F-22 Cockpit Photos

EvilBivol-1

i don't know if you guys have this yet but.....

296355_313729141987658_171070442920196_1354788_1746948415_n.jpg

i think this pic worth a shot!

Imagine the LUA nightmare of trying to setup all those displays on a multi-monitor setup in DCS. I'd have to get 3 way SLI and 3 more screens to be happy. It would be a good nightmare to have though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking Leg restraint chords ... very K36 like :)

Cord? Where? Using a cord would be counter productive and hurt the pilot.

100630-F-5306T-001.jpg

This is a T-38 seat.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123212777

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but the new T-38 seat does use ankle restraint "garters". Or is that what you were saying? I'm on an iPhone so it looks like a pic might not be showing up...I just see a little question mark.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Cord? Where? Using a cord would be counter productive and hurt the pilot.

100630-F-5306T-001.jpg

This is a T-38 seat.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123212777

See Below:

Chordrestraints.jpg

The Chords are tacked up around the leg wells. In the case of the K36 seat the chords are attached to padded anklets. As the seat moves up the rails, the chords tighten closing the anklets around the pilots legs. I presume a similar padded arrangement is used on the F22 seat, drawn in by the similar chord arrangement.

On another forum an egress instructor talks about them:

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-9872-start-0.html

Edited by IvanK

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but the new T-38 seat does use ankle restraint "garters". Or is that what you were saying? I'm on an iPhone so it looks like a pic might not be showing up...I just see a little question mark.

My point was that I thought the pilots needed some padding to prevent injury, the T-38 new seat you can see the inch thick straps, same thing I have seen on the F/A-18 seat. I have seen the cord in K-36 but, they have padding also. Not seeing any padding on the F-22 ACES, I did not think t would be practical, IvanK said it works, so I guess I was wrong. Thanks IvanK

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It would be really interesting to see an image of the F22 seat from the forward face to see how the whole thing is implemented. I agree with you MSVGAS I would have thought that bit that actually comes in contact with the legs would need to be wider than a single chord.

The Standard Martin Baker leg restraint gaiter is about 3cm wide.

• 2 weeks later...

1.21 gigawatts?!

flux_capacitor.jpg

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Just read something astounding. Anyone care to guess as to the processing power of the chips running all of that?

Knowing how long military procurement takes I would not be surprised if it was the equivalent of a 486-66!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Knowing how long military procurement takes I would not be surprised if it was the equivalent of a 486-66!;)

Given that the ABRIS runs on a 486, i suspect it's a little more than that. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

These things are not suposed to be fast, they are meant to be nearly 100% reliable. Dont be surprised if these class of chips get replaced by new ones running at merelly 333Mhz or lower.

About the 486 in the ABRIS, its neither one or the other :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Does the cockpit have transition glass (in pictures it varies between clear/black/gold)? Or do they use a different tint on certain jets? Or is it all to do with the camera angle?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

Does the cockpit have transition glass (in pictures it varies between clear/black/gold)? Or do they use a different tint on certain jets? Or is it all to do with the camera angle?

I'm sure that's just camera angle & ambient light.

It uses gold tinted multi-layer polycarbonate. You can compare this most easily to a pair of impact resistant sunglasses, which also use polycarbonate, albeit with a darker tint.

As to the speed of the chips, it isn't because they need to be reliable. It is because the procurement cycle takes so long on military jets. Take a look at some of the modern civilian cockpits like the G5000 and Avidyne R9, and you will be surprised at how modern they are compared to their military counterparts.

Take the space shuttle. It's computers are nearly all 80's hardware. They COULD have put newer hardware in at any point along the line, but to do so they would have to go through a large amount of tests to ensure that nothing would go wrong as a result of the new hardware. And of course, the old hardware does perform the task at hand more than well enough, so as they saying goes, "If it ain't F***ing broke, don't fix it".

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

As to the speed of the chips, it isn't because they need to be reliable. It is because the procurement cycle takes so long on military jets. Take a look at some of the modern civilian cockpits like the G5000 and Avidyne R9, and you will be surprised at how modern they are compared to their military counterparts.

^^^^ Yes

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The Shuttle software is the only large piece of software known to have zero defects. This is because they tested it for a decade to work out all the kinks. They're not gonna change anything about it now.

The programming language used on older USAF aircraft is called 'JOVIAL':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JOVIAL

The B1 (using C), F-35 (C++) and F-22 (ADA) are the first USAF aircraft to use regular languages (C/C++/ADA). That's why they had weird teething problems. For example: the 'operational' F-22 software falling over the first time they crossed the International Date line, was nearly a disaster; but is fixed now:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/f22-squadron-shot-down-by-the-international-date-line-03087/

and many of the delays you hear about in the F-35 program are apparently caused by difficulties getting the software right - large software projects are hard!.

More info on the F-22 software here:

http://www.f-22raptor.com/af_avionics.php

Thanks for the pictures of the Raptor cockpit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This is the best F-22 picture I have: Only thing now is to figure out where it was taken. (i.e the island estate behind it)

picture.php?albumid=186&pictureid=2683

A bit late to reply, but that island estate is Fort Munro in Virginia. It was decommissioned recently.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.