June 2014 Update

Wags

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there are a lot of planes being made, but I need the environment (terrain, vehicles, equipment, comms, navigation, etc) to fly in :)

This is very true, that is what I meant by maybe the projects will be more closely related now. I do hope it is all kept under one roof however.. DCS: World.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Thanks ED for saving our money, massive respect for picking up the pieces when they really did not have to. Looking forward to the future.

:thumbup:

Massive respect and thank you to ED for saving this project.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Massive respect and thank you to ED for saving this project.

Hear, hear!

Sithspawn, great job moderating such a difficult transition!

I for one, a long time simmer, was not really interested in jet age stuff until Luthier started his KS project, which I thought and still think was worth backing. I then also bought the P51 just to check DCS out.

By now I have bought the entire line up, except for the latest helicopter which is still Beta. I will buy that one too for sure.

Luthier may not be the best manager, but for good or for worse, he makes things happen.

As a customer I am just happy flight sims are still developing and improving.

Again, thank you ED for stepping up.

• Like 1

Thanks Wags/ ED for continuing on with the project... even though I didn't pledge, it always had (and will continue to have) my full support.

With Luthier leaving the RRG team, I'm hoping it was in amicable circumstances (with everything remaining amicable moving on in to the future) and stemmed from a self made realisation that he just couldn't for emotional/ domestic legal reasons carry on leading the project.

Wags, I have one question which I'm hoping could be answered... is Oleg still on the team?

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• ED Team
+1

But they have a lot on their plate at the moment, so I understand the schedules are all a bit messed up. Planes first I guess. :)

Yes, indeed... imagine taking DCS World and converting everything to 1944... it boggles the mind at the work there... we will see what ED can do with it all, its good they retained some of RRG's people though...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

As mentioned yesterday, this project will only have minimal impact on our other internal projects given that much of the former-RRG team is now working for Eagle Dynamics. As such, projects like the F/A-18C, Su-27 PFM, and new maps are still under active development.

:cheer3nc:

Thanks a lot

I've seen enough WWII junk flying in various sims

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I am sure it wont...

Especially since the WWII terrain depends on it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hello, my first post here though I've been playing and enjoying DCS sims for a while already.

I had my doubts about this but I still ended up backing the WW2 project, because I thought (and still think!) that it would be fantastic to have all those WW2 aircraft modelled as realistically as possible, in true DCS style.

Now I'm just a little worried that nothing will come of this and I wasted my money. I hope it won't come to that and you will succeed at this project!

Hello, my first post here though I've been playing and enjoying DCS sims for a while already.

I had my doubts about this but I still ended up backing the WW2 project, because I thought (and still think!) that it would be fantastic to have all those WW2 aircraft modelled as realistically as possible, in true DCS style.

Now I'm just a little worried that nothing will come of this and I wasted my money. I hope it won't come to that and you will succeed at this project!

Welcome PJJ.

I share your feelings about having DCS level WW2 aircraft.

I wouldn't worry about the project going belly up though. ED is invested and going to see it through.

My own concerns are related more to how this will be rolled out. Ilya's goal was a very short time frame with backers having access to things as they reached alpha and beta stages. Well the FW-190 is beyond alpha since it's release goal has been set for August, but the backers don't have access to it, or anything else.

In the OP Wags said,

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is still planned as a single-package option, or users can purchase individual components to integrate into DCS World.

With the new end date for the project set in 2015 or beyond, since there are no dates yet for the 262 and buff, we may not get our hands on any of it for years to come unless we,

purchase individual components to integrate into DCS World.

I'm hoping this is not the case, but until there is further clarification about how things will be released, how and if alpha and beta access will happen, I'm not expecting to have anything for a long time.

Welcome to the loony bin.

And fear not, if Wags from ED says something, it's gospel.

We may not get all the bells and whistles, but we will get A1 quality FM with what is delivered.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Sorry, just got back to pc and find this news. Obviously great, Thank You!

Without having to sift through hundreds of posts, can someone pls direct me to relevant post on getting a P51D that was bought in KS backing? I want to run a dedicated server on old pc, and apparently you must have a "valid serial number " (?) to join multiplayer with new account?

Old pc, start DCS, login multiplayer w/ new, registered account , says invalid serial number.

Old pc, start DCS, login multiplayer w/ old account, no problem. Start server. Go to new pc, login mp w/ new account, "invalid serial number". Login MP w/ old account, see server, join, kicks server after 1 min. ( joined w/ same account as server pc ).

Guessing you must have separate account for dedicated server, but apparently you need a product serial number.

Thanks, and sorry to be so clueless. I am older, and have had a few headshots... TY

Edited by wuffman

Sorry, just got back to pc and find this news. Obviously great, Thank You!

Without having to sift through hundreds of posts, can someone pls direct me to relevant post on getting a P51D that was bought in KS backing? I want to run a dedicated server on old pc, and apparently you must have a "valid serial number " (?) to join multiplayer with new account?

Old pc, start DCS, login multiplayer w/ new, registered account , says invalid serial number.

Old pc, start DCS, login multiplayer w/ old account, no problem. Start server. Go to new pc, login mp w/ new account, "invalid serial number". Login MP w/ old account, see server, join, kicks server after 1 min. ( joined w/ same account as server pc ).

Guessing you must have separate account for dedicated server, but apparently you need a product serial number.

Thanks, and sorry to be so clueless. I am older, and have had a few headshots... TY

Wuff,

What's up, buddy. I'm sending you a PM about the server stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

As I read about all of this, the concern over timelines, and the expectations we have all come to expect, I have to ask -

Do any of you guys remember what it was like playing the "original" Falcon on a Mac toster? We thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and we were basically shooting green stick figures on a screen because there was the tinniest feeling of flight involved.

Kinda puts all this is perspective. Thanks to ED and the development team for continuing to do what once was never thought possible.

Do any of you guys remember what it was like playing the "original" Falcon on a Mac toster? We thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and we were basically shooting green stick figures on a screen because there was the tinniest feeling of flight involved.

Kinda puts all this is perspective. Thanks to ED and the development team for continuing to do what once was never thought possible.

Heh.. I started flight sims/games on Commodore Amiga somewhere in 80s/90s: Falcon, Their Finest Hour: Battle of Britain, Fighter Bomber, Combat Air Patrol, F/A-18 Interceptor, F-22 Retaliator, F-15 Strike Eagle, F-19, Gunship 2000, Wings...

They weren't all that accurate sims, more like games often but at the time they were awesome.

Now we are getting simulations for home computer that were incredibly rare before... Exciting times ahead ;)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."