Steam version A10c and DCS World

Haverhalt

Hi guys,

I've owned the Steam version of A10c for a few years now. I recently re-installed it to a new drive, having been away from the sim for a few years now.

I'm a little confused with how/if the Steam version A10c integrates with DCS World. I keep reading that DCS World is free to d/l and play (like it's a stand alone sim apart from A10c), and includs the P-51 & Su-25t; and that I'd be able to get it even if I didn't have A10c. That sounds so incredibly awesome that it's got me wondering if I'm not missing something. Am I mistaken?

Also, if the Steam version of A10c can be integrated with DCS World, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks.

Hi,

There is a module manager in dcs world.It lets you download and activate different modules into dcs world.There is an account login at the top of the right corner that lets you get into you DCS account. Your serial from steam will be fine in the standalone. That's what i did. I recently did a new build and reactivated my modules by logging into the module screen.

Screen_150627_113434.thumb.jpg.184acd3340aada7a955e4bdbce1820a9.jpg

Screen_150627_113452.thumb.jpg.63240b3da87ef3bce0b4e98d2d533333.jpg

Hi,

There is a module manager in dcs world.It lets you download and activate different modules into dcs world.There is an account login at the top of the right corner that lets you get into you DCS account. Your serial from steam will be fine in the standalone. That's what i did. I recently did a new build and reactivated my modules by logging into the module screen.

There is no module manager in the Steam version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I went into mod mgr in DCS World and registered an account. I then did a license check and ran my Steam CD key. It all checked out. But the A10c module still wants me to 'buy' the module. I don't see any means to 'upgrade' it. Nor do I see any way to upgrade A10c from within my Steam library.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to play A10c within DCS World, but only through Steam with whatever version I currently have. Unless I'm still missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

Your steam a-10c module should work on your STEAM DCS world.

If you want to use the NON steam DCS world then you should go to dcs.com login, go to your profile in upper right. Then select check license bottom left corner and type in the Serial from the steam a-10c.

Type it in again in the new screen and check it. THEN BIND the key to your login. You took ownership of this serial now. It will work on steam and on the non steam version now.

Now start up non steam DCS world and wait 20 seconds A popup will appear with saying: You can now install a-10C.

Edit: You should ofcourse check in steam what the serial of the module is.