DCS Mods structure : How to create your plugin from scratch

that explains a few things.

Can the suspension code be applied to a module still running SFM?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I tried to translate. Some defenition hard to translate because there is no en.Wiki page relative to ruWiki page.

{

damage_omega = 30.0, -- (deg?) speed threshold of jamming during impact of rotation limiter

state_angle_0 = 6.131341662, -- (deg?) designed angle of retracted gear with horizontal axis of plane

state_angle_1 = -2.995164152, -- (deg?) designed angle of released gear with vertical axis of plane

mount_pivot_x = -0.274, -- (m) X-coordinate of attachment to fuselage in body-axis system

mount_post_radius = 0.657, -- (m) distance from strut-axis to attachment point of piston to gear stand

mount_length = 0.604555117, -- (m) What is the difference between this and the post_radius? length of angle brace in retracted configuration

mount_angle_1 = -3.138548523, -- (deg?) length of Position (vector) from attaxhment point

post_length = 1.748, -- (m) distance from rotation-axis of strut to wheel-axis

wheel_axle_offset = 0.05, -- (m) displacement wheel axis relative to strut

self_attitude = false, -- true if gear is self-oriented (Alba or Yak-52 example)

amortizer_min_length = 0.0, -- (m) rate of (minimum spring lenght / minimum length of damper)

amortizer_max_length = 0.397, -- (m) same as previous but max length

amortizer_basic_length = 0.397, -- (m) rate of (spring length in free (without load) condition / damper length in free (without load) condition)

amortizer_spring_force_factor = 1.6e+13, -- (??) spring tension factor (see k Wik)

amortizer_spring_force_factor_rate = 20.0, -- (??) Степень probably not full comment

amortizer_static_force = 80000.0, -- (N?) static reaction force of damper

amortizer_reduce_length = 0.377, -- (m) total suspension compression distance in non-load condition

amortizer_direct_damper_force_factor = 45000.0, -- (??) damper of positive movement

amortizer_back_damper_force_factor = 15000.0, -- (??) damper of negative (reversed) movement

wheel_radius = 0.308, -- (m) Tire radius

wheel_static_friction_factor = 0.65 , -- (unitless) Static friction factor when wheel not moves

wheel_roll_friction_factor = 0.025, -- (unitless) Rolling friction factor when wheel not moves

wheel_damage_force_factor = 250.0, wheel cover (tire) strength force (not sure)

wheel_brake_moment_max = 15000, -- (N-m) Max braking moment torque

},

Now big question is how to add stopping force in EFM for each wheel?

Edited by BR=55=Sevas
  • Like 1

I tried to translate. Some defenition hard to translate because there is no en.Wiki page relative to ruWiki page.

Now big question is how to add stopping force in EFM for each wheel?

you need to increase roll_friction_factor (means lower pressure in tyre also) or use brakes with increased wheel_brake_moment_max

wheel_static_friction_factor = 0.65 , -- (unitless) Static friction factor when wheel not moves - means fully braked, wheels cant roll - static - therefore same highest value for side friction

wheel_glide_friction_factor = 0.28 , glide/slide friction factor when wheel not rolls/ not rotating but sliding - means fully braked, wheels cant roll - non static/aircraft is moving - therefore 2nd highest value

wheel_roll_friction_factor = 0.025, -- (unitless) Rolling friction factor when wheel moves - rotating/rolling/turning wheels - no brake - lowest value - all ok - plane rolling on taxiway

wheel_damage_force_factor = 250.0, when tyre is exploding - extreme hard landing

wheel_brake_moment_max = 15000, -- (N-m) Max braking moment torque but it not means tires cannot roll...it means max brake strength,

so if the plane is moving and the brake stopped wheel turning/rolling then will produce the glide_friction_factor values

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Wow, rock on SilentEagle, Sevas, and HungaroJet! Made my life a whole lot easier, thanks for sharing the knowledge!

Your welcome ;)

used glide_friction_factor here: full brake without ABS cause burning tires ...problem: no continous smokes @ main wheels :( (1st pic)

same problem both with A-10C and Ka-50: there are black burned tyre traces on concrete but without smoke effect when gliding/sliding

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=1556083&postcount=5989

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Hey guys

Anyway to let the model show up in mission editor??

I tryed the whole midday to get it in but no sucess, but the rest is working fine its showing up. As the icon, in the encyclopedic, and in the Logbook.

And got no Clue's left Help will be verry appreciated.

Vincent

PS. sorry for my bad English not my native language

My specs

Antec Dark Fleet Series DF-35 Mid Tower

ASUS Rampage IV Formula Republic of Gamers

Intel Core i7 3930K - 3.2 GHz

ASUS GTX660 TI

Kingston HyperX Genesis 16gb

SSD-Samsung 830 Series

Western Digital 2 tb

Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 - Liquid cooling

Thank you guys its working now :P

My specs

ASUS GTX660 TI

SSD-Samsung 830 Series

Western Digital 2 tb

Guys the animations are set on the aircraft how to get them working, cuzz when we replaced this model whit an flyable AI back in the days and it was working.

but since we got them now as a separate module the don't seem to work anymore.

How to get them working guys help would be verry appreciated

VBBJT_Pyrex

VirtuaLBlueBoltsJetTeam

• Like 1

My specs

ASUS GTX660 TI

SSD-Samsung 830 Series

Western Digital 2 tb

Don`t want to offense someone, but searching How-to forums would be very appreciated. ;) There is all answers, even more.

always comes to mind. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

It's just A Jump to the Left.... And A Step to the Riiii-ii---ii-ght.......

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I did use the search button but was not able to find something LOL.

Eventualy i tryed to get the 3d cockpit in and for some reason one of the codes fixed it :P (i know which one).

So again dont blame me if i did not use the search right but i'm not able to find a threat

about adding a 3d cockpit in (except this one), and i did read this whole threat and tryed some but i'm not really getting it, better said its not working.

if anyone want to guide me or has a good guide pls link it or try to help me much appreciated.

Vincent

PS. funny Vid

My specs

ASUS GTX660 TI

SSD-Samsung 830 Series

Western Digital 2 tb