LEAVU development phase, coding MPCD graphics

RvEYoda

Unless it is not an offical part of the game core itself, which is just exported to MFDs and such, it remains a 3rd party advantage tool (cheat-app) ...period. No dicussuion, because it is as simple as that.

(Tek: take it as compliment splashing bandits "knowing" they have better "weapons" , that is how i would think about it)

Edited by A.S
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this grate 3d party mod get released it has to be possible that server decides if its on or not.

So Yoda try to get that fixed I would say that is the main priority, other wise its a grate idea.

The only problem is you have already showed the community the way. witch you should not be proud of.

But I guise it relives your self consins GG, Yoda.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

That´s correct!

Appreciate his work, but question the consequences. They built the nuke in good believe, but it wiped out a whole city.

allow me an add which i just typed in HL:

it is a common thing to read out and export datas to external devices (pit-builders), but not to create a tool, which can read out and calculate more datas then it is meant to be from the core itself...

which also creates later an "onboard-awacs" (funey spoken) picture at will...

In shooter collectives also called "wall-hack" :D

You should suggest your principles to DCS to be implemented ingame..for everyone and as fundamental systems, not 3rd party BigBrother-App.

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems whatever ANYONE does make some people unhappy. Yet another reason I don't play online any more.

Just give me skin mods/terrain mods and I'll stay happy.

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

:noexpression:I have invited to my private server for training (small group) with other non-mainstream non-community pilots. Some mutual requirements are:

1) Must have your wingman(s) present

2) Must have TrackIR / HOTAS

3) Must have DataLink Up or at least connected to someone in the flight / or it is turned off completely in some cases

4) Must Have been through SOP's

5) Teams are balanced for scenario setup etc...

Basically it is fair by way of making sure everyone is similar in setup. If someone does not have the mutal requirements and they still want to fight then its ok as long as they understand. A public server does not have this option that easily, and I doubt there will be a public Datalink only server with a warning that Datalink is encouraged etc...

So in my world since I don't often get into a lone wolf/public server. The DataLink is alot of good times to implement with those I fly with..... Some are from the Falcon World. :noexpression:

Does this help the post? Does this comment help the HL community? Maybe not,.... but Yoda thanks for the hard work. I think you did a great job on the LEAVU. I think the can of worms cannot be avoided for the public server issue, unless a solution is found for public server control, which I do understand and can sympathize. I wouldn't doubt you being the only one who does this type of work, but you are one that has made it public for the good of everyone. Talented work if I may say so.

But no matter what, I am SIMPLY SAYING thanks for the hard work and many hard hours you have put into LEAVU, and the previous mods you have made such as the HUD IFF Blink that alot of the community uses.... :noexpression:

You are passionate at what you do, and I enjoy flying with you.... :noexpression:

Edited by 44th_Rooster

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First, we should create a team of our own red programmers and start "program warfare" against Yoda!

:thumbup:

Second, we should hire few spies to sneak into Yoda's garage :detective:

and sabotage his CPU :crash:

Any further effort from Yoda or any blue team developers should be treated with :poster_ban:and their work studied and flushed down the drain :pain:

Yoda must be restricted of accessing anything bigger than a pocket calculator!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:helpsmilie: :)

I would love to see you implement red side graphics for LEAVU.

It is not a "blue side mod".

It is a framework for external avionics, and you can use it to program

for any plane. I chose to start with modules for F-15. Maybe you want to do

Su27? GG spoke earlier about making a su27 datalink page.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

... I'm not worried, he 29 break down and be unable to take off anyway. ;)

I am, however, amused by your imaginative way of coercing testimonies :D

Annex:

Gray Ghost should be given a ride in a MiG-29, hanging from a centerline pylon, MiG-29 should be IFR certified so it can stay airborne 'til GGT admits that MiG-29 is far better than F-22!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yoda, GG, as I've mentioned to you both, I think the datalink is a great idea and I'm amazed at the level of work you've gone into. Properly implemented, it's going to be awesome. But the 51st guys are right to say you are opening a can of worms. Please correct me in the technical department if I'm mis-understanding how you're coding it...

If it cannot be enabled/disabled server side, then everyone who doesn't agree with it's implementation is going to consider it a cheat. You might not agree with them, but they will. Now if half the community considers it a cheat, it will DESTROY lock on online. Accusations of cheating will be rife, even more so than they are now with accusations of people modifying graphics, weird mods etc. There are about 4 guys in my squad who stopped flying lock on all together already over the cheating issues.

It needs to be something enabled and disabled server side. I understand you are saying that is out of your control with the security issue, whether or not it will be fixed by ED with 2.0 etc. The one thing you CAN control is, whether or not you release this mod. I'd suggest that if ED leaves LUA exporting as is, and you release LEAVU with a significant part of the community calling "cheat", you will be destroying 2.0's online life before it even begins. It would be a great dis-service to yourself, and counter productive to what you are trying to achieve with LEAVU.

Remember, I love your mod! But it needs to be above reproach.

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Yoda, GG, you guys have lost the plot... Yoda, thanks for ruining MP for 1.12 and now that's for doing the same for FC 2.0

ED, if you don't allow the option to disable lua export you might as well say good by to MP in FC 2.0 because this has gone too far and Yoda and GG are way out of line...

• Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

If someone can think of a way to disable dlink then im all ears tbh.

It's not like we havent thought about it. Rather the project being open source,

someone can always change their version and compile it to remove that control.

If anyone can think of a way to have the game server disable data link ....in some way

tell us and we'll try to implement it.

Right ok Kuky, how did I ruin Fc 1.12 ?

Kuky you do know I released a Fc1.12 solution for completely disabling all lua, from server side?

( this was the same time as I released LRM )

Yes and oh this "Yoda blew up Fc 1.12 by exposing the exploits". Well then. Did you ever consider my

purpose was a fix/patch ... ? Do you think me being allowed to contribute to beta team makes the chance

bigger or less of more exploits in FC2? I am currently doing my best to find problems, bugs and exploits,

that I can in FC2 beta. I wonder what do you think I'm doing. Do you really believe that I'm systematically

trying to ruin this game. That I have some hidden plan and there is some conspiracy to ruin everything

for everyone ...

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I might have been joking when I said it but if someone creates a countermeasure to LEAVU and DLink and create something similar for a Red side players MP would be more interesting than it is ATM.

IIRC engineering and reverse engineering was a thing in every warfare so why should LOFC be any different!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If someone can think of a way to disable dlink then im all ears tbh.

It's not like we havent thought about it. Rather the project being open source,

someone can always change their version and compile it to remove that control.

If anyone can think of a way to have the game server disable data link ....in some way

tell us and we'll try to implement it.

( this was the same time as I released LRM )

Good. I think the community would be grateful if you continued trying to sort that out before you release it.

Just think of events like Red Flag. Would be hard to get that to happen again if data link cannot be agreed on and is not controllable!

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

I might have been joking when I said it but if someone creates a countermeasure to LEAVU and DLink and create something similar for a Red side players MP would be more interesting than it is ATM.

IIRC engineering and reverse engineering was a thing in every warfare so why should LOFC be any different!

LEAVU can be used to produce red side graphics and instruments...:P

It was made for such a purpose.

Yoda, why don't you work on equipvalent for all other aircraft in parallel and not just F-15? Why don't you get all the correct info (as you say you always do) for all the flyables and do them at the same time. You know you can talk how you want to improve things, I don't believe you becasue you and GG have an agenda that you want to have F-15 with current capabilities... if this datalink is not part of the game then it's a cuper cheat and even if you don't release it to the public YOU STILL HAVE IT and everyone you fly with will surely have it also so you not releasing it publicly does not make it right... you need to take a hard look in the mirror and understand that you have ruined 1.12 because you publicly showed all flaws in the gamem and lot of them, if not all, you found them (and I wonder what you'd need to be doing in order tofind all these... its like you are not flying to practice real life tactics rather you want to know how can people not kill you so you can kill them...

ED is doing a suicide I think if this 3rd party moding and now software making does not stop... it's one thing to have datalink as part of the game and completely another to have someone like you making it and using by what YOU believe is correct... and the way your nature is showing you can very easily go even over that... who's to know you are to stop where you are now... gime a break.

One thing is sure for me... you have no idea how negative impact has what you are doing... and have been doing... you say you want to improve things and make them more realistic... then get the whole rest of the sim brought to the same level... and not just by making these 3rd party software... if it is that good and correct why don't ED chose to include it as part of the sim?

I thought about what makes something a cheat and I realise things like TrackIR or HOTAS are actually not cheats because they do not give any new abaility not already provided by the sim... if you don't have TrackIR you can still move your head around, more hard yes but you can do it, HOTAS has the ability to not need to take your hands of the stick and you can turn radar off/on etc... and again you can do the same with keyboard... but this thing... it is not part of the sim... there is no datalink between aircraft radars and you are making it and god know what else you have done or will do... so who's the one making things more realistic? reaslistic in sense you might have given the current F-15 abaility it might have... but the relative balance if faces in real life is disturbed... you have to bring all other parts of the sim to the same level of realism and not just your beloved F-15

If you want to do all the people a service... start working on all aircaft for the same thing and release it only as part of the sim, not a 3rd party software... or do give the ability to disable it... otherwise you can say goodby to LockOn MP...

• Like 1

The mod is for any plane you like Kuky. Read first post. LEAVU is a software to allow external avionics.

Someone could add a module for Su27 speed indicator if they wanted to.

The mfd page I made is a module for leavu

It is open source so anyone can make any new parts that they want, like adding red pages.

Why should I make instrument panels for aircraft I dont fly?

It is like making touch buddy panel for Su27 and then someone calls it cheat because

I didnt make it also for F-15. Makes no sense.

There are many ways to criticise and suggest changes to things, but the way you have done

it imo very poor taste.

All exploits I found in Fc 1.12, I found by watching others and replicating. We are working very hard

to get things sorted out in FC2. There are further exploits and issues which are even more severe that

the ED devs have been informed of. Some way more dangerous problems with Fc1.12 that could do

much worse damage.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Reason I say you should work on other aircraft is because if you only do the F-15 and it start to be used, where is the balance realism online? You do the F-15 and this and that, go online with your radar datalink and run away from aircraft and you can still see him on your screen, what he's doing, altitude, headin etc... and no one even knows what youre using... how can you even justify this kind of thing online as any fair?

If LEAVU destroys LOFC-MP we can go Warcraft :-)

Its destroyed along time ago due to different causes, but didnt stop people from coming back and FC 2.0 is coming online soon, theres hope :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P