Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

A10C, HARS tutorial?

joebloggs

Does anyone know what I'm talking about when I mention HARS? This thread had 56 views without reply, so I'm not sure if I've explained myself properly. I'm taling about the system that is a backup to the EGi, but I'm a bit clueless on how to use it after reading the manual.

HARS is redundant in the C model and I am not 100% sure if it is fully functional in the sim. Having said that, I think I have seen some instructions, I will try to dig them out later on. Cheers!

It's a fallback if the GPS/INS navigation unit fails.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 1 year later...
Does any have a simple tutorial on how to use HARS? I've looked for you tube videos about it, but I can't find a tutorial on how to use it. Thanks!

Please, no one knows for sure if HARS works fully in DCS A10C ??? And if it does, How does It do?

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

When you take damage and your EGI fails, your instruments still shows correct heading etc... this is HARS working. There is a HARS panel behind ils and tacan, you can synchronize it from there and some more tweaking but nothing special, it is described in the manual. I am not sure if you can navigate your cdu waypoints by using hars and how is it in the real A10A where HARS is the main navigation system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

INS was the original source for navigation in the A-10A prior to the gps updated. HARS was always a backup.

Correct, my mistake. So I guess it can only provide you proper heading in case main nav fail.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]