Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

AFAIK it's only for the F-15C

Looks like all planes will see improvements.

Yes, for all player SFM aircraft.

Not that I am aware of specific to the Russian aircraft. But there are improvements that span all aircraft, like updated navigation data now when in a weapons mode.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All missiles have AFM now. No point in panicking "Is for F-15 only!" when its not.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I guess I'm old fashioned, but will there be a boxed version? And how long will it take to arrive. I hate not having a CD/DVD. I'm stilling waiting for boxed P-51 before I buy.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Lets do this in steps

1] download game file

2] save to disc either a CD or a DVD

3-

A) put in a box

or

B) find a discarded DVD box and print out a DCS: P51 sleave

4] enjoy

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

What makes me smile is that it'll most likely require a DCSW type login which in turn will sort out al them pirates and .. in turn some of those cheaters, hackers and trolls.

I'm hoping MP play will be sorted for ~64+ players. FC3, if it's stable will deserve an OPFOR. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

day 1 buy for me, good job ED!

I haven't read the thread alot, but i'm sure there's alot of mad people about the 3d/6dof cockpit for the F-15 and not the others. I am sure eventually ED will do Russian aircraft and you guys will be flowing in Russian fighters! Just stick it out and support them.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but will there be a boxed version? And how long will it take to arrive. I hate not having a CD/DVD. I'm stilling waiting for boxed P-51 before I buy.

I would guess, Christmas timeframe.

EDIT: If I were you I would consider Joey's suggestion since as time goes on, some things are never going to come out in boxes.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What makes me smile is that it'll most likely require a DCSW type login which in turn will sort out al them pirates and .. in turn some of those cheaters, hackers and trolls.

I'm hoping MP play will be sorted for ~64+ players. FC3, if it's stable will deserve an OPFOR. :thumbup:

That's a big plus for me 2! $40 dollars is not bad to me, considering it will bring some squads back online and not mixed in between DCS and FC2. Also, $40 dollars is nothing compared to the fun I'll be having once again flying FC2/DCS. Just wish after all these years they would of added a F-16/F-18 to the mix, only 2 US/NATO birds.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I hope that "advanced flight dynamics" means that they fixed Amraam. The C-5 model can't be jammed for instance. It's "brain" knows the difference between a cloud of foil pieces and a jet. Theres something seriously wrong with the sim when you can rack up a higher kill count using SARH than with ARM. One thing wasn't mentioned; ECM Has that been fixed or will we have to endure the terrible fix that was patched last time, 15 second warm up. Or the ridiculous idea that Russian jets can jam an F-15 and deny him a lock beyond 10 miles? Before the pro Russian guys complain do you want reality or game balance? BF3 has game balance.....Also, do we get JHMCS with the 15? Every squadron (including Guard) are now running helmet mounted sights.

• Like 1

DCS World now includes full MP for free. There will be plenty of cheaters, hackers and trolls with a DCSW type login. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What a bummer for me.. the F15c was the only plane i never flew in Flaming Cliffs.. just never got on with it...looks like i'm gonna have to learn it..i wish one of the Russian jets had got the love...oh well. The Su-33 with its carrier ops was always my baby.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

What a bummer for me.. the F15c was the only plane i never flew in Flaming Cliffs.. just never got on with it...looks like i'm gonna have to learn it..i wish one of the Russian jets had got the love...oh well. The Su-33 with its carrier ops was always my baby.

All the F-15 got was new 3D models. Something rather trivial, at least to me. The important changes were given to all aircraft. Only Russian planes were given AFM in FC. That's way more important than the model. The F-15's cockpit doesn't even begin to measure up to the Su-25 having AFM.

I guess I just don't care for graphics as much as most people.

All the F-15 got was new 3D models. Something rather trivial, at least to me. The important changes were given to all aircraft. Only Russian planes were given AFM in FC. That's way more important than the model. The F-15's cockpit doesn't even begin to measure up to the Su-25 having AFM.

I guess I just don't care for graphics as much as most people.

Oh so the F15 isn't an interactive cockpit? I must have misunderstood.

I agree graphics are not the most important thing.. but they do help me a lot in regards to immersion. :)

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

The graphics here that is so appealing is the cockpit. After getting used to the 6dof cockpit in the A-10C, I couldn't stand using the Su25T cockpit. It was just so much better....it infact forced me to learn using the A-10C's systems which I do not regret at all since it is so much more rewarding than the A-10A in FC.

I can't wait for the day when the Su27 flanker will get such a high fidelity cockpit.

Its ironic though...people crying US aircraft getting love and russian aircraft getting the shaft, back in the day when Su25T was announced, people cried russian aircraft were getting love. lol... Damned if u do...damned if u don't.

I guess the only way to win is...if the next DCS module would be: DCS: Fourth generation air superiority...featuring both the Eagle and the Flanker. Now that would be insane. ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team

I like my interactive cockpits, that's why I started to build my own universal one, all the aircraft I fly are interactive now :)

Looking forward to FC3 I do wish one of the Russian jets had been given some more love, but its all good :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I agree too, I dont want to see this low fidelity planes fly in DCS world, let them stay in their own playground.

Sorry, couldn't resist to answer this one:

DCS stands for Digital Combat Simulator. The word 'world' means that the 'DCS' brand is just an 'ecosystem' where all the WANTED modules are installed. The philosophy behind is:

- Want a module, buy it => don't want it,...

- Same 'ecosystem' for the patches (surely with the upcoming 'autopatcher')

- Same 'ecosystem' for all the different installations around the world => think multiplayer capability.

Now it's exact that the first DCS modules were for Black Shark ans A10c, which are unprecedented high fidelity modeled modules. Those marked the brand 'DCS'. BUT, the brand, the meaning of the acronym DCS has evoluated with the time in 'DCS World', with the consequences stated here above.

If I'm wrong, just correct me. That's just what I understood by my reading in this forum...

EDIT: I forgot: as I read here few pages before, I'm +1 with the idea that a short promo or 'feature' video could be made to show us what's in FC3... Someone? Mr Wagner? Glowing Amraam?

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Unless there is a destination restriction, as in Leafer's case, there seem to be quite a few vendors to choose from (especially if a used copy is acceptable). This is just Amazon US.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee440/cichlidfan58/lockonamazonus.jpg[/MG]

Availability isn't the issue. It's the fact that someone new to the Lock On series would have to spend $60 instead of $40 and depend on decade-old software to be installed in order to install FC3, which will also have its own DRM. How much longer will Lock On even be compatible with modern machines?

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

Availability isn't the issue. It's the fact that someone new to the Lock On series would have to spend $60 instead of $40 and depend on decade-old software to be installed in order to install FC3, which will also have its own DRM. How much longer will Lock On even be compatible with modern machines?

My LOMAC disc does not have any key-based DRM. All it does (if my memory serves) is CD-check.

After installing FC3, LOMAC is no longer necessary, you can uninstall it if you like. You don't even have to run LOMAC, you just need to show the installer that you do have it.

This is exactly the same as with FC2, and it cannot be avoided for legal reasons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Its ironic though...people crying US aircraft getting love and russian aircraft getting the shaft, back in the day when Su25T was announced, people cried russian aircraft were getting love. lol... Damned if u do...damned if u don't.

That's not really fair or true unless the same people complain both ways. There are plenty who are very happy to see the F15c get the love in this thread. But if an individual aircraft gets upgraded its bound to disappoint the ones who don't like that airframe. The only way to please everyone is to upgrade all equally. I'm sure ED would have liked to have done that if they had the resources.

Actually thats a DCS world feature, you get missiles afm even if you do not buy FC3.

And which aircraft do you intend to use it with?

AIM-9 on A-10 and archers on T-Frog? Re-check the announcement. :)

Also, you have to realize something here: if you want new features, they have to be paid for. ED programmers have this habit of needing to pay rent and feed their families. :) You seem to be under the impression that these features would enter DCS World at all without some module covering the expenses, which I doubt. (Though I don't have access to internal planning.)

It costs, so its not trivial at all. 75% of FC3 will be that F-15 graphic improvement.

No. Re-read the announcement. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester