A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users.

PeterP

PeterP, I just tried using common monitor lua file for A-10C and Ka-50 and it works, I even used propper resolutions and had A-10C exporting to low 8" screens and for Ka-50 other combnation of 7" and 8" screen... I have to use total resolution of all monitors now (for me that's 2720x1800) which is not too bad but I can't use HDR any more as it's still messed up and streching over total game resolution.

I used original ABRIS_init.lua file and just changed line 40 to read: try_find_assigned_viewport("ABRIS")

I used original SHKVAL_init.lua file and just changed line 18 to read: try_find_assigned_viewport("Shkval")

Now I need to get that comms menu tweak to main monitor as comms menus are on my touchscreen now... and I haven't tried MP yet... will do so shortly.

Monitor Config file looks like this:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('COMMON - Keep HDR Off');

Description = 'Configuration Including All Aircraft';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 143;

y = 1260;

width = 555;

height = 555;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1235;

y = 1258;

width = 555;

height = 555;

}

Shkval =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 800;

height = 600;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 1255;

y = 1275;

width = 510;

height = 515;

}

GUI=

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited post #1 again and added this bug to point#1:

Shallow water doesn't match with coastline

1. When you use a smaller aspect-ratio than 1 you have missing Sea-textures:

Spoiler:

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x614.

65.jpg

>>> More info and workaround for it: paperclip.gif subscribed.gif A-10c 1.1.1.1 water disappears

...But, this workaround sadly triggers another bug....

>>> Shallow water doesn't match with coastline

Thanks Kuky!!

Can you post the results in this thread first. >>>DCS World and Multiple screen setups.

As this answers petty well this thread.

And please tell if you used a SP mission with only clients - as this simulates pretty well a MP session. when you switch slots via the in-game briefing menu.

And specify/eloberate what you mean with "Now I need to get that comms menu tweak to main monitor as comms menus are on my touchscreen now"

AFAIK - there is up to now no known tweak to get the comms menu moving for DCS:World

Listed as point#2:

2. When you have additional exports in the right top corner of your whole in-game render resolution you can't use the Communication-menu properly.

Spoiler:

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x614.Screen_120522_134021.jpg

>>> More info of it : moving the comms menu

Possible solution: Bind communication menu to the "UIMainView" - like it was done in 1.1.1.1 and/or to which view-port the user wants.

Edited by PeterP

Edited post #1 again and confirmed that we found a robust solution for point#5:

Please Enable the "render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT," for all exports by default, and switch on the possibility to export them in the appropriate *_init.lua by default.

So Threads like this will have an end:

Exported all my A-10C displays in DCS World - mostly

And add this exports to the "MonitorSetup".Lua. - so newbies will have a better time.

BTW: this relates: Annotation in frequently user-changed Files

This can look like this:

Example for the 1Screen.lua (see attachment):

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Export example');

Description = 'Export example';

Viewports =

-- You will have to determine the area for the MP/SP GUI

-- uncomment to use custom Export functions. Just delete "--]]" and "--[[" before and after a export

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

GUI=

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

--[[

{

x = 0;

y = 600;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

--]]

RIGHT_MFCD =

--[[

{

x = 500;

y = 600;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

--]]

CMSC_SCREEN =

--]]

{

x = 800;

y = 0;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

--]]

CMSP_SCREEN =

--[[

{

x = 1100;

y = 0;

width = 300;

... and so on...

UIMainView = GUI

I made a file package that did exactly this already for DCS:A-10c 1.1.1.1

>>> enabling Cockpit Exports in DCS-A10

I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be done by default to all modules.

Further - add unique names for the exports like "A-10C_RIGHT_MFCD" instead only "RIGHT_MFCD". As this will get more and more a problem when we get new modules and use different "monitorSetup.lua's" for each module ore even combine them like described here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1466722#post1466722

Edit: We made some tests and it is confirmed that there is no problem to configuring a file setting that works for all modules without the need to switch "MonitorSetup.lua" during a MP session when entering different module.

>>> DCS World and Multiple screen setups.

So it can be made as default to prevent many confusing, and headaches for us!

Edit:

Even more progress!

Kuky found a workaround for point#2:

moving the comms menu

Edited by PeterP

Hey I found one more thing you could use if you use more than 1 monitor... it always annoyed me that loading window is streched across all screens and I just found workaround for that as well and now the Loading Screen is on my main monitor only :D

Edit following file (use Notepad++):

...DCS World/Scripts/UI/ProgressBarDialog.lua

Line 24 change from:

window:setBounds(0, 0, screenWidth, screenHeight)
to:

window:setBounds(0, 0, 1920, 1200) <-- here specify resolution of your main monitor

Edited by Kuky

I also found a way to get StatusBar to show on main monitor only (I'm on a good run today :D)

...DCS World/Scripts/UI/StatusBarDialog.lua

Line 29 change from:

window:setBounds(0, screenHeight - h, screenWidth, h)
to:

window:setBounds(0, 1200 - h, 1920, h) <-- here specify resolution of your main monitor

Edited by Kuky

I also found a way to get StatusBar to show on main monitor only (I'm on a good run today :D)

...DCS World/Scripts/UI/StatusBarDialog.lua

Line 29 change from:

window:setBounds(0, screenHeight - h, screenWidth, h)

to:

window:setBounds(0, 1200 - h, 1920, h) <-- here specify resolution of your main monitor

Line 29 change from:

to:

And set in line 33 your screenWidth to have the time show up correctly.

from this

window.time:setPosition(screenWidth - w, y, w, h)

To this:

window.time:setPosition(1920 - w, y, w, h)<-- here specify Width of your main monitor

Example on a 1024x768 camera-view-port and a 800x600 "main-screen size"

Screen_120527_091526.jpg

BTW: Very nice!!

I have found also similar things regarding the F10 view - how about opening a new thread "How to:moving the info bar, comms-menu, and F10 view items" to collect our findings ?

I have to tell both of you, Pete P and Kuky, Its guys like you that take the time to share with the rest of us..that make flying that much more fun..I thank you ..IF YOU GUYS LIVED IN THE STATES you would get a BEER and a STEAK from me:megalol:...:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Hey, thanks! :)

Not joking-

I told my wife that I have to visit within next two Years the U.S.

Just because I have so many inventions (via PM) - I helped them out after they where sitting for days in front of the console , ...absolute desperate... ,without knowing what to do.

So , once I'm there, I will rent a small caravan and add you to my "Visit" list. - and I also invite Kuky to join me any-time!

Muhaha - can you imagine - .... Free beer and steak each night... :D

Edited by PeterP

So , once I'm there, I will rent a small caravan and add you to my "Visit" list. - and I also invite Kuky to join me any-time!

Muhaha - can you imagine - .... Free beer and steak each night... :D

Dr. Frank-N-Furter's Traveling Show. Coming to a city near you soon!

Sounds like a plan to me!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That sounds like a plan :thumbup: If you make it to Sunny Florida :drink::drunk::chef::beer::cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Thanks Peter! Great post! I am fighting with a lot of those issues since my cockpit got kinda flyable in its progress.

I wanna add the minor but funny bug that exists since lomac...the white (now smaller or dark sometimes) line on the ground that's locked to the screen/cam in vertical axis :D

Oh and stop by for a beer in case you cross L.A. they have even Koelsch and some other german brands here :) ...taste slightly different though for some reason.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I Updated point#2

I added what's in bold:

2. When you have additional exports in the right top corner of your whole in-game render resolution you can't use the Communication-menu properly.

Same goes to the resources management window "rearm".

This is a very big issue - as it really makes it impossible to use the simulation as intended, as some windows won't be reachable when you have build yourself a pit.

And while you are on it - do the same with the F-10 map view!! - It is always stretched at the whole in game- resolution

This needs urgent attention.

>>> More info and workarounds : moving the comms menu / Show mission resources management window / How to move the status bar?

Possible solution: Bind sub menus to the "UIMainView" - like it was done in 1.1.1.1 and/or to which view-port the user wants.

Edited by PeterP

Can't add to your Rep (yet again) but great work PeterP, I just hope the devs are taking this all in and that they correct it for the eventual release.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

• 4 weeks later...

It is a bit disappointing that there is not even an acknowledgement for Peter's post. Are these issues on the table for a patch?

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

It is a bit disappointing that there is not even an acknowledgement for Peter's post. Are these issues on the table for a patch?

...its not as bad as you may think.

I PMed the thread-URL to the whole QA team at the same day I opened this thread...

...and I got a somewhat "acknowledgement" via PM back.

So be assured that "They" had a look and are aware of our problems.

But it doesn't say anything if this will be fixed or in which time-frame. - it was just a simple "thank you". ;)

But it doesn't say anything if this will be fixed or in which time-frame. - it was just a simple "thank you". ;)

Well, you gotta realise from where we are right now in the dev cycle that the team may not have lot of wiggle room to pick up unexpected "extras" as they go and spend a lot of time with them right now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

These are not extras at all!

This is a flight sim so it should handle handle according setups especially when they include advertising for TH2Go etc.

But yes it is in beta so they have other priorities at the moment I guess.

Still the purpose to let us test is to report bugs...that's what this thread is.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

-->

Hi, Sobek.

Here is a quote from another thread that should give you a insight how I think about this whole Multi-monitor thingy.

And you sure can read it as a in-direct response to your posting.

In short : I give up!

>>> HDR Sun Glare Missalignment

Kuky,

I don't want to sound cheeky ... (but I have the feeling I will wink.gif)

Where did you read that DCS is supporting Multi-monitors of different sizes. ?!

The only thing you find in the manual is this:

Gui Manual A-10C Page 16:

M-sourport.jpg

And when we put this apart we only have the info that DCS spreads the render equally on all monitors.

And that's exactly what we are having.music_whistling.gif

So there is nothing wrong with DCS. - it's simply our expectation that are too high !

And the only M-monitor support I can see is driven by the Community and not by ED.

Just look at all the threads where people asking for help - and what "we" do to get things working.

-Point-

Again very sarcastic:

Maybe the terms of admission for a Beta-tester is to only Use one screen and none of this "exotic" Monitor-settings ... tongue.gif

And postings like this seems to confirm this:

>>> A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users. - ED Forums

Originally Posted by PeterP viewpost.gif

But it doesn't say anything if this will be fixed or in which time-frame. - it was just a simple "thank you". wink.gif

Well, you gotta realise from where we are right now in the dev cycle that the team may not have lot of wiggle room to pick up unexpected "extras" as they go and spend a lot of time with them right now.

...It really must be a false assumption of us that a Flightsim is the right platform for utilising more than one monitor... because a setting like this seems to be "unexpected".

So just don't let us expect any more "extras".

(...)

... just cut down your expectations a little. - and than it will be much harder to be disappointed.

smilewink.gif

I decided to not chase after the fixes any more - it is just to tiresome and time-consuming...

I just felt too often like being "Don Quijote" and fighting against windmills when spending a whole night just to get a menu item moving 300px to the left...

Yeah - Stupid me! biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Added two new points to the first posting regarding Combined-Arms and the "MonitorSetup".lua :

9. The whole Combined arms interface isn't usable at all when having Multi-monitors enabled.

Biggest problems are the Bino-View and the Map.

OK- some will say : "Just use a One monitor setting for CA!"

Thanks for the advise! ;) but how about jumping between the A-10 and a commander seat?

Should I really put all my hardware in the trash-bin because of this...?!

Example:

Bino View with multi-screen Setup

Click> attachment.php?attachmentid=68008&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1342024903 < Click

Map covering all monitors.

Workaround:

Only workaround up to now is to use SoftTH with DCS -

SoftTH has the function to draw all content that is spread among other screens at your main screen by using a hot-key : [AppKey+S]

So you can jump in a A-10 and spread everything like usual - and when you change to a commander position - you can bring everything at a single screen without much hassle.

Learn more in this thread: SoftTH NEWS

10. Please add something like this in your manual:

Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“

To make clear what this multi-monitor-thingy is all about in DCS.

Feel free to copy it as a whole or use portions and /or even edit it.

So not all upcoming customers will stand first clueless in the weeds as I did at the beginning of my journey on your train.

Edited by PeterP

Dear developer ......

I started with A-10 last year in autum. I figured around and started using Helios on a separate touchscreen like many other people do.

You came along with the Mustang, nice gimmick. I bought it just to support you and your products.

You came along with World. Nice idea, I try to use it since the beta .... to support you.

You came along with the final of World and CA ... I bought even I never saw a tank or whatever from the inside ... just to support you.

Now I am trying to use A-10 with one mainscreen and the touchscreen with Helios, use the Mustang and the SU using both monitors to display the cockpit ... but it seems to be hard dealing with all the .lua stuff. I am not a programmer, you are ! There is a great communitie supporting you but it would be helpfull if you make a small step in direction of your community and users and do soemthing on this "monitor topic".

i386, Spectrum and Amiga are historie ... modern computers do have several monitors ... even my boring office pc@work has 3 monitors ....

Support it , please !!

It would be bad if people like PeterP stop their free, gratis work with and for the community due to no reply.

Thank you.

• Like 1

very...VERY well said! I second that!

I bought everything without even flying all, now please at least finish the basic requirements a sim should have so we can enjoy your work in an appropriate way.

• Like 1

Moments in DCS:

-->