LEAVU development phase, coding MPCD graphics

RvEYoda

BY the way, is there any option are you able to make the option, to turn on/off the virtual frame with the buttons?

your outer frame might be redundant for those who actually have a physically frame with buttons...

i hope your application will all not only turn off the frame, but allow a controller/joystick functions work in conjunction with your buttons (that would have been in your virtual MFD frame)...

I plan on having keyboard input support yes, and you can use that with joysticks.

Good idea about removing the frame. We can have that as a setting or button or something.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check as often as I can Hannibal :)

Yesterday I had to fly all around the place cause we forgot to book enough airplane

tickets. Today who knows. You should contact me on msn also or icq.

It is so much faster

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Here is a little sneak of Leavu 2.0

This picture is taken From Lofc 2 ( but i run pretty low gaphics during tests ).

I asked for permission before releasing this picture.

dl.PNG

• Like 1

This looks awesome dude.

Questions... sorry if I've missed the obvious but I've just read the full 18 pages and may not have understood everything.

In your example picture above, if you and your wingman were both to turn cold, would those two contacts on your HSD remain or disappear? Ie does it require a radar to be painting that picture?

Can you actually target anything on the HSD that flows back into the sim, or is it just showing you what you've already targeted via radar?

What's beneath the blacked out bit of that screenshot ??? :-D

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

This looks awesome dude.

Questions... sorry if I've missed the obvious but I've just read the full 18 pages and may not have understood everything.

In your example picture above, if you and your wingman were both to turn cold, would those two contacts on your HSD remain or disappear? Ie does it require a radar to be painting that picture?

Yes it does (there is a timeout, so once you turn off the radar you still have the contacts for a short time)

Can you actually target anything on the HSD that flows back into the sim, or is it just showing you what you've already targeted via radar?

The latter.

The big, shiny, red, top secret 'PWNMIG' button :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I have actually got a 2way communication set up, and LEAVU can send

commands to lockon ;). But at this point no specific commands are implemented,

but the framework is there should we want to enable it.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

maybe my secret datalink software... ;)

hostText.PNG

chat.png

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

You don't need to have the server exports enabled.

This uses OWNSHIP data ... strictly and only OWNSHIP data.

To put this another way: This will work, tacview won't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

LEAVU will work like teamspeak -sort of- it uses its own data independently and outside from the server.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

right, so it doesn't need export lua enabled then again my main question still stands... is this going to be part of everyone's game (part of the game) or a mod people can use if they like (and know about)? Also is there a way for server to disable use if it (if it's a mod)?

No longer active in DCS...

I don't think there's an easy way to disable it ... and why should they? It's basically screwing everyone with a pit mod over.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It uses lua exports Kuky, but it doesnt use any global export.

Only what your instruments tell you is used.

Looking great! Nice update to your original 1.0. Are there any issues with textures fading out in game now that you switched to Java?

Really nice of you to be putting all this work into what will be a great extra bonus for players!

No texture flashing in Java+OpenGL on my GTX260 or Hd4870! :)

I don't know what to say, see the thing is if this same data is displayed in same form within the game then I don't see a problem if someone uses this software to display same data on second screen, my concern is if with this software you can display stuff you cannot see in regular game... I don't wanna spoil the fun but I do worry about this

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Like what?

Seriously, enough outta you :D

Yeah, maybe a flanker guy can make himself a US like RWR ... *shrug* TBH, while it tweaks my WTF button, at this point I just roll my eyes at it. So they got Pastel upgrade, meh :D

I don't know what to say, see the thing is if this same data is displayed in same form within the game then I don't see a problem if someone uses this software to display same data on second screen, my concern is if with this software you can display stuff you cannot see in regular game... I don't wanna spoil the fun but I do worry about this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't forget to make the Data Link LOS...

I wish :).

how do you propose we do it?

cant just raytrace everything, will be too slow.

it is possible to build a altitude map of the world to do this,

but it should be low prio imo

Yoda, any chance of using SOAP webservice for comms rather than socket? (also posted this suggestion on leavu kenai chat). I can show you how to do, its much more flexible than doing socket client-server (you can easily send structured objects if you want). Allows clients (pit-modders etc) to access the LEAVU interfaces using .NET, Python, PHP, Lua etc. (if they haven't yet come around to the awesomness of platform-independent and fast Java).

> [Crunch] Looking great! Nice update to your original 1.0. Are there any issues with textures fading out in game now that you switched to Java?

See, told ya Java+JoGL good :)

Offtopic: LMAO! Nice one Sven!

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Edited by Moa

Yoda, any chance of using SOAP webservice for comms rather than socket? (also posted this suggestion on leavu kenai chat). I can show you how to do, its much more flexible than doing socket client-server (you can easily send structured objects if you want). Allows clients (pit-modders etc) to access the LEAVU interfaces using .NET, Python, PHP, Lua etc. (if they haven't yet come around to the awesomness of platform-independent and fast Java).

> [Crunch] Looking great! Nice update to your original 1.0. Are there any issues with textures fading out in game now that you switched to Java?

See, told ya Java+JoGL good :)

Offtopic: LMAO! Nice one Sven!

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea

Region

Hi Moa, unlikely to go SOAP. Tried it for work. Actually use it to provide an OpenCL Raytracer service through java :P

however i am already sending objects over maintained sockets rather than strings

It rocks. :D

Have not committed the build because im not finished with rewriting everything yet.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda