Cannot See the CCIP Reticle

Avio

When rolling in for a CCIP attack, I am not able to see the CCIP reticle unless I go on a very steep dive. Even then, the warning staple already is showing even though I set to TRN turn away after drop bomb.

Tried moving camera up and although I could see whole of HUD bottom, still no sight of the reticle until much later.

I do not have track-IR. Any help appreciated.

Were you doing a rocket run or a bomb run? For dropping bombs I usually get the pipper well into the dive and will be at a fairly steep nose down attitude (regardless of my selected escape maneuver setting). You may want to try starting out at a higher altitude and play with it a bit change your attitude until you get it sorted (also remember your altitude vs. the target altitude. Good Luck!

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

this happens to me too, hope to see more insights. thanks guys

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Is your target altitude set in cdu (DTS)? And is the soi a sensor or a steerpoint?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You need to set target altitude as follows:

1- lock target with tgp (tms forward long)

2- create markpoint while TGP as soi by dms right short.

3- check CDU markpoint page elevation number then cycle desired waypoint as target point

4- UFC/FN/3/Steerpoint/ enter markpoint altitude into steerpoint altitude

If you roll in you must let the nose sink before pulling the stick. I'll post a video soon.

Make it a habit to include tracks with your questions (dont change F-1 cameras)

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks a lot WillBill. I did steps 1 and 2 but thought altitude data would have been captured. Didn't know that I've to manually transfer that altitude data over to the steerpoint.

Will give it a try. Thanks again.

Altitude Data in CCIP? The pipper only shows where the bomb would impact if you would press the button in this moment. Regardless of any target. If you fligh high and straight, the impact point will be under your nose, so you can't see it. You have to go lower, faster or steeper, or a combination of it.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

It is applicable simply because also gun run with CCIP reticle/cross require accurate elevation data- DTS.