but we have all kissed and made up. And are all in agreement that the silly matter is now forgotten about. And as you can see I have apologised to wild bill for my comments. So once again to all thank you for your guidance and support. I hope to see you all up in the virtual sky destroying everything in sight lol.

• Like 1