Jupiter (OFAB-100) Bombing Technique?

Frost15

After seeing 8 Jupiters on the wings of the -ZA, I thought to myself, I could be pretty bad*** with these. Unfortunately, upon dropping one, I noticed it parachuted down instead of falling forward like other bombs :huh:. Does anyone have any special techniques for utilizing this bomb? I feel like successful bombing with the Jupiters could be a legitimate thing in the L-39 if only there was a good way to do it... :helpsmilie:

"Any landing you can walk away from is one you'll be criticized on in some way"

~Me

You need to release much later than the standard bomb. I usually let them go just as the target is disappearing under the plane's nose. And I'm usually in a slightly shallower dive than the standard bombs.

I like letting all of them train off on a convoy or other soft targets.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

This is how I do it.

Parachute retarded bombs are specifically designed to be dropped at very low level, without blowing yourself up, so here they are being dropped at about 50 mtr AGL on the level at high speed from the L39ZA. (Part of a longer vid, I haven't finished yet).

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

8 x OTAB 100, dropped in auto sequence single mode from 60 ft. AGL You can't miss at this altitude, but for a long column like this, a manual single release would spread it further down the line.

Edited by Holbeach
Added text

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

8 x 1 manual @ 60'. 2 x 4 manual @ 180'. 8 x 1 auto @ 90', straight and low level, parachute retarded OFAB 100, bombing soft and light armour targets.

This type of accurate LL retarded bombing was extensively used in Viet Nam by A4s to support combat troops very close to the enemy, but the development of manpads etc. has put a stop to attacking defended areas.