DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

Are we going to be a bit behind the F-15C and Su-27 in terms of missile performance then?

Yes.

No Fox3 on the 2000C, only SARH (Super 530D).

FWIW, Wikipedia quotes 40km range for the S 530D.

The AIM-7E carried by the F-15C is given for 50km, or 10 more. And the F-15C is also AMRAAM able.

As for the Su-27, despite some (enthousiast?) max range figures quoted here and there, I would think the S 530D is more or less even with the Alamo A/R-27R (perhaps a bit more short-legged though), but it clearly has less range than the Alamo C/R-27ER.

OTOH, the Mirage's S 530D max speed is greater: Mach 5 vs Mach 4 (Sparrow) / 4.5 (Alamo).

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

No Fox3 on the 2000C, only SARH (Super 530D).

FWIW, Wikipedia quotes 40km range for the S 530D.

I believe that's ... wrong. it's a 275kg missile. It's a little heavier than the R-27, lighter than R-27E. Hard to tell if the fuel fraction is similar, but ...

The AIM-7E carried by the F-15C is given for 50km, or 10 more. And the F-15C is also AMRAAM able.

AIM-7F/MH. :) The E is much shorter ranged.

As for the Su-27, despite some (enthousiast?) max range figures quoted here and there, I would think the S 530D is more or less even with the Alamo A/R-27R (perhaps a bit more short-legged though), but it clearly has less range than the Alamo C/R-27ER.

OTOH, the Mirage's S 530D max speed is greater: Mach 5 vs Mach 4 (Sparrow) / 4.5 (Alamo).

Cheers

Az'

I think this is misinformation as well. If it tops out at M5 it is likely to out-range anything that doesn't unless it is far draggier. I suspect its range is limited by the power of the illuminating radar, like AIM-7F (Raero is 53nm!).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Heres hoping for Exocet. :D

According to wikipedia, earlier 2000C's couldn't carry them, but Mirage's after the 37th to come off the production line were updated to carry Exocets as well as a bunch of other equipment. Did RAZBAM state which sub-variant they were modelling? Only having a few weapon options would hurt my interest in this module.

Did RAZBAM state which sub-variant they were modelling? Only having a few weapon options would hurt my interest in this module.
The sub-variant is mentioned here:

We are doing the Mirage 2000C (S-5) which has the RDI radar. Don't get it confused with the Mirage 2000-5, that is an entirely different aircraft.

The final list of weapons available for the FSX version of this plane can be seen in the spoiler below. No confirmation for DCS on these yet. (the GBU-12 will require buddy lasing, and I think the LFR 4 is a rocket pod.)

10568908_722628004476071_7145843479312580143_n.jpg

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sub-variant is mentioned here:

The final list of weapons available for the FSX version of this plane can be seen in the spoiler below. No confirmation for DCS on these yet. (the GBU-12 will require buddy lasing, and I think the LFR 4 is a rocket pod.)

10568908_722628004476071_7145843479312580143_n.jpg

Excellent, this looks like my kind of jet! You have my money. Hopefully it'll be ready by next summer since university is going to get in the way until then.

Cockpit looks very nice. Never seen a combined AI/HI before.

m2000c0pf.jpg

This is the 2000C S-5 cockpit right? I assume the glass cockpits are for 2000-5 and the ones without the RWR are the earlier C models.

EDIT: nvm, checked original post, it matches up with this exactly.

Edited by Zakatak

Looking good Tim!

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Tim, would you happen to know the functions on the HOTAS for this plane? It seems very simple in comparison to most fourth generation aircraft, with the throttle looking almost barren. Is there a lot of clicking around the cockpit to be done in comparison to the A-10C or what have you? Granted, I can't see the back or side of the throttle nor the back of the stick.

Nice work. Hope to see it soon...

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64