New 1.2 Screen Shots - 10 March 06

All this detail (check the rails/mirror bars on the APC) and self shadowing is making me very cautious, frame rates are gonna sink through the floor.

http://www.lockon.ru/img/products/large/6b5e30e3891160e075a74a665525a082.jpg

Looks very nice, and will be very good, just a shame we are going to need to rent time on a mainframe supercomputer to run it.

Also note how the static (and one assumes low revs) rotor blades are flexing (i.e. not rigid and parellel with ground)

In fact the ground vehicles are lookign very nice, I wonder if they will bring out a mod to allow you to take command of some armour or an IFV. Total integrated battlefield, with massive multiplayer capability anyone?

Whit all those details on the ground vehicles its getting so temting to have a super battlefield in the future(if the engine make it possible or maybe in the next lockon). Wow those blades on the Cobras, like you sead dynamocl, are crazy. And are those new explosions at the back of some pictures? Thank you ED and keep the extremely good work!!!

All this detail (check the rails/mirror bars on the APC) and self shadowing is making me very cautious, frame rates are gonna sink through the floor.

http://www.lockon.ru/img/products/large/6b5e30e3891160e075a74a665525a082.jpg

Looks very nice, and will be very good, just a shame we are going to need to rent time on a mainframe supercomputer to run it.

Also note how the static (and one assumes low revs) rotor blades are flexing (i.e. not rigid and parellel with ground)

In fact the ground vehicles are lookign very nice, I wonder if they will bring out a mod to allow you to take command of some armour or an IFV. Total integrated battlefield, with massive multiplayer capability anyone?

Wait for the Operation Flashpoint 2 - battlefield there will be more integrated than anything you've seen before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Wait for Armed Assault in the meantime, coming around May this year ;)

Anyway, could we also have screens of the new environnement rendering, if any, please, ED? With cherry on top, of course :P

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

On a bright side, NVIDIA 7900GT starts at around $300!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

[Offtopic_Report In]@Whisper ... No .. Armed Assault will come around this

summer .. BIS says half year 2006 and i don't think it's ready on this may ;)[Offtopic_Report out!]

[offtopic reply] Sure, that's what they said a year ago, mid 2005, come on, I mean, why no news at all? Are the devs drinking/smoking too much pot? And Arma is only an upgraded OPF1, which is good, but the engine is still not optimal, and the aircraft are not as realistic as they could be, control wise. But I guess we'll have to wait for mods that will correct this. Anyway, Arma will be great, better than all those crap arcade shooters for retarded kids with too much adrenaline. [/offtopic reply]

I guess the vehicles could be swapped with the low-res models, somebody will make a loman mod for it, it is however demoralizing to see such level of detail, clogging up the performance. Let's hope there will be a detail level switch in the options menu for the vehicles LOD.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

The Man in the Tent

I love the Supply guy in the tent doing the paper work for the Cobra.

Sir... thanks for bring it back in one peice this time!

Great work guys... amazing detail...;)

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

And Arma is only an upgraded OPF1

And OFP1 is only one of the greatest PC games ever.

and the aircraft are not as realistic as they could be, control wise. But I guess we'll have to wait for mods that will correct this.
You can't expect an infantry simulator to have very realistic vehicles. Especially ones as complex as modern aircraft.

Wait for Armed Assault in the meantime, coming around May this year ;)

Anyway, could we also have screens of the new environnement rendering, if any, please, ED? With cherry on top, of course :P

You know if Eagle Dynamics worked with those guys doing TK and made the two compatible it would take things to whole new level.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

You can't expect an infantry simulator to have very realistic vehicles. Especially ones as complex as modern aircraft.

That't the problem, I do expect... or should I say hope.

Something like OFP with the fidelity of a proper flight sim, sure it will scare the kids off because they can't use the jets like in Battlefield 2. But isn't that the point? One day, one day......

That't the problem, I do expect... or should I say hope.

Something like OFP with the fidelity of a proper flight sim, sure it will scare the kids off because they can't use the jets like in Battlefield 2. But isn't that the point? One day, one day......

When we grow a grey beard and start enjoying prune juice.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Man this thread is really going O/T......

Personally I think that Ed has a good handle on detailed military vehicles as well as complex modern aircraft...

I would like to see the ground detail worked on, but with the advanced flight models of the new aircraft and now the uber vehicle detail it's really not that important....

Anyway I'm sure that this will become a reality some time in the near future in one of the newer incarnations.....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Well OFP has already taken things to a much more realistic level than most other FPS. That includes vehicles such as tanks and humvees etc. The interesting thing is what if there were cooperation between the developers of OFP2 and TK? They already have flyable mods such as helicopters and jet aircraft but the next version Armoured Assault and OFP2 will both have a much bigger area which would be ideal for a realistic flightsim.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/FFUR_1985_Video_Top_Gun_Bonus;48412

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/FFUR_1985_Video;47902

Something for people to think about anyway, not impossible IMO.:icon_supe

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thx totally forgot about that Mod.. Hmm but why is the fire truck red anyway hehe seems crazy.

On the FPS thing .. I can't believe the only FPS sim out there right now is probably Americas Army. At some point you will be able to drive vehicles in AA but that's a few versions away. I tried the RvS Lockdown demo .. and lets just say I wont be buying the full game ;) . You would have thought that there would be a number FPS military sims out but the reality is there are more flightsims around..

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

• ED Team
The interesting thing is what if there were cooperation between the developers of OFP2 and TK? They already have flyable mods such as helicopters and jet aircraft but the next version Armoured Assault and OFP2 will both have a much bigger area which would be ideal for a realistic flightsim.

Practically impossible yet, as we have too different engines. Actually I am waiting Armed Assault too. I am a big fun of OFP. ;)

P.S.

It would be great to make something like OFP, but... with realistically driven and controlled vehicles (as we do it for Ka-50 now).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.