DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am eager to see what they offer up to tempt us for the kickstarter....

I'm quite curious at the price mark they'll aim for and the stretch goals, it would be lovely if they'd manage to grab enough cash to build up main variants.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm quite curious at the price mark they'll aim for and the stretch goals, it would be lovely if they'd manage to grab enough cash to build up main variants.

$50 is my mid-limit $40 my bottom limit.

Upper limit depends on the kickstarter content.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well this thread is massive... I will definitely chip in for an F-35 if it looks to be the mutts nuts, I'll wait for a little more info first though. I'm intrigued as to how accurate any of it could be with the jet itself being newer than new.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I am eager to see what they offer up to tempt us for the kickstarter....

Agreed. It should be interesting.

I am sure I will kick in but the amount depends on the perks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The A-10 is my favorite plane, The F-35 has become my 2nd favorite. So this makes me pretty happy having both available for DCS. K.I has my support already without seeing much at all. I'm sure when we get more info and pictures of what they are capable of I will be even more excited to throw money at this project than I am already.

Edited by Mike Busutil

F35C is slated to arrive for our guys here in NAF this year.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Will it be highly accurate like the A-10 and Ka-50 and Huey.

apparently that is what they are aiming for :D

those models look fantastic too!

Can't wait for the videos, this is looking really promising. I'll be supporting the kickstarter for sure, I really would love to get the B version at least - STVOL is just too cool to not be used whenever possible :D

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

I wonder why aren't they ( shots ) in hd res. Eagle post in HD and count me in. You website change colors on iPad lol

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I'm curious about the vertical stabs... Just as a conversation piece I envisioned potential to have a profile more resembling of the F22- these seem very narrow by comparison. Any thoughts on that or is it "just the way it is?"

That's really the way they are...

Compare the F-35A: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-Martin-F-35A/2225430/&sid=cfeaa3af9101450bbdf5f34138c8363e

To the F-22: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Lockheed-Martin-F-22A/2234397/&sid=b7a2a276c959f50c83b3de5cb18c74d6

The F-35 doesn't have the sexiest profile, but viewing from the top or the bottom, she looks very sweet!

Inboard weapon bay doors need to be open more as they have about a inch and a half clearance between them in the front.

What are you talking about? Are you talking about the picture looking at the front of the plane? (Head on) I believe you are looking at the nose wheel gear doors or the as there is no "inboard" weapon bay doors. Only a left and a right side...

EDIT: I see what you are talking about, (the inner door's should be closer together)

Edited by Mike Busutil

I'm curious about the vertical stabs... Just as a conversation piece I envisioned potential to have a profile more resembling of the F22- these seem very narrow by comparison. Any thoughts on that or is it "just the way it is?"

Thats just the way they are. More of a common design but it works just the same.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]