Unofficial List of Upcoming DCS Aircraft

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F18c or F15c can only be what's coming next. Period. Of the two I'd like to see the more versatile Hornet.

I agree, much better choice. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Just wanted to add a quick perspective on this. Aircraft in general take time to make. Some military aircraft takes years if not decades to work on and test. So some groups are choosing to start with making trainers or low tech aircraft as a starting point. This gives them a good general indication of how to make more complex aircraft.

Thanks for pointing this out - I was just about to post in this thread wondering why this was the case but it's a good thing I ran a search, first. Not that I begrudge anyone for wanting to fly trainers or other more unglamorous jets when theoretically anything is possible (my guess was that a lot of people had genuine soft spots for these planes either for their designs or nostalgia for their own training, or that here was a military market for getting cadets ready for trainers as well), but it does seem like an odd choice on the face of it.

This makes it make a lot more sense, however.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

P-47?

YES. Though first I would like to see a BF-109 and an A6M Zero, then maybe a Spitfire. Then a P-38.

Then an F-16. Then the entire Saab stable, from Draken to Gripen. Then maybe a Rafale.

I don't really have the time or money for many more planes besides the ones we have now, and am waiting to see how the current crop turns out, but I would 100% buy a Gripen or a Rafale.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Well it's going to be years period. I'm curious though to see with just the task of adding aircraft (DCS has to divide its attention quite a bit), how fast these 3rd parties can produce. I'm also curious how having a lot of information already from producing for FSX (in terms of avionics and how the aircraft functions) will translate.

I'm also curious how having a lot of information already from producing for FSX (in terms of avionics and how the aircraft functions) will translate.

It won't...just because you know how a system works doesn't mean you know how to program it to work in DCS...there is going to be a big learning curve, especially as the more advanced (F-22, F-15E, Typhoon, etc) aircraft are developed.

True, but one doesn't have to research the system anymore if they already did so for FSX right?

Hence freeing up some time for the actual coding/testing side of things?

Maybe not research but coding for FSX is completely different than for DCS thus the learning curve and long development times...at least in my opinion...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Can someone correct the F-14D? They are only developing the F-14A not the F-14D

I believe they said A First, and then MAYBE a D or something like that.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It isn't about obsolete, just more documents available ... but, the main problem with F-14's is that it will be very hard to find people who can tell you how it works.

Documentation is one thing, but documentation won't always tell you all the nuances, and some documentation like tactical manuals and weapon manuals remain classified, even for the F-14A. In particular, F-14's were destroyed to prevent Iran from getting their hands on F-14 parts via the black market (or so it is believed), so information for F-14's may be very hard to come by.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda